• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia Madness: Sight [Game Over]

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I reckon its too early. Once we have two seer sights and three deaths some of us might be able to assess what type of seer we are.

Alternatively, we could force information and pick someone to investigate and lynch tomorrow. It would sacrifice a probable innocent but it would be one confirmed reading for everyone.

Which means we'll be able to sort ourselves into True/Innocent/Confused and Insane/Paranoid/Confused groups, at least. :c

I actually was thinking about this before the game started and we can do even better than just these 2 groupings. (apologies for the crudeness of the table)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx|Revealed Inno.......................|Revealed Maf
    ---------------------|---------------------------------------|-----------------------------------
    Reported Inno|Sane, Naïve, Confused.........|Naïve, Insane, Confused
    Reported Maf |Paranoid, Insane, Confused|Sane, Paranoid, Confused

So once we start getting more death reveals to compare to what our night reports are, we might find ourselves falling into 2 of these brackets. at that point we will be able to determine what type of seer we are.

Another thing to accelerate our discovery of our true seer-ness, would it be practical to have everyone target the same person at night then lynch them the following day? that would give us the fastest way to analyze and determine our own sanity. As pointed out before, it would probably be best to keep our results a secret to ourselves to keep the Sane and Insane safe from mafia targeting. (this would however result in some not so exciting discussion...)

Just an idea.

Edit: Also, is Ulli's reveal a confirmed Seer, or will we not know the sanity of the killed people? Because that could throw my plan out the window...

Years
  • Nope, I didn't check Superjolt.
    I did check Klippy, because I never trust Klippy, and got that he's mafia. Of course right now I don't trust myself either lol

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Jade you make a good point about the role reveals. Ullion is probably a true Seer because you only appear as a Seer to yourself, but your actual role might be something else.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Right.

Everyone investigate JD tonight.
    We could get some information this way.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    So it's agreed, we'll all look at jd's soul. Discussion over time for phase change :p

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Does everyone agree with the plan to check jd then? Most people haven't said anything about it yet. And there's a bunch of people who haven't posted yet, even though we're more than 24 hours into the day... *sigh*

I feel like there's more pros than cons for revealing results now, btw (I can explain more if needed). So with that said, I checked Gunner and got inno.

Anyway, discussion has been pretty meh so far, but I have a couple of weak town reads already so I guess that's ok

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • If everyone checks jd, we need to keep our results private and compare. Someone who hasn't revealed today should inspect someone else tomorrow besides jdthebud and compare their results with another person's.

FOR EXAMPLE: jdthebud got Superjolt as mafia, at least three-four of us should inspect Superjolt tomorrow instead and then compare our results to what jdthebud had. Given a bunch of us have not revealed our results from today, this would ideally be a task for non-revealers. They can then compare their results from today (+ any revealed info from today; there was a ton) and their results from inspecting Superjolt, and it should help them line their true role up.

Back