• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Last One to Post Wins! v4

Years
    Well, yes the Pokémon anime isn't always truthful to the games and sometimes it doesn't even make sense. The episodes are pretty repetitive, which made me stop following it.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The thing that turned me off the anime wasn't really Ash's annoying personality, but much of the series didn't make much sense. They look like forgot that Pokémon rules existed at all and that made stuff like Pokémon using moves they don't learn, Pokémon having more than 4 moves (cough cough snorlax cough) and just many other wrong stuff in general.
    Tbh. tying the anime to the rules from the games doesn't really make much sense, either. At least not in many cases. It's like saying irl is unrealistic because in a game drinking a glass of water replenishes your HP back to full.

As for unlearnable moves you also have to keep in mind that every new generation comes with new move tutors and stuff. So, even though a Pokemon couldn't learn a move in one generation doesn't mean it can't in the next one.

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    Just phased for the shiny heatmor after 2463 ENCOUNTERS 😅
    Spoiler:

Years
    You should just do what I did... hatch eggs for something else, accidentally bump into a Heatmor. Boom. Shiny Heatmor. :coolcat:
    Yes that actually happened xD

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    Shiny hunting seems exhausting lol. My first ever shiny was a Budew in BD. Was just passing through Eternia Forest when it suddenly popped out.

As for unlearnable moves you also have to keep in mind that every new generation comes with new move tutors and stuff. So, even though a Pokemon couldn't learn a move in one generation doesn't mean it can't in the next one.

Can a Charizard learn tackle yet? 🤔

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
    You should just do what I did... hatch eggs for something else, accidentally bump into a Heatmor. Boom. Shiny Heatmor. :coolcat:
    Yes that actually happened xD

I'm So jealous :sadwick:. The thing is i'm doing random encounters because heatmor doesn't spawn in the overworld, I know it spawns in the overworld in the wild area but that's for a certain weather so i'll phase a lot, lol. and after heatmor i'm gonna hunt durant the same way, Yay! Hopefully I get that first phase

edit: I FOUND HER OH MY GOSH Time to hunt durant!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I really don't know how people can be that patient doing shiny hunting. I tried it a couple times and it just isn't my cup of tea.
    Can a Charizard learn tackle yet? 🤔
    It learns Take Down which is close enough for me, thematically. :3

Years
    Some type of white noise helps =P
    Also helps if you actually like the Pokemon you hunt.

The unexpected shinies you don't hunt for are more exciting though imo... because you'll be doing something else and then accidentally bump into some overworld mon while riding around hatching eggs and then suddenly your face to face with a shiny you didn't expect. And if you use white noise to keep yourself distracted it's gonna happen multiple times =P
    I've got like 6 or 7 shinies just from accidentally bumping into overworld mons in SwSH while hatching eggs xD

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I think I prefer the somewhat "closed" environment of Youtube videos over streams. I like when the video focuses on the topic and doesn't have this interactive component including the chat.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I usually watch Youtube videos when I'm having a meal ^^"

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    I usually watch Youtube videos when I'm having a meal ^^"

Who doesn't? :3

Normally when I'm doing something boring, be it in a game or in real life, I almost always put music to spice things up, mainly lo-fi. Full-on YouTube videos or streams take way too much of my attention.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I usually just turn on the radio. The channel I listen to is somewhat of a mix of all kinds of music genres as well as some documentaries, book readings, etc.

Years
    For music I have several playlists on YouTube =3

I don't think I've ever watched YouTube while eating a meal... if I watch anything at all at that moment it's usually just regular TV.

Back