• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Majora's Mask 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've been waiting to see this finally become a thing, and am glad that it's happening. Definitely buying! I've gone through N64 version couple of times, which was ages ago, and have enjoyed playing equally during both of my play-through. Sadly, though, I haven't gotten any other chance to touch the game afterward. Did have GameCube, but haven't gotten around to purchasing the game for it due to personal reasons.

Also, I likely wouldn't be purchasing collectors edition if it were in US (right now, I'm attempting to save all my spare cash for a set of New 3DS), but it does look wonderful! Europeans are very lucky to be getting it!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I'm still debating whether or not I should take the courage to finally play this game after chickening out because of the 3-day time limit (I complete dungeons at a slow pace during my first playthroughs). I also don't get why everyone's psyched about the Majora's Mask remake considering that it failed to dethrone OoT as the pinaccle of the series.
    You can play the Reverse Song of Time to slow down time to about half speed (I think half?). What you do is, you reset to Day 1 when you're ready to do the dungeon, you play the RSoT, and then you do it. That three days is actually a fair amount of time if you played the RSoT; just make sure not to mess around.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2021
    I have to say; This completely caught me off guard. I wonder if they'll add any extra stuff to do in the game. Since Ocarina of Time 3D kind of piggybacked off of Master Quest.

Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap are pretty near perfect too

I'm indifferent towards Minish Cap, but I agree that Link's Awakening is pretty much near perfect.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I loved me some MM as a kid. Still gotta be one of my favorite Zelda games of all time. It was just fun to explore the world wearing all kinds of masks and see what I could do. I never even got into the story because I was so lost, but now I'll get to finally play through it to completion. :)

Years
  • As ashamed as I am, I have yet to play Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks.

So, I will DEFINITELY pick this game up, on my quest to beating all of the zelda games.

From what I hear, this game might rival OoT, which is considered one of, if not, the best videogame of all time.

Sir Codin

Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess are better than Ocarina of Time.

Link's Awakening and The Minish Cap are pretty near perfect too
    Twilight Princess was nowhere near as memorable or as replayable as Ocarina of Time.

I've played OoT countless times and it's story still stands strong. I played Twilight Princess only a couple of times and some stuff happens that I can't even remember off the top of my head right now.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Would have preferred an HD remake/reimagining, but I'll take what I can get. Woo!

Majora's Mask and LTTP are my top two favorite Zelda games, ever, so I was also on the line of "I just want a working copy again." I have the GC Collector's Edition, but MM crashes all the damn time. :(

But, more to the point, that was what Boyfriend said about it, too. "Why are they releasing it on the handheld? Wouldn't it look nicer on a console? Wouldn't it, maybe, boost Wii U sales?"

Meanwhile I was just upset it's coming out this spring and they waited THIS LONG to tell me us. D:

pkmin3033

Yay, I guess? I've always preferred handheld 2D Zelda games to console ones, but maybe Majora's Mask on 3DS will enamour me a little more towards it...I wasn't overly keen on it when I played it on the Gamecube; I don't think I even finished it actually.

OoT 3D was more enjoyable to me by virtue of it being on a handheld though - and I really don't agree with the idea that OoT is the "best game ever"; I appreciate what it did for the series, but it has long since been surpassed by other 3D Zelda games in my opinion, and it doesn't even come close to measuring up to the handheld ones - so I'd expect MM3D to be the same kind of deal. I'll get it, probably.

Still, give me an updated Link's Awakening any day of the week over this. xD

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    As ashamed as I am, I have yet to play Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks.

So, I will DEFINITELY pick this game up, on my quest to beating all of the zelda games.

From what I hear, this game might rival OoT, which is considered one of, if not, the best videogame of all time.
    If you like the much darker theme of the game compared to OoT and you like challenge and exploration more, MM IS better. To me personally, Majora's Mask is waaayyyy more fun than OoT.

It's just great. Seriously, they did it excellently. I'm not sure why the people who said "OoT is the best game ever" and that Majora's Mask isn't did say it; maybe those people were noobs so they couldn't even get past the first dungeon and therefore OoT is better to them xD. (I like both games, I'm not trying to call OoT nooby I'm saying that MM is actually more difficult)

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yes, yes, all my yeeeees. MM is the only one I haven't beaten, or at least gotten a significant way through. Never had a real chance to ever own the game let alone play it. Being an EU resident is wonderful, gonna own that LE so hard.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • To be honest, OoT probably wouldn't even rank in my top 5 Zelda games.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, especially for the first 3D Zelda, but overall there isn't enough to it for me to find it better than things like Windwaker, Majora's Mask, or even Link Between Worlds. Besides, I think a lot of the reason MM is liked less than OoT is due to the reused assets.

Or the infamous Zelda cycle, which has greatly affected the quality of all post-OoT Zelda titles, which I'm sure will happen with the upcoming Wii U title, beginning with its art style when it was first unveiled.

You can play the Reverse Song of Time to slow down time to about half speed (I think half?). What you do is, you reset to Day 1 when you're ready to do the dungeon, you play the RSoT, and then you do it. That three days is actually a fair amount of time if you played the RSoT; just make sure not to mess around.

Don't you need to unlock that song first during halfway through the game, or is that song unlocked from the start?

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Don't you need to unlock that song first during halfway through the game, or is that song unlocked from the start?

You get it just by getting your ocarina back and remembering the Song of Time at the beginning.

Then you can just use it Inverted without "formally learning" it and looking at your ocarina like a doofus. c:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm gonna say something super controversial:
    I hate 3D Zelda games. Seriously, I have tried so many times to like them, I really have, but they are just not for me. Instead I seem to do better in the top down 2D mobile games like Oracles and Link's Awakening. That said, I think I might actually like Majora's Mask 3D as long as they fix that notoriously bad temple. The main reason is atmosphere. I've never played MM because I didn't own an N64, but this particular game has caught my interest ever since I saw the Game Theory about it and later several creepy game compilations that went into parts of the game. I won't be buying any fancy versions but I will probably buy the game at release.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • One of my all-time favorite games ^^. I am SO excited for this! Majora's Mask is so unique and for me, still has tons of replay value. Now I can take it on the go!! I wonder what new mechanics or features this game will have? Extra Dialogue in the story perhaps? Will we learn more of the Happy Mask Salesman?

So many things to think about. Also, that moon......still as creepy as ever @_@

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I actually don't typically like 3D Zelda either, but I did love Ocarina of Time, so I'm all for this. (Never played it before)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hm, toot be honest, I haven't fully beaten the original MM yet because it's fulllll of sidequests and I never know what to do next. XD

Still with this game, maybe things will change!

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • For everyone saying they haven't finished the game before, I'd like to ask; did it have anything to do with this guy?
    Spoiler:

Majora's Mask holds the unique simultaneous positions of my favorite game of all time and one of my least favorite bosses, all because of this piece of carp. I quit the game altogether when I got to him at first, and only picked it back up a full year after, and finally beat this thing. I seriously hope his fight is better in this version.

Years
  • A small part of me really wanted this to be an HD remake, but it's still one of my favorite 3D Zelda games so I'll take what I can get. But I do hope that they'll fix some of the major issues MM had... God, the Great Bay Temple was horrible. And people complain about the Water Temple.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • A small part of me really wanted this to be an HD remake, but it's still one of my favorite 3D Zelda games so I'll take what I can get. But I do hope that they'll fix some of the major issues MM had... God, the Great Bay Temple was horrible. And people complain about the Water Temple.
    What was wrong with Great Bay? o.o

Snow Head gave me problems for awhile. I couldn't control the Goron roll properly as a kid lol

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I never played this, sort of a go at a friends place years ago when I killed a rupee stealing bird, and seen friends play more recently. While I've gone back and played a bunch of the older LOZ (still more to do on that though...), this'll be a good excuse to try out MM which I've always heard good things about.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back