• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest time it took to breed a shiny

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Been doing this as a late, so i figured i bring it up whats the longest it took you to hatch a egg? Mine was 234 eggs.

Years
    In Pokemon X using Masuda Method without Shiny Charm I hatched Shiny Eevee after around 40 boxes. That would be around 1200 eggs.

Years
    As much as I'd love to have myself a shiny Marill that I could evolve into an Azumarill, I just don't have the patience for trying to breed for a shiny Pokemon. Maybe one day I'll buckle down and give it a try, but I'm thinking that may still be a ways off.

And since this is about the games rather than Pokemon as a whole, I'm going to bump this over to Pokemon Gaming Central for you.

MOVED.

Years
    Well, the only shiny that I successfully bred, a Noibat, took me 174 eggs. I haven't really done any other attempts at shiny breeding, so there's just the one.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
    I've been able to breed 3 shinies so far (1 male Combee and 2 Panchams) and between the 3, the first Shiny Pancham took the longest which took me a total of about 273 or 298 eggs (I did a batch of 25 earlier and released them all before the official count and I can't remember if I added them to the count or not.)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    1,028 eggs for Shiny Vanillite (before Shiny Charm) in X. I actually hatched even more than that if you count the half a year I spent trying on Black Version to no avail.

Over 1,362 eggs and still didn't hatch a Shiny Tyrogue. Gave up and chained one in Platinum.

I hatched 3 Shiny females before it, but it took 1,125 eggs to get a Shiny male Burmy (after Shiny Charm, I think). Those females almost made me rage quit (since I was aiming for a Shiny Mothim).

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Call me impatient, and I'd agree..
    I tried to masuda method breed me a dream Onix who's shiny and adamant nature..and gave up around egg 150 something...

Omega Ruby doesn't like me when it comes to shiny hunting.. I got my first shiny (ever) very quickly in X (after I gave up the masuda method), but in Ruby, a fish chain of over 200 isn't worthy enough for a shiny Wailmer..

Back