• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia In The Middle of Nowhere - Game Over!

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    yes, just like everyone else on day one voted with no evidence. it was very obviously a joke, and i'm not sure why you're pushing so much on this, especially when he's dead lol - or, actually, why you're pushing on me
    Voting without evidence does not equal to a joke.
    Pushing or not, I'm voting because I'll get replaced if I don't do so, and you are the only one I was concentrated on. I suggest you do the same ~ seeing as you're in the same situation.

I just want to be clear here, I'm not saying that there's anything totally concrete in my ramblings at the beginning of the day. I was just putting something out there to promote some actual discussion since day 1 was a waste because of the day start. I'd say that I achieved that.

Also

[vote] Aldo cause that vote is sketchy as psyduck.

I don't know why you're singling me out there but I don't agree with a vig killing indiscriminately every night at all. At that point you might as well just give the mafia a second night kill because it is far, far more likely that the vig is going to hit townies than mafia playing like that. A vig should only kill if they are extremely confident that they are going to hit mafia or 3p.

I don't know. The way you worded that post about jdthebud appeared to be genuine, as if you had put actual thoughts in it, so it doesn't feel like it was just to promote discussion.

What exactly is sketchy about the [Lynch] malanaphii? I said clearly it was a vote to avoid being replaced. If anything, the reason for your vote is sketchy.

That is assuming the vigilante doesn't shoot correctly. Plus, I've said the vigilante has the ability to shoot their scumreads, so if they shoot townies only, that's the player's fault. What makes you think vigilante wouldn't shoot correctly not even once?

It's an excuse for making a throwaway vote/OMGUS without actually looking for viable lynch targets. Feels to me like the idea is to poke a stick at Mala, see if people jump on it and just let is fester. All the while encouraging our vig to go on a killing spree, making the mafia's job either and trying to drag me into it as extra clout. The whole thing just feels off to me.

I don't like Mala asking for a claim either but it feels more like an inexperienced player trying to defend themselves than a mafia trying to open up PR targets.

Ash, malanaphii, Aldo and Neon Sword must vote today!

You're putting more words in what I said than I have. I said it was a survival vote, not an attempt at convincing people to vote alongside me, which is clear because I didn't try to give the vote a solid base. It seems like you're fabricating my reasoning.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Halfway Through the Day Votals

malanaphii (1) - Aldo
    Aldo (1) - gimmepie

Not Voting: Kitty, Ash, Pecilia, Mars, Charlie Brown, malanaphii, Nakuzami, L'Belle, Bidoof FTW

36 hours left in the day!

Last edited:
    Years
  • It was thought out, but why should that mean I didn't put the thought in for the sake of getting discussion going?

It's sketchy because you could be hunting for actual scum reads and voting them instead of copping out on Mala.

We're a lot more likely to lose townies than mafia members if the vig kills every night which will let the mafia quickly reach the majority they need to win. The possibility of maybe hitting maf isn't worth the risk. Maf benefits more from an overactive vig than town ever will.

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Honestly. I'm not really feeling a scum vibe from Aldo. I want to hear more from other people as well, hard to get reads when everyone else is silent.

Years
  • Personally if they (vig) have a strong gut feeling they should go for it since there's also going to be the chance for mafia to risk influencing suspect kills during discussion.
    That said, I posted something here that isn't about fixing the leaderboard but apparently mobile didn't post it so lemme do something else

Okay rereading the thing I'm torn on Aldo being town or not because it is kinda sketchy-- leaning on town though, as he voted for someone he was focusing on.
    I'm not fond of Mala's asking of claiming a role immediately though. Could have asked for a reason instead of a role, but going straight to the point and going for a role in hopes of landing the next kill? Hmm. (maybe I'm reaching)

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2023
    eh, i thought it'd probably be too early to ask for a role but i wanted to see how they'd respond. either way, i'm still sus of them, so i'm gonna [vote] Aldo

Last edited:

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    I'm leaning towards scum!aldo. His case against Mala makes even less sense with every post, and I don't see why anyone would choose to stand by it. Seems likely that he was too eager to throw shade on someone, it ended up backfiring, and he's sticking to his guns to look inno.

[Vote] Aldo

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    Personally if they (vig) have a strong gut feeling they should go for it since there's also going to be the chance for mafia to risk influencing suspect kills during discussion.
    I agree with this. If the vig's confident enough in a read, then they should take the shot. Laying out targets for them isn't a bad idea, though. As long as they know to trust their own judgement and not blindly sheep it, we should be fine.

Superjolt

Years
  • 24 Hours Left Votals

malanaphii (1) - Aldo
    Aldo (4) - gimmepie, L'Belle, malanaphii, Mars

Not Voting: Kitty, Ash, Pecilia, Charlie Brown, Nakuzami, Bidoof FTW

24 hours left in the day!

Spoiler:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Hullo sorry still travelling interstate for another 48hr. Visiting The Pinnacles today (google image search it and you'll understand why i'm prioritising it over this day phase!) and will try and read up when i'm back late tonight

But in case I'm not back in time, gonna [vote] abstain for now with the intention of voting for someone tonight hopefully

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ughhhh honestly I'm not confident in the whole Aldo deal either, but I don't think I can abstain because I failed to vote last time (big things were going on at my work). What he's saying doesn't quite make sense, but idk part of me doesn't feel like it's scummy the way he's faltering?

But at the same time he doesn't quite make sense either so urg. If anything I don't really like his stance on how to use the vig but that's kinda the only reason I got for voting him right now. :/

[vote] Aldo

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I thought of the possibility that jdthebud was killed for voting malanaphii, and thus far only talked about the possibility, without pushing it. I said before the malanaphii vote wasn't because of jdthebud's vote, it was to survive Superjolt removing me from the game manually. You would understand if you paid attention to what I said.
    Plus, I'm forced to vote today.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I don't like the aldo or abstain wagons

I agree that the vote from Aldo came off badly (as did mala asking for a claim this early (especially in a setup with a hundred and one vanilla townies)), but . . . I also don't feel like it's an action Aldo would have taken as scum

admittedly i skimmed some of the recent posts, so i'm going to wait to vote until i go back over it, but i don't think i'll be voting for either aldo or to abstain

Superjolt

Years
  • Final Day 2 Votals

malanaphii (1) - Aldo
    Aldo (5) - gimmepie, L'Belle, malanaphii, Mars, Ash

No Lynch (3) - Kitty, Pecilia, Charlie Brown

Not Voting: Nakuzami, Bidoof FTW

Time's up!

Superjolt

Years

• Night 2

Most people were quiet at first, but it wasn't long before they turned their sights on Aldo. Deciding that a normal hanging was too boring, everyone took out swords and drove them cleanly through his body.

It turned out he really had been working with Maria. And to think, some people wanted to lynch no one instead!

————————————

Aldo was lynched! He was a Mafia Goon!

It is now Night 2, you have 24 hours to get Night actions in!

Superjolt as the GM

Sawsbuck - Town Weapon Inspector
    jdthebud - Vanilla Townie
    Aldo - Mafia Goon

gimmepie
    Kitty
    Ash
    Pecilia
    Mars
    Charlie Brown
    malanaphii
    Nakuzami
    L'Belle (replaced Neon Sword)
    Bidoof FTW

Spoiler:

Superjolt

Years

• Day 3

L'Belle was found early in the morning in the middle of the street. Interestingly, he had been stabbed, shot in the chest, run over by a motorcycle AND choked on a peanut. No one knew which of these things actually caused his death though.

Meanwhile across town, Kitty was found strangled and pushed through a window.

————————————

L'Belle is dead! He was a Vanilla Townie!

Kitty is dead! He was a Vanilla Townie!

Superjolt as the GM

Sawsbuck - Town Weapon Inspector
    jdthebud - Vanilla Townie
    Aldo - Mafia Goon
    L'Belle (replaced Neon Sword) - Vanilla Townie
    Kitty - Vanilla Townie

gimmepie
    Ash
    Pecilia
    Mars
    Charlie Brown