• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about weather...

MKGirlism

3DS and Wii U Game Developer
    Years
    The weather is **** again, today.
    Let's talk about weather...

Years
    Winter is coming...

I love Autumn weather! RAINRAINRAINRAINRAINRAIN

I kinda like Winter, too. Snow is... Well, it's a double-edged sword. Wonderful to look at, fantastic to play in. But trudging through it is pretty rough, and shoveling it is always a blast.

Cold weather, I can deal with no problem. It's the hot stuff that I hate. It's (for me) infinitely easier heating up in cold weather, than cooling down in hot weather.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I cannot stand the heat. I don't necessarily love cold weather, but I'd prefer it to heat any day.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    The cold makes me feel more calm, which is why I appreciate cold weather...sadly, this is Australia. The country known for extremes. So..yeah. Sudden bursts of cold gusts and rain to be expected! ;;

S3venAces

Amateur Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Cold weather over hot weather any day. It's easy to warm yourself up when it's cold, but harder to cool down when you're hot.

Snow is also pretty rad.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Well, for me, cold weather is temperature ranging from anywhere between 40 - 60 degrees, so yeah. I love it and hate it. (I live in Florida; don't hate me. ;))

I love it if the temperature drops briefly for a few days, but I hate if it's a continuous dip in temperature. I love wearing winter clothes, but I just don't really like long-lasting cold weather where I have to keep wearing layers of clothing so I don't freeze over, haha. Luckily, living in Florida, we don't really get any continuous cold weather. Our weather is really bipolar; we'll be at 40 degrees in the morning and 70 by the afternoon. >.<

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm one of those people who wish it were Winter when its Summer and who wish it were Summer when its Winter. I think that says it all.

Years
    So back on Thanksgiving down here in central Florida it got down to the mid 30s (Farenheit), and that honestly felt good, especially considering that temps for a long while before were running above average, close to summer-like temperatures. I like it in the daytime when it's cold, but not windy at the same time, which is rare here. Usually when daytime highs in my area are in the 50s, it's also windy as **** and feeling a cold wind just stings.

Years
    I don't really like the cold, chilly days, because the high temperature for the day doesn't move much at all. At night, the low's dip into the 30's and 20's. In South Carolina, the snow is rare, but when it happens, it's cause for excitement (as long as there are no ice storms).

Overall though, I like summer more. Nice warm days (not too hot), but there can also be severe weather.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I really like spring weather. It's not too hot and not too cold. I think summer's good because my birthday is in June, but once August rolls around it's too hot. As for winter, I like it better when I'm at home, inside with the heat on.

Years
    This week it's been between 35 and 42 degrees Celsius. or roughly 95 - 110 Fahrenheit. STRAYA!
    You guys are adorable with your apparent "hot" weather.

On topic:
    So in the Southern hemisphere it's summer over Christmas. My brothers and I last year went to the beach and built a sand snowman. My German friend laughed at me and called me jealous.

Years
    So, yesterday was 82°f and today was about 80°f. And its almost Christmas. How is your weather?
    Judging by that you must live in Florida, because it was warm these past few days. Not to worry, it's going to cool down tomorrow though. Tomorrow night lows are going to be in the 40s and 30s.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    The weekend was over 80°F, guhh. It was so hot today when getting more Christmas present shopping. Right now at 1AM, it's only 59°F. I could still basically go outside in my shorts if I wanted to.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    As usual, the weather in my city is just as erratic as ever. It was in the high teens last week and on one day it snowed so hard visibility was 0. But for the past week it's been in the low 40's and most of the snow is melted. So it's looking like it's going to be a snowless Christmas :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Don't even get me started on the weather. The two days it decides to be really warm, I happen to set a date on the day where it's pouring as it God was doing a 5 hour Iron Gym work out. Ugh.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    You see, I live in Texas. Texas has no defined weather patterns. One day, it could be 70 degrees all day, or it could be 30 degrees. One day, the morning could be a bitter, hypothermic 20 degrees leading into an 80 degree afternoon. The next day, the morning could be a sweltering 80 degrees gradually declining into an icy 30 degree evening. There really is no predicting the weather; what you check on your iPhone in the morning is likely not to be the expected result. And you know what? That sucks. I'd really love to live somewhere that it's cold when it's supposed to be cold (IT'S WINTER, WHY DO I HAVE TO TAKE OFF MY SWEATER AT 3PM?) and warm when it's supposed to be cold (WHY DO I NEED A JACKET IN MARCH?) so yeah.

I think in general though I prefer cold weather because I can sit outside and freeze then go inside, pop all my clothes off, make some hot chocolate and cuddle with my significant other myself and watch movies and not even give a care. If your air conditioner breaks in the summer, you're screwed, and there's only so many clothes you can take off before it becomes socially frowned upon to be seen, for some odd reason. Also the sun sucks. I guess I went on a tangent but it's 4AM and I don't care.

Back