• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia In The Middle of Nowhere - Game Over!

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    This was certainly an odd reasoning for voting someone, as alignments aren't permanent. It'd make sense for mafia to keep jdthebud alive because of that. Another explanation would be that malanaphii killed jdthebud for voting her, but that seems unlikely considering the reasoning of the vote.

i mean, jd was maf too last game so presumably was joking - especially since there's not much actual reasoning you can do day one, lol. i'm finding you questioning this kinda weird considering i felt like it was obviously a joke though tbh (could just be me though, idk)

Anyway, we can possibly glean something from jd dying here. He's a higher profile player with a good track record, but he's not quite as noticeable as some of us. Could be that the mafia decided that he was a threat but as one of the slightly quieter veterans was less likely to be targeted by a potential protective role. That could imply that there's some more experienced/regular players in the mafia.

could be a valid point, although considering he's on the leaderboard which is the first thing you see when you go onto this forum, it could easily be someone newer recognising the name and killing him instead

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    This game seems to be getting off track...
    I see the hit on jd as more of an attempt to snuff out pro-town behavior, rather than just a namekill. Compared to everyone else, he stuck out like a sore thumb

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Conspiracy: Gimmepie killed JD in order to use his death to make an insightful post about how the death of an experienced player could lead us to the mafia.

Years
  • could be a valid point, although considering he's on the leaderboard which is the first thing you see when you go onto this forum, it could easily be someone newer recognising the name and killing him instead
    Ugh that reminds me i need to fix that leaderboard

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • welcome L'Belle, could you read through and tell me what you think about the game so far?

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Well uh after reading i'm a bit confused???? Day 1 seemed to me like a fantastic waste of time and I don't see anything noteworthy happening there. I personally think that JD was killed because he is quite a good player and quite threathening as a townie. I also think anyone could have thought about that here.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Travelling for the weekend so please excuse the short mobile post

Agreed at the points raised by a few people that any player could have chosen to kill jd,don't think you can really read mafia experience into it. Chances are the mafia consists of a blend of new and old players anyway so I don't see why people think they can determine that the mafia is new / experienced just from their first night kill.

Agreed @ malanaphii's point against Aldo, that Aldo's questioning is strange considering it's quite obvious jd's post was joking.

Looks like all the set ups with weapon inspector have a vig. Good to see the vig was conservative and didn't kill on N1 since it would've been a stab in the dark really. Thoughts on us coming up with our top two suspects, lynching the #1 and having vig kill the #2? Would take some of the guesswork out of the vig role imo which i reckon could be useful?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Is there really much of anything to go off of for two possible suspects at this time? First day yielded absolutely nothing but creating a character named Maria and second day all we're getting is wondering whether or not jd was killed because of how he is as a player or just a random kill. At least we have narrowed down what kind of set up and that we have a vig, but if we're still mostly just shooting in the dark i don't want the vig to go killing anyone yet unless someone here in sure they have an idea of who would be suss.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • That's also true, my preference is also for no vig kill (and with the vig abstaining last night, it does seem they're more conservative which is different to most PC vigs haha), but yeah if they do kill I'd prefer they only do so if we discuss a suspect for them to kill.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    i mean, jd was maf too last game so presumably was joking - especially since there's not much actual reasoning you can do day one, lol. i'm finding you questioning this kinda weird considering i felt like it was obviously a joke though tbh (could just be me though, idk)

Agreed @ malanaphii's point against Aldo, that Aldo's questioning is strange considering it's quite obvious jd's post was joking.

I don't think so, since he did vote mala.

That's also true, my preference is also for no vig kill (and with the vig abstaining last night, it does seem they're more conservative which is different to most PC vigs haha), but yeah if they do kill I'd prefer they only do so if we discuss a suspect for them to kill.

As a vigilante, I would kill every night I could. There's no telling when I might die, and this ability allows me to kill any scumreads I have. Passing up the chance to do so would be a waste. I think gimmepie would agree with me on this.

I'll give more thoughts later, but for now I have to vote to avoid being replaced.

[Vote] malanaphii

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    I don't think so, since he did vote mala.

yes, just like everyone else on day one voted with no evidence. it was very obviously a joke, and i'm not sure why you're pushing so much on this, especially when he's dead lol - or, actually, why you're pushing on me

i'd kinda appreciate it if you could claim a role, please.

Years
  • I just want to be clear here, I'm not saying that there's anything totally concrete in my ramblings at the beginning of the day. I was just putting something out there to promote some actual discussion since day 1 was a waste because of the day start. I'd say that I achieved that.

Also

[vote] Aldo cause that vote is sketchy as fuck.

I don't know why you're singling me out there but I don't agree with a vig killing indiscriminately every night at all. At that point you might as well just give the mafia a second night kill because it is far, far more likely that the vig is going to hit townies than mafia playing like that. A vig should only kill if they are extremely confident that they are going to hit mafia or 3p.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I just want to be clear here, I'm not saying that there's anything totally concrete in my ramblings at the beginning of the day. I was just putting something out there to promote some actual discussion since day 1 was a waste because of the day start. I'd say that I achieved that.

Also

[vote] Aldo cause that vote is sketchy as ****.

I don't know why you're singling me out there but I don't agree with a vig killing indiscriminately every night at all. At that point you might as well just give the mafia a second night kill because it is far, far more likely that the vig is going to hit townies than mafia playing like that. A vig should only kill if they are extremely confident that they are going to hit mafia or 3p.

Literally what I did in Naku's game and it worked.

Also yes joking about GP killing JD is a running gag I'm actually doing because, with no evidence whatsoever, I insta voted him (sober I might add) in Basic Mastermind and he ended up being mafia.

Now with that said, I do not like Mala asking Aldo for a role claim. There's really no reason at the moment too and I don't think having our PRs claim is a good idea.

EDIT: Forgot to ask, why is Aldo's vote to not be replaced sketch?

Last edited:
    Years
  • EDIT: Forgot to ask, why is Aldo's vote to not be replaced sketch?

It's an excuse for making a throwaway vote/OMGUS without actually looking for viable lynch targets. Feels to me like the idea is to poke a stick at Mala, see if people jump on it and just let is fester. All the while encouraging our vig to go on a killing spree, making the mafia's job either and trying to drag me into it as extra clout. The whole thing just feels off to me.

I don't like Mala asking for a claim either but it feels more like an inexperienced player trying to defend themselves than a mafia trying to open up PR targets.

Back