• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

logic didn't exist when I was a child

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What are some of the (weirdest) things you believed in growing up?

Not really weird, but I can't think of any other examples easter bunny, I thought people actually performed songs in music videos. I mean there were parts where they are shown not singing, how could that have flown over my head. I believe it was a Taylor Swift music video where I realized the video sounded exactly like the radio version, which is sad, because that couldn't have been more than 6 or 7 years ago.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I used to think cartoon characters were all just people in REALLY good costumes when I was like 3.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to believe that stuffed animal would come to life at night when everybody went to sleep. Due to that, whenever I found myself awoken at random times, I'd always check to see if they were at a different place from where I left them. XD" Other than this, I also used to think that all dogs were male and cats were female.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I used to believe that stuffed animal would come to life at night when everybody went to sleep. Due to that, whenever I found myself awoken at random times, I'd always check to see if they were at a different place from where I left them. XD" Other than this, I also used to think that all dogs were male and cats were female.

Toy Story made me believed this happened too. lol I always would cover my toys' eyes when changing in my room cause I thought they would see me naked and be scared for life by seeing my "private parts" (cause that's what most of us called them as a kid. ) XD

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • I used to believe that many of the cartoons you see on television are actually real. Am I even kidding? Is there really a boy named Timmy Turner with Fairly OddParents? Oh, and Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, heck, even SpongeBob I believed in. It's about time that I actually stepped outside and go face to face with reality. We've all been there, right?

Years
  • I used to believe that monsters lived in my laundry room at night because it was scary to be in the back of the house without lights on (and still is in a way). Other than that, I used to think that all television was live and whatever you saw was happening as you saw it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • The voice boxes at drive-through we used to call "the lady in the letterbox" and I legitimately thought it was a lady in a letterbox taking our order.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • Ever since I was a kid, I would always think that there was some kind of shadow following me around, and I don't mean my own shadow, like in my peripherals I would get a glimpse of some shadow thing and it quickly moves out of my line of sight again. I would constantly have night-terrors because I would wake up in my room, and it's pitch black, I leave the lights on, usually my lamp, then It's as if I could feel something else in my room with me.

Sometimes I still manage to see it outside my window.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • My brother told me that animals lived inside of us (he meant like bacteria) and I thought that little microscopic giraffes lived inside of me, and that you could take my spit and put it on a slide, and look at it under a microscope and see the little giraffes.

I used to think shadows in games were bad so I would always hop over them in games when I could, especially this random Barbie horse riding game. My sister and I would freak out if we stepped on a shadow.

Years
  • I always once believed the computerized voice speaking on stuff like phones or GPS systems was actually a person inside the object itself. Weird but yeah that was what my old younger self always thought.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    That babies were made from kissing. The kiss only worked if you were married, though. I believed this until I was like 14.

Was a bit of an idiot.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Belief? Meh. I never took the step of assuming things, and I don't know why anyone would.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used to think that if I sat close enough to the TV, I would be sucked into it and get to be on TV with Elmo and Barney and all those other little kid characters.

I was a strange little Shaymin.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Belief? Meh. I never took the step of assuming things, and I don't know why anyone would.
    logic didn't exist when I was a child

You don't have to assume these things (although many of the examples in this thread appear to be assumptions). Maybe someone told you something false and you believed them. And besides, a lot of children growing up are curious, it's only natural to make assumptions.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    You don't have to assume these things (although many of the examples in this thread appear to be assumptions). Maybe someone told you something false and you believed them. And besides, a lot of children growing up are curious, it's only natural to make assumptions.
    I'd like to know: why is it natural? It doesn't seem to be a good thing. As with lying, what goes around comes around often enough that I have to wonder why anyone bothers in the first instance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I remember thinking there were two moons. One crescent and one full moon and they changed randomly. Also idk why I always remember this, but when I was about 3/4 I thought that when the sun would set it was actually hiding under some unknown bridge. Now I know why I remember that, because it's extremely stupid.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Everything was alive and had feelings, especially objects. I couldn't throw away anything without feeling bad, because in my mind, being in the trash was literally the worst thing for anything other than me in the world. Nothing wanted to be in the trash, so I did my best to avoid it ending up there. Including hiding things so they didn't have to suffer that horrible fate.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I seriously thought that everyone who shared a last name was related. I thought that was so weird.

Another thing I thought was that mud tasted like chocolate. Boy was it awful when I tried to taste it.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • That if you swallow a seed, like apple or watermelon, the plant will grow inside you.

Once when I was really little my parents were having guests over and I marched right up in front of the group and announced that I now knew what sex was. Of course everyone laughed and asked what it was... I then began to proudly explain it was when two people get in bed and hug each other a lot.

There was this water tower in St. Paul that had a cone top. I thought it was a witch's hat, and I was mortified by it and would hide under the dash every time we drove by it so she like, wouldn't steal my soul or something. I still call it the witch's tower.

I caught my mom with the Santa thing when I started to question my mom as to why Santa used the same wrapping paper. I also thought that airplanes were Rudolph.

Back