• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    It was revealed by Game Freak in an older interview that they prioritize in finalizing the legendaries and starters during a game's early development. Sakurai was able to take a look at Greninja's concept art during XY's early development and decided to put him into Smash. If Greninja's design was changed near the end of XY's development schedule, then the Greninja from Smash would've been an inaccurate representation of the Pokémon. That means the leaked concept art we're seeing are the finalized versions.

Is that so? o_OThat's pretty interesting info you got there! :pink_wink:

If that's the case then maybe I can buy the starters a little more? I dunno. I'm still iffy on it. It's not that I don't want to believe it's that whenever I see leaks like these, I feel it's best take them with a grain of salt. If I set high expectations on something, I only get hurt( like so many other people do) when it doesn't turn out the way you want it to. I've decided that until the release date( or whenever the final evos are released) that I should probably not trust leaks like these anymore fully. It'll just ruin the fun for me.

In the case they aren't real, I'd say thank god so everytime I look at Litten when my brother and I battle online my heart doesn't shatter ;-;

butttttttttt.....In the case that these are the Pokemon's final evolution as you've stated from that interview and they are real, I'm more upset at myself for spoiling myself too early XD lol. I know some people might hate them, but I'll grow to love them eventually. Just like Delphox.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The part about 90 new Pokémon is from another leak, which was proven to be false last month. The Chinese leak says there will be more new Pokémon than in XY but not by much, which means it'll be around the same number as Johto and Sinnoh.
    Could be less than 100, like 80 (Masuda's joke about ten mons will come back to haunt us...10 more than Kalos xD)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • That would suck, but I am fine with the amount of Sinnoh and Johto.

I would like to point out something that I stumbled upon.

It was said that Arcanine was supposed to be getting a Alolan form in these leaks, so I am going to guess these are from the same guy. However, I recall seeing a normal Arcanine in one of the trailers. So this could shoot down those leaks. Or both forms could be available. I say normal because it had its normal colors and art. Which we know change with the Alolan forms.

Edit: I was correct. The video shown at the Hong Kong Championships had a video of Rockruff fighting an Arcanine in Arcanine's normal form.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sinnoh had 107 new pokemon and 27 of them were cross-generational lines. So, basically 80 new pokemon + 27 cross-generational additions (many of which were boring baby pokemon or terrible, non-creative, and bloated evolutions like Probopass, Magmortar, Electrivire, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, along with some good ones that actually seemed like they completed their lines including Roserade, Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Frosslass).

Johto had 100 new pokemon and 17 of them were cross-generation. So 83 from new pokemon lines and 17 that are cross-generational.

In this generation, I'd guess 80-100 new pokemon from newly introduced lines. And, 20-35 Alolan Formes. Overall, that would be equal with, and likely to slightly exceed Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos in newly introduced pokemon lines AND overall cross-generational pokemon. Cross-generation is any new evolution or forme of pokemon of previous generations.

MOST (New pokemon lines) + (Cross-Generational)
    Gen 5 - (155) + (0) = 155
    Gen 1 - (151) + (0) = 151
    Gen 3 (133) + (2) = 135
    Gen 7 (80-100) + (20-35) = 118 [~90 + ~28]
    Gen 4: (80) + (27) = 107
    Gen 2: (83) + (17) = 100
    Gen 6 (68) + (24) = 82
    LEAST

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The part about 90 new Pokémon is from another leak, which was proven to be false last month. The Chinese leak says there will be more new Pokémon than in XY but not by much, which means it'll be around the same number as Johto and Sinnoh.

Was the no evil team also part of the leak that was proven fake? I don't know if any game can survive without some type of evil or something to get in the way of the protagonist. I don't know if the trials are enough. I think it would be amazing for it to be Technology vs Nature with the artificial island and so many steel types. Not to mention it is said the pokemon and human of Alola live in Harmony with pokemon and nature.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Sinnoh had 107 new pokemon and 27 of them were cross-generational lines. So, basically 80 new pokemon + 27 cross-generational additions (many of which were boring baby pokemon or terrible, non-creative, and bloated evolutions like Probopass, Magmortar, Electrivire, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Tangrowth, along with some good ones that actually seemed like they completed their lines including Roserade, Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Frosslass).

Johto had 100 new pokemon and 17 of them were cross-generation. So 83 from new pokemon lines and 17 that are cross-generational.

In this generation, I'd guess 80-100 new pokemon from newly introduced lines. And, 20-35 Alolan Formes. Overall, that would be equal with, and likely to slightly exceed Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos in newly introduced pokemon lines AND overall cross-generational pokemon. Cross-generation is any new evolution or forme of pokemon of previous generations.

MOST (New pokemon lines) + (Cross-Generational)
    Gen 5 - (155) + (0) = 155
    Gen 1 - (151) + (0) = 151
    Gen 3 (133) + (2) = 135
    Gen 7 (80-100) + (20-35) = 118 [~90 + ~28]
    Gen 4: (80) + (27) = 107
    Gen 2: (83) + (17) = 100
    Gen 6 (68) + (24) = 82
    LEAST
    I'm a little confused about the numbers.
    Didn't Gen 6 introduce 72 new Pokemon with Sylveon being the only new addition to an older line (Excluding Mega evolutions)? Are Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion not included?
    And if Mega evolutions are included in the numbers for cross-generational Pokemon then wouldn't the number be higher because of ORAS?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Was the no evil team also part of the leak that was proven fake? I don't know if any game can survive without some type of evil or something to get in the way of the protagonist. I don't know if the trials are enough. I think it would be amazing for it to be Technology vs Nature with the artificial island and so many steel types. Not to mention it is said the pokemon and human of Alola live in Harmony with pokemon and nature.

Nope, the fake leak did mention an evil team. The more believable leaks haven't mentioned the evil team, so it's still a mystery, but we'll have to wait until August 12th to find out.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • There was a recent leak that I remember reading that said there will be another lower amount of new Pokemon, but slightly more than Kalos introduced. I'm estimating the amount to be around 85 considering we now know about the Alolan forms and the possibility of more mega evolutions.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Just putting this out, but Litten turning into a wrestler is actually a lot more clever than you think.

In Japan, there's a very popular cultural wrestler character (in both pro wrestling and manga) by the name of Tiger Mask. Tiger Mask originally started out as a heel wrestler in America. If you don't know what a heel is, they're dirty, villainous wrestlers who like to cheat and aren't afraid to break the rules. When Tiger Mask returned to Japan, he visited an orphanage (one where he, himself, grew up in), meeting a kid who wanted to be a badass villain like him. Tiger Mask did a face turn (turning into a hero) because he didn't want kids to idolize a bad guy, and he wrestled for the sake of the orphanage.

In the concept art for Litten's evo, it says it's a dirty and wild fighter, strongly suggesting it's a heel and potentially a Fire/Dark type. Get this tough, in Hawaii, there's a very large population of stray cats, which is what Litten seems to be based on. In a way, they're like an orphanage, and Litten's evolution is their very own Tiger Mask!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    A thought occurred to me, we know that the breeding cat is likely at this point. My guess is that we will get this cat at gamescom/world's later in this month. Don't know what corocoro will give us though, but I hope it's the evil team reveal, which we oddly know nothing about leak wise.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Nope, the fake leak did mention an evil team. The more believable leaks haven't mentioned the evil team, so it's still a mystery, but we'll have to wait until August 12th to find out.

That's good. I really hope the new guy doesn't throw the idea of an evil team out. If not an evil team, he needs to make something new.

I still wonder what part the legends are meant to play in the games. We still have no idea of the story at all.

Years
  • I'm a little confused about the numbers.
    Didn't Gen 6 introduce 72 new Pokemon with Sylveon being the only new addition to an older line (Excluding Mega evolutions)? Are Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion not included?
    And if Mega evolutions are included in the numbers for cross-generational Pokemon then wouldn't the number be higher because of ORAS?

I meant at release. I should have clarified.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Instead of the normal villian team it would be cool if we had villian pokémon. That there is one pokémon who wants to get rid of the humans. It could be a totem pokémon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    That would suck, but I am fine with the amount of Sinnoh and Johto.

I would like to point out something that I stumbled upon.

It was said that Arcanine was supposed to be getting a Alolan form in these leaks, so I am going to guess these are from the same guy. However, I recall seeing a normal Arcanine in one of the trailers. So this could shoot down those leaks. Or both forms could be available. I say normal because it had its normal colors and art. Which we know change with the Alolan forms.

Edit: I was correct. The video shown at the Hong Kong Championships had a video of Rockruff fighting an Arcanine in Arcanine's normal form.

Well the leak did get the typing for the new Vulpix/Ninetales form wrong. So it's possible they're mixing in false information (or half truths) in with the legit information.

Didn't one of the more notable leaks during the lead up to X & Y have some lies in it?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Well the leak did get the typing for the new Vulpix/Ninetales form wrong. So it's possible they're mixing in false information (or half truths) in with the legit information.

Didn't one of the more notable leaks during the lead up to X & Y have some lies in it?

That is true. They mixed up things so they wouldn't get caught or be found out 100%. At least that is what they said.

Instead of the normal villian team it would be cool if we had villian pokémon. That there is one pokémon who wants to get rid of the humans. It could be a totem pokémon.

I don't know if it would be a Totem Pokemon. At least not 100%. But I did think of it being a pokemon. Something like the Evil Malamar from the Anime could feel this role. As for totem pokemon. I am doubting it is them. They seemed to be specially trained to be the last trial before the Kahuna. So it wouldn't make sense unless one of the Kahuna were behind it.

But if there is only 4 captains and 4 Kahunas, what is the island in the center? I am doubting it is the Battle Facility. They usually don't reveal them on the map in the first art. Plus I am still thinking that may be on the missing 8th Island.

Years
  • Well the leak did get the typing for the new Vulpix/Ninetales form wrong. So it's possible they're mixing in false information (or half truths) in with the legit information.

I remember there was that one big PokeBeach leak that got a lot of info correctly predicted but it had some others mentioned that were wrong.

Anyways, this Tumblr user has compiled a checklist of all the Sun & Moon leaks/rumors so far and he's checked off which ones are confirmed, which ones are unconfirmed and which ones are possible to happen: https://themodster.tumblr.com/post/148299161331/im-still-working-on-this-but-here-are-some

Interestingly, he checked the starter final evolution art as "confirmed" due to Mallow's appearance in the pic, despite the artwork not yet being confirmed by official sources. The "no Gyms" rumor was also written as confirmed but I think it's more partially confirmed since the trailer doesn't mention anything about building your own league. My likely guess is that Alola is very different from other regions in terms of its culture and traditions.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I remember there was that one big PokeBeach leak that got a lot of info correctly predicted but it had some others mentioned that were wrong.

Anyways, this Tumblr user has compiled a checklist of all the Sun & Moon leaks/rumors so far and he's checked off which ones are confirmed, which ones are unconfirmed and which ones are possible to happen: https://themodster.tumblr.com/post/148299161331/im-still-working-on-this-but-here-are-some

Interestingly, he checked the starter final evolution art as "confirmed" due to Mallow's appearance in the pic, despite the artwork not yet being confirmed by official sources. The "no Gyms" rumor was also written as confirmed but I think it's more partially confirmed since the trailer doesn't mention anything about building your own league. My likely guess is that Alola is very different from other regions in terms of its culture and traditions.

I wouldn't really call being able to ride the Pokemon seen in the trailer as being able to ride "almost any Pokemon" either. Even if we end up getting double that amount of Pokemon to ride...

Somehow that seems like an exaggeration or a half truth.

Years
  • I wouldn't really call being able to ride the Pokemon seen in the trailer as being able to ride "almost any Pokemon" either. Even if we end up getting double that amount of Pokemon to ride...

Somehow that seems like an exaggeration or a half truth.

I'll also write that as half-true, since I still think it will only be a select few Pokemon that will be able to be ridden.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Anyone remember when Fairy type was first leaked? They correctly stated all of type interactions with it, except that Psychic resisted it instead of Fire and (I think) they didn't mention its Bug resistance.

Years
  • Angie has a point. Remember we still have more news to come this month and it's likely September and October may be full of news as well so there's a good chance we may learn more about what Pokemon will be ridable even before the games are out.

However, I hope we don't have too much spoiled since some people like to play blind and discover as they play.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back