• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga or Anime?

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    A mangaka has to physically draw every little detail for every page and every chapter sometimes multiple times a month, and for manga like, say, Naruto, I can assure you that's an immense task. Not to discredit an animator's work, but at least they have a reference to start from; a mangaka does not.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Mangaka have multiple assistants do do backdrops, inking and other things. Very few of them do everything themselves.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2014
    Although I enjoy both, and for series I really enjoy I will both read the manga and watch the anime, but overall I prefer to watch the anime. Just being able to see everything, and above all hear everything is what really pushes anime on top for me. The music can really make scenes powerful, and that is probably my favorite part.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'd go with manga because it's easier on my browser and it feels more relaxing to go through when compared to the anime adaptation of "insert title here" which works better for me in general.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    It depends for me. I usually prefer a manga because it describes more. The anime usually jam packs everything into 22 minutes, so yeah. :x

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm more consistent with reading manga, but I prefer to watch the anime. I feel more in tune to the characters and story when watching the anime, instead of reading. I also like watching the fights, in the anime they are so much more intense. Ongoing series like Fairy Tail, One Piece and Naruto Shippuden I try to keep up each week with both.

Years
    I'm more consistent with reading manga, but I prefer to watch the anime. I feel more in tune to the characters and story when watching the anime, instead of reading. I also like watching the fights, in the anime they are so much more intense. Ongoing series like Fairy Tail, One Piece and Naruto Shippuden I try to keep up each week with both.

Things like fighting scenes are better in anime adaptations, I agree. Although, even if manga series spend like hundreds of chapters focusing on one battle (I'm looking at you, Bleach...), they only last an episode or two XD For me though, I feel more emotionally attached to a series while reading as opposed to watching, for some reason. Sometimes, not all that often though, the voice actors take away from the experience, particularly in shoujo series I feel :c

Back