• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Lazytown

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
  • so uh! hello. this is a thread bout lazytown, the show on nickelodeon and also the one show where that song about robbie rotten being number one is blowing up as a meme bc of the actor for robbie having some kind of cancer. so uh. heres some questions and hopefully a discussion follows suit.

Who's your favorite Lazytown character if you have one?

What is your favorite Lazytown episode?

When/how did you find out about it, if you know about it?

Do you have a favorite song in Lazytown?

For me, my favorite character is robbie rotten tbh oops. i've always had a thing for bad guys. also i feel like he doesn't get enough credit bc he puts so much work into his schemes but everyone calls him lazy like nah dude have you seen how much works goes into his plans? also i sort of relate to him bc he's a lonely dude and just wants friends, despite he acts like he doesn't. my favorite lazytown episode so far (i'm only on like episode 7 or something on season 1) is probably swiped sweets. mainly bc robbie is adorable in that episode and tries to frame sportacus to make him leave as usual uwu. i found out about it like, years ago when it showed on nick jr. i had only seen a few episodes here and there. i started getting into it again bc of the we are number one meme. now i have gone too deep and watch episodes of it unironically. my favorite song in lazytown right now is probably cooking by the book. it's way too cute and catchy. plus the cake in the video looks delish.

so uh. what's your opinion on lazytown? is it cute? dumb? overrated? a good message, etc? i didn't see a thread on this show sadly so i felt a need to make one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • ...and also the one show where that song about robbie rotten being number one is blowing up as a meme bc of the actor for robbie having some kind of cancer.

My little brother has been playing that song nonstop, and isn't afraid to show me whenever a new version from youtube comes across his prying hands. I definitely get a chuckle out of some of them, however, I was unaware of the reasoning behind its fame until now o: ):
    Who's your favorite Lazytown character if you have one?
    This guy:
    b856b3ca-2cf1-4979-9aed-5a9d1bc28ac4.gif

Stingy is definitely the one. He manages to annoy me, yet make me laugh at his antics every time, not to mention that some of Robbie Rotten's Number One songs are beginning to incorporate him now.

Spoiler:

When/how did you find out about it, if you know about it?

While that part of my life is hazy, I'm sure I found out about it via randomly scrolling through channels. As a kid, anything colorful and fun-looking generally grabbed my attention. I mean, look at Blues Clues and Dora The Explorer.
    Do you have a favorite song in Lazytown?

While the theme song was my go-to song to enter memory lane, this catchy "We Are Number One" tune is reaaaally beginning to rub off on me. Dare I say I sing it in the shower?
    so uh. what's your opinion on lazytown? is it cute? dumb? overrated? a good message, etc? i didn't see a thread on this show sadly so i felt a need to make one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it's both cute and manages to send good messages throughout its list of episodes. Were I to watch it now, I'm not sure if I can digest more than ten episodes at once (I've tried), but it's still nostalgic to return to it and remind myself that this was my jam when I was in elementary school.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • it's funny because Stingy and Ziggy are my least favorite characters.. they just annoy me so much. I guess stingy reminds me a bit of my sister..and ziggy also reminds me of my sister lmao. also about singing we are number one in the shower, do not worry my friend this is a judge free zone uwu.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    you guys got eight posts into a lazytown thread without mentioning cooking by the book ft. lil' jon

reflect on that

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I used to watch this religiously when my brother was a younger. I used to babysit with my grandma and we'd have like 5 kids and they would just watch Cartoons all morning and this was one of them. I honestly think I was more into it then they were haha!

Back