• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: Make-a-Mega 6: Vote for stat changes for Mega Arcanine NOW!

Which stat spread should we use for Mega Arcanine?

• [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9449026&postcount=57"]5qwerty[/url]

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9449074&postcount=58"]Nick Wilde[/url]

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9449258&postcount=59"]Comme des Garcons[/url]

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9451686&postcount=60"]gimmepie[/url]

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9451716&postcount=61"]tzujm33[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
    • Online now
    I hope this thread doesn't turn into the Get-Together change a Pokémon thread.

I'd stay with pure Fire. Electric/Fire would be fine as well.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Since Arcanine is described as "The Legendary Pokemon", we could always change it to fire/dragon? I like the idea fire/fighting as well, though!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I would like to have its sr weakness gone. It doesnt have a steel move and i dotn like fire/ground, so i also support fire figthting.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • I mean conceptually Fire/Dragon makes sense but I kinda like Fire/Fighting, it would also be unique.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i'd be interested to see a fire/fighting, but i don't see anything wrong with pure fire. either sounds cool to me

Ullion

Years
  • Voted for fire/fighting. I liked the reasoning brought up earlier. Additionally, I agree with Volpe that tacking on dragon-types to older pokemon has been all too common recently.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I really feel like adding another type just adds more unneeded weaknesses and nullifies some useful resistances. There's really not anything wrong with pure Fire imo.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i voted pure fire. in my opinion, tacking another type on is kind of unnecessary. i agree with syn saying that itd just add a bunch of random weaknesses that we dont really need.

5qwerty

Years
    • Online now
    pls don't let fire/fighting win

someone save the world

i was wrong, why did i suggest fire/electric forgive me

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I think thsoe abilities (aside from the current ones) could fit:
    Reckless
    Adaptability
    Fur coat
    Flamebody
    Moxie
    Tough Claws
    Sheer Force
    Speed Boost

I like Moxie the most.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • I ll go for 2 abilities because the design will matter in this case, offensive or bulky.

If the design is offensive then SHEER FORCE
    If the design is defensive then INTIMIDATE

5qwerty

Years
    • Online now
    Can't we just steal all the idea's from August Get-Together's improve-a-Pokémon thread, if it's still available?

give it water absorb

Ullion

Years
  • I like Sheer Force and Moxie from those listed above :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    First off, some thoughts:

[20:23:52] @Syndrome: there's no reason to run crunch on it
    [20:24:22] @Syndrome: flare blitz and wild charge take out every relevant psychic type and lati@s doesnt want to keep switching into flare blitz
    [20:24:43] @Syndrome: its like a 3HKO on defensive latias with jolly after rocks

In my opinion, that typing is rather unfortunate, and a bit overused. Had it been pure Fire I'd have suggested Magic Guard. It would've gotten rid of the Stealth Rock weakness and the recoil from Flare Blitz and Wild Charge. Actually, no. I'm still going to suggest Magic Guard. It works too well. It can even play off of the species being the 'Legendary' Pokémon.

I'd also like to suggest Contrary. We could go for a specially based stat build and have it abuse Overheat. You know, kinda like how Serperior does with Leaf Storm. It's special movepool isn't anything to write home about, but something along the lines of Overheat / Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power [Type] could work pretty well.

If I have anything else I'll make a separate post.

5qwerty

Years
    • Online now
    I'd also like to suggest Contrary. We could go for a specially based stat build and have it abuse Overheat. You know, kinda like how Serperior does with Leaf Storm. It's special movepool isn't anything to write home about, but something along the lines of Overheat / Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Hidden Power [Type] could work pretty well.

If I have anything else I'll make a separate post.

Doesn't it also get Close Combat? Run some RestTalk crap and you'll be near unstoppable.

Back