• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Magma vs Aqua: The Debate Rages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
Years
  • For me, I prefer Team Aqua, because water is important for survival, whatever your favorite elemental type is. And they have nice uniforms which are pleasing to the eyes. If Kyogre activates Drizzle, then anyone who has stressed eyes can't be hurt a little longer. (Drought may cause blindness)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Maxie IS more sophisticated than Archie (Much more so). BUT Archie has some sense. If Maxie were to blow up that volcano it would have made five other cities around it go boom. O.o Archie just looked for the giant blue whale thingy.
    Maxie wanted to use Groudon to create more land around the world, while Archie wanted to increase the sea levels around the world. They were both destroying people and places in a sense.

Kyogre is more commonly used than Groudon in the ubers environment. Not many people expect Groudon coming. Kyogre would have the advantage though. Most of Groudon's supereffective hits on Kyogre lie in his special movepool, while Kyogre has a high special defense. Groudon's main stat lies in Attack, but most of his moves are Special Attacks. Kyogre has it perfect though, because it can score hits harder with Groudon's lower Special Defense, STAB, and Kyogre's high special attack. In my opinion, Archie looks more badass than Maxie does. XD

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • I have a Team Aqua preference myself, I like their Pocket Monsters, leader, and overall theme of water.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Team Aqua-They intend to raise the level of the oceans by using the power of
    Magma vs Aqua: The Debate Rages
    . The uniform is a gray and white shirt, blue jeans with white circles, black gloves and a blue scarf with the Team Aqua's symbol on it, the grunts in the manga also wear a jacket.

Team Magma- Team Magma's goal is to raise and expand the landmasses of the world with the power of
    . Their uniforms are a black shirt, black short pants for the men and black skirt for the women, with a short red jacket.

From what I think of the two, I prefer both. They are equally villainous and have the same evil intention. I wouldn't compare them by a trivial thing such as their costumes.

WaterSplash

Common
    Years
  • Team Aqua. I played Ruby, so Archie was on my side, plus I prefer water type Pokemon to fire types. But then again, my favorite water type (Feraligatr) could easily live on land unlike the "fish" type Pokemon who can't do anything there (Goldeen, Magikarp, Carvanha).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'd much prefer team magma.
    there costumes are awesome, they are trying to help people, and they can actually use pokemon other than water. What kind of person in team aqua had a non- water or ice type?

Rii

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    Typically I'd say I prefer Team Rocket to anyone, but seeing as this is a Team Magma vs Team Aqua thing I'd have to say I prefer Team Magma.

The outfits are cooler looking and their leader is a total badass. I'd rather he be in chare of me then Archie. Plus fire types totally rock, next to my first fav electric types.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
    Years
  • Aqua, myself liking all water-type starters the most, and because Kyogre is epic. Plus, Water-type moves are super-effective against Ground, Rock and Fire-types. And Archie looks like some sort of epic gangster. XD

Kyogre > Groudon

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I always like Team Aqua more, I've always liked Ice & Water types more

Years
  • What's the matter with you people? How can you think that a pathetic hoodie looks cooler than a damn fine bandana? That thing is so badass, I was almost tempted to step down and let Kyrogre flood the place.

Another reason: Kyrogre's flooding looked cooler than Groudon's sun intensification (it that's even a word).
    When I saw that thunderstorm, I was thinking, Crap, alright Sky, it's just a little water, but deep down I knew this was part of a deep and mysterious plot. I would have known before if I'd bothered reading the games dialogue, but dialogue reading is for the weak. I mean, all anyone says is "Blah blah blah, love and respect your pokemon, blah blah blah, you're such a powerful trainer etc"
    Well you see, I'm powerful because mah pokes know of something called tough love. If they mess up in a battle with the slightest and most innocent mistake, I will make them pay. Keep missing with Sheer Cold? Protect failing after five straight turns of continous use? Fire Blast running out of PP? Not getting a critical with every single hit?
    BAM! I let 'em have it.

Wait, what was the topic again?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    Aqua is my favorite.

But Magma is the better villian.

I mean "Oh no, they're going to turn a volcano into a lake!" I was like, "Why are we stopping them again? By leaving it as-is, it could erupt and kill people."

SickSilver

Kaba Modern
    Years
    • Age 31
    • L.A.
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    I got to go with Team Magma as well. Even though i had the Sapphire Version i did perfer Team Magma when i plzyed Emerald. But i think Aqua has better pkmn.

PocketmonMaster

»We c wat u did thar«
    Years
  • I prefer Aqua over Magma.

Magma just doesn't seem as evil as Aqua to me. Maybe its the fact that the majority of Magma Grunts look like cave-people and Aqua = Full-blown Pirate.

Their plans aren't that different; they acheive the same result. ie, raising a beast which controls an aspect of nature, help pokemon of a particular type, all whilst basically killing off humanity and 80% of Poke-kind.

Still, Aqua is better...

Years
  • I prefer Aqua to be honest. I don't know if it's because I played Sapphire and got used to them as the bad guys but when I played a little of my cousin's Ruby having an evil Team Magma was weird.
    Also Team Aqua look like pirates... PIRATES!

Cid

Years
  • I like Team Magma's outfits, but due to the fact that I like Water Pokémon, I'd choose Team Aqua.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back