• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lose you phone, lose your life

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    So there are some things we all have that are essentially necessities every day. Namely these would be our phones, our wallets, our keys to an extent. Probably others but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

That being said, it's safe to say losing something like our phone or wallet is usually a rather serious thing. Have you lost your phone/wallet/glasses/something else? If so, what exactly did you do about it?

Came up with this thread cause my friend just lost his phone, which reminded me about how I lost my wallet about two months ago. It really sucked too, because no only were there stuff like debit cards, cash, insurance cards and the like in there, but also really personal trinkets, like a letter from my girlfriend, and photos. Spent the whole day looking for it (my friends and I had gone to New Jersey to go go-karting), but I never found it. Fast forward about a month and I have mail in my mailbox that has literally just driver's license. Nothing else. =/

Edit: Can someone edit the thread title pls.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I lost my wallet on the bus once... It was the greatest panic attack I've ever had in my life. I barely slept that night because I was waiting to call the metro lost and found as soon as they opened. I can't even describe the relief I felt when they read my name off my ID that was in my wallet. Since then I always keep my wallet in my purse and never my pocket lol. I've only lost my phone once, on campus... Thankfully it quickly ended up in the lost and found. I'm very protective of my valuables now. My wallet never leaves my purse and my phone only leaves my person when I'm sleeping or showering.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    My girlfriend and I were sitting on a bench in a pretty safe, quaint town. It was on a Main Street. The kind of street where you'd see shops and apartments on top of the businesses. There were tons of people about since it was the summer time. We got up and walked about three blocks before I realized I didn't have my phone. Thankfully, she and I share our location with each other, so she could see where my phone was from hers. We traced our steps back to the bench and found it still there. I'm amazed nobody stole it.

I've lost my wallet a few times, though. That's by far much, much worse. My phone is only important to me because I feel secure in case something happens. I honestly don't live on my phone like a lot of other people.

Years
    I lost my passport when I was traveling. Luckily it was in Japan where people are generally more honest and I'm easy to spot in a crowd so some kind stranger returned it to me after she found it. I hadn't even known I'd lost it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I lost my passport when I was traveling. Luckily it was in Japan where people are generally more honest and I'm easy to spot in a crowd so some kind stranger returned it to me after she found it. I hadn't even known I'd lost it.

That reminds me. My girlfriend flew to South Carolina and she forgot her license at the airport she was flying from. Someone found it, turned it in, the airport contacted her mom, and her mom had it sent to the address she was going to. She knew she lost it, though, and had a panic attack on the plane.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    i've almost left my purse in many public places because i am very forgetful. i don't bring my phone with me anywhere though because i'm paranoid. however i'm sure if i did i'd probably end up forgetting it or almost forgetting it anyways

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've misplaced my phone recently; very stressful. Luckily, it only fell to the floor of my car.

Last edited:
    Years
    I've briefly misplaced my phone or keys or whatever, but not lost them. My wallet got stolen out of the car when I forgot to lock it once though. The one time I didn't lock it.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I am very careful with my things so I never drop or lose them. But there was this one time when I somehow lost my pencil case in school. I was very, very annoyed because I had never lost anything, not even a pencil. I managed to get it back though but more than half of my things were missing :(. Makes me angry to remember that day.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I lost my wallet in the bus...twice
    And I got it back. First time I waited for the bus to come back (I knew it would because of schedules and whatnot).
    Other time I had to the bus center where they keep all objects they find. Staff trolled me by saying it costed 20$ to get my stuff back and I was so relieved they actually had my wallet I was ready to pay. Luckily it was a joke :|
    Now I carry a purse.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I left my phone on the skytrain once and holy crap that was stressful! Luckily all the train stops have several security/officers patrolling, and I immediately found a group of them and asked for their help.

I was really impressed with how efficient they were, I did not have very high hopes that I would actually see my phone again because the trains are really busy and hectic at that time, but they were able to track it down for me by contacting the officers at the next few stations that particular train was heading towards and telling them to look out for my phone in the approximate area I told them I was seated at. I even had the ringer off so I did not make it easy for them lol, but they were able to find it within like 10 minutes and told me which station it would be held at.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I've never lost my current phone, but I once left my old non smartphone on the schoolbus once. Luckily it was right where I left it. Phew. :| But my smartphone? I've never lost it. When I'm done using it, it goes straight into my bag.

And I've lost a ton of wallets... but they were empty. I was a kid, then. (I still have kid wallets, fight me.) I haven't lost my current wallet, though. I like to have it in my bag at all times.

I've never lost my keys. Those are always in my bag. I've never lost or dropped my house keys, as I'm extra careful with them.

I'm very careful with all my things. Keeping them in my bag is the best way possible. (Except my phone, which I keep out when I'm home.)

Years
    I lost my wallet on the way back from a party the other week actually, fortunately somebody in my town managed to find it and posted about it on Facebook so I was able to get it back, was scary though. Could not cope with losing my phone though.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    lost my phone back in sixth grade. Was crying a lot. thankfully, an upperclassman brought it back.

never lost a phone ever again.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I'm very careful with my important stuff i.e. phones, wallet, ID and other important cards. One time I forgot my sports bra at my sports club, since then I am constantly paranoid about losing things. I didn't lose something very important since, though, so it was a good thing I guess. xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    thankfully i haven't lost anything important like that

but i am really good at locking my keys in my car

Years
    I've lost old phones a few times, once on the school bus, once in school itself. Wallets, on the other hand, I'd lose like clockwork. I had three separate wallets I've lost in the course of middle school, but being middle school, I didn't have anything to suffer from other than >10$ and a library card.

Years
    I've never lost a wallet or keys or any of that, but at least I'm not as dumb as my brother who actually did lose his keys once a few months ago.

Back