• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Leaks/Rumors Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The guy who made the image on twitter of the popplio evo, Ravi, was not trying to claim it was real. He has made tons of nice artwork including all of those alola form pokemon that keep circulating but has always been upfront that they are his creations, not official. On his twitter the video of his popplio middle stage is not even suggesting it is real.

https://twitter.com/rafibema

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    Yes, that's the guy who created some of the Alola Forms I posted sometime ago in the Alola Forms thread. I love its work, and his Popplio's middle evo actually looks cool!

Years
    Can I just say his Alolan Dodrio is really cool.

cleffable

Cleff
    Years
    according to a poster on forum 2ch, the september edition of corocoro will show Alolan Ekans and Alolan Arbok,
    and both of which will be type fighting
    their ability will be figther skin and shed skin, which increases your energy by 30%
    Alolan Arbok is light brown and and it is larger than his normal form.
    The CoroCoro will also reveal that Alolan Arbok is exclusive to Pokémon Sun and Alola Sandslash is exclusive to Pokémon Moon.
    Moreover, according to other information in the same forum, Alola Electabuzz and Alola Magmar will also be present at the games.
    Alolan Electabuzz will be similar to the Japanese god of fishermen and luck (Ebisu) and according the alleged description of it, Electabuzz brought electricity to the Alola region and is seen as a guardian.
    Alolan Electabuzz is Electric/Fairy and will have Friend Guard/Healer.
    And Alolan Magmar is quadruped and covered in vines. It is said that Magmar covered his body with vegetation as a way to protect yourself in Alola.
    The same will be Fire / Grass and his special ability reduces the effectiveness of their attack on opponents when changing Pokémon during battle.
    For now this information does not pass a RUMOR.
    (Pokéjungle.net)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    according to a poster on forum 2ch, the september edition of corocoro will show Alolan Ekans and Alolan Arbok,
    and both of which will be type fighting
    their ability will be figther skin and shed skin, which increases your energy by 30%
    Alolan Arbok is light brown and and it is larger than his normal form.
    The CoroCoro will also reveal that Alolan Arbok is exclusive to Pokémon Sun and Alola Sandslash is exclusive to Pokémon Moon.
    Moreover, according to other information in the same forum, Alola Electabuzz and Alola Magmar will also be present at the games.
    Alolan Electabuzz will be similar to the Japanese god of fishermen and luck (Ebisu) and according the alleged description of it, Electabuzz brought electricity to the Alola region and is seen as a guardian.
    Alolan Electabuzz is Electric/Fairy and will have Friend Guard/Healer.
    And Alolan Magmar is quadruped and covered in vines. It is said that Magmar covered his body with vegetation as a way to protect yourself in Alola.
    The same will be Fire / Grass and his special ability reduces the effectiveness of their attack on opponents when changing Pokémon during battle.
    For now this information does not pass a RUMOR.
    (Pokéjungle.net)

But wasn't it said in the last CoroCoro issue that we're gonna get some news regarding Rockruff this month?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Rumour regarding CoroCoro:

Spoiler:
    Also from that same page:

I think 7 PM JST is 6 AM EST but I might be wrong on that. I've tried to do my conversation the best I could but I suck at this. ;__;
    If you have time to make these posts, you'd have time to take pictures, fake. Also fighting ekans line makes absolutely no sense.

Also on twitter I saw some pictures supposedly showing video footage with Starters evo. Also Alolan Electrode.

Spoiler:
    As pointed out, poplio's is a fake from a while back. The electrode was one from last month's news time frame as well. It's a cool idea though.

You mean this one?

Spoiler:

ngl even this had me fooled LMAO
    I think they meant this:

Can I just say his Alolan Dodrio is really cool.

That's amazing! I want it so much!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    ok that's a really well-made fake. o.o;

So? It's quality enough that we can see the Dodrio more or less and how it would actually look which is fine enough, for me.
    It is! It had a lot of people convinced when it surfaced. I like the clock tower screenshot a lot as well. Definitely well made.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    ok that's a really well-made fake. o.o;

So? It's quality enough that we can see the Dodrio more or less and how it would actually look which is fine enough, for me.

It could definitely be real, but it could be hand-drawn by a leaker as well. Just speculating :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Also the Fighter Skin ability that act like other ate ability doesn't even follow their theme. It would need to end in ate to be legit but I guess the guy found no words linked to fighting that end in ate for the ability.

I hope the fire one is named Calcinate tho.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Also the Fighter Skin ability that act like other ate ability doesn't even follow their theme. It would need to end in ate to be legit but I guess the guy found no words linked to fighting that end in ate for the ability.

It's a Japanese leak. The Japanese names of the normal-conversion abilities are all named ___ Skin, so it does actually follow the naming convention.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'm beginning to feel suspicious on Alolan Ekans and Arbok being Fighting types, because I have never heard of a species of snake that goes into combat (they only bite when provoked).

blue

gucci
    Years
    It will sure make for an interesting concept if these rumours do turn out to be the real deal. I am in agreement with you guys though, I can't see how Ekans/Arbok would work as Fighting-type Pokemon.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
    Also the name of the Fighting Pixilate ability doesn't really fit with the theme of similar abilities.

Ice is Refrigerate
    Fairie is Pixilate
    Flying is Aerilate

They all end in ate.

It's from Coro Coro which means it'd be its Japanese name, not its English name, and the Japanese names all end in skin (freeze/fairy/sky skin) so yes, it does fit the theme.

That's precisely why it'd be ballsy. A bold move to claim a specific time to get people's hopes up when the leaker can just vanish at that particular time.

Of course, it's also a ballsy move moreso in the off-chance that it's true and the leaker does provide pictures, backing up their credibility.
    Still don't see how it's any different to someone claiming that their leaked news will be in a trailer revealed on a certain date.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back