• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lunatone & Solrock

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Due to the name of the games, there's a lot of speculation out there that revolves around Lunatone & Solrock (e.g. them getting Mega Evolutions, and even them being the boxart mascots). But what roll do you think Lunatone & Solrock will play in this game?

Years
  • Probably not very big roles. Maybe they'll be necessary to catch at certain points (kind of like when you get the choice of a fossil) or they'll be given to you. Maybe they'll help you unlock some legendary event Pokemon (like where you have to have them both in your party). I can't see them having much more to do with the game even though they're sun and moon Pokemon. Until these games most people just didn't care about them that much.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd be very surprised if they didn't even touch on Lunatone and Solrock, these games couldn't be more suited to those two. It's kinda hard to figure out what role they will play (if any) being Hoenn Pokemon and what not, but perhaps they will receive some sort of mega evolution or even a new pre/evolution each.

Sirfetch’d

I'm expecting them to be version exclusives at the very least, probably with a mega evolution as well. When you think of sun and moon Pokemon they definitely come to mind first but don't rule out the possibility of Espeon and Umbreon playing a role either. Both are certainly more appealing overall and could help tie in this region with Johto, as some people have speculated.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    they might get a reference, or even be major plot devices, but i don't think they'll be box art. there are way too many cool sun and moon legendary pokemon to be made. :P given the previous games released were ORAS, it wouldn't be a surprise if solrock/lunatone were big part of the new games.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    I hope that they'll be at least catchable, as not having moon and sun Pokémon in the games would probably lead to some jokes and disappointment.

Years
  • I probably won't see them playing a major role, but being version exclusives would make sense considering they tend to be that way, as shown with the Hoenn games so you know, Solrock being in the "red" game and Lunatone being in the "blue" game.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I probably won't see them playing a major role, but being version exclusives would make sense considering they tend to be that way, as shown with the Hoenn games so you know, Solrock being in the "red" game and Lunatone being in the "blue" game.
    Or maybe they'll be flipped like the silver crystal in Sun and the golden crystal in Moon.

Years
  • I can't say that they will have anything relevant to the story. But if they don't at least get mega evolution, I will have to fly over to Japan and slap them for being stupid.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm sure they'll be version-exclusives, at the very least.

Probably not very big roles. Maybe they'll be necessary to catch at certain points (kind of like when you get the choice of a fossil) or they'll be given to you. Maybe they'll help you unlock some legendary event Pokemon (like where you have to have them both in your party). I can't see them having much more to do with the game even though they're sun and moon Pokemon. Until these games most people just didn't care about them that much.

That's actually what I was thinking! I doubt they'll play a significant enough role to be the game's mascots, but maybe in these games they'll have some sort of hidden power that's necessary to unlock at some point in the game. Or maybe they'll even have some relationship to the mascot legendaries, like perhaps they're the key to unlocking the legendaries' power, or something like that? Solrock and Lunatone's Dex entries say they're from space, so that leaves the door wide open for new possibilities with these Pokémon!

I can't say that they will have anything relevant to the story. But if they don't at least get mega evolution, I will have to fly over to Japan and slap them for being stupid.

If they're going to do anything with Solrock & Lunatone, I'd rather see them have something brand-new instead of simpe mega evolution. Some alternate form of transformation akin to Primal Reversion, maybe? :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I'd like to at least see these Pokémon get Megas or anything else special to go with the Sun/Moon theme. I'd also like to see something special done with Espeon/Umbreon and even Vileplume/Bellossom, as they are both supposed to be sun/moon, day/night duos.

In fact, in general, it would be pretty neat for SM to introduce Megas for all evolutions that are obtained with either the Sun or Moon Stones:

Sun Stone: Bellossom, Sunflora, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Heliolisk

Moon Stone: Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Delcatty, Musharna

The Sun Stone Megas could be exclusive to Sun, while the Moon Stone Megas could be exclusive to Moon. ^^

Sirfetch’d

In fact, in general, it would be pretty neat for SM to introduce Megas for all evolutions that are obtained with either the Sun or Moon Stones:

Sun Stone: Bellossom, Sunflora, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Heliolisk

Moon Stone: Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Delcatty, Musharna

The Sun Stone Megas could be exclusive to Sun, while the Moon Stone Megas could be exclusive to Moon. ^^

Very interesting theory and something I think could be quite plausible. While I don't expect all of those to get megas, I can see them at the very least being version exclusives along with Lunatone and Solrock.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    No, nothing about Solrock and Lunatone. But Volcarona will be getting a "Moon Pokémon" counterpart.

electicario

Random Aura Sphere and Thunderpunch user
    Years
  • I can see Solrock and Lunatone receiving some sort of Tyrogue-like pre-evolution (based on Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan being counterparts on Gen 1), and this new pokemon will be given to the player at some point. But other than that, maybe the evil teams use them along with those day/night pokemon mentioned above. No bigger role in mind basically.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Probably none that's actually important.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Watch as the villain teams of the respective versions own Solrock/Lunatone.

Could be fun to watch.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I doubt theyre really important tbh theres never been much news centered around them nor any hype or anything theyre just there like in the corner with nothing to do. And if hey are well I cant say ill like the games any less but it wont certainly be more

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I think they'll be version exclusives at most. If the villain team doesn't use them, it'll be a major waste.

Back