• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mannerisms/quirks/habits you have.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    What are some mannerisms/quirks/habits you have that you've picked up on, or was told by someone that you do a lot without realizing it beforehand?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I was kid, I used to be very rude. Did not realize any of it back then, though, since I didn't have much understanding as far as these kind of stuff go. I was also very blunt; if I didn't like something, I'd say it out loud without having to worry about anything. This eventually changed, as it... didn't help at all when it came to making friends. I had no idea how I wound up sounding, but not that I think about them, they were actually pretty darn hurtful. My words probably didn't affect adults, but for those who were around my age, it's a completely different story, I'm sure. While growing up, I've also caught myself lying more often than usual. Nowadays, I'm trying to keep things like this at a minimum, but still have to do it every once in a while when I'm absolutely needed. Everybody does it, haha. These days, only thing I'm concerned about is making myself seem non-talkative, which I'm trying extremely hard to avoid. Sometimes, it could be difficult for me to continue certain conversation, but I still give my best possible shot.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • This is kind of a quirk.

Whenever I eat something for dinner, and then smell the aroma of that particular food I start getting a headache. It's really weird. Like if I were to eat a steak for dinner. If my mum cooked hers a bit later on and I could smell it, I'd start to feel sick.

haha

Warship

異議あり!
    Years
  • i either curl my hair or bite my fingernails i cant seem to stop both of them at once if i quit one the other starts its a loop

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I do this weird thing where I talk in higher voice when I'm being silly or if I get in trouble for something I'll be like, "oops silly me :)))!!!" Idk what started it or where I got it from but I've just always done it and whenever I use it I tend to get away with whatever I just did lool.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I bite my nails and recently I've started pulling out loose hairs, which is dumb and I don't know why I do it but I do. it doesn't seem to have much effect. also, I crack my knuckles.

and another thing, whenever I'm sitting at the computer I need to be doing something with my hands when I'm not typing (like shuffling a deck of cards which is what I do most of the time). I'm not even hyperactive, like, ever, so I'm not sure why that is.

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • When I'm walking in the streets and listening to music, sometimes I start to whisper the lyrics, making teathrical facial expressions. Once I did that while I was walking towards a friend of mine and she said it looked like I was casting a spell on her. It was very funny!!!

Yukari

I have a tendency to move my hands around a lot, especially when I use the computer. (No I'm not talking about typing.)

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • I have a tendency to move my hands around a lot, especially when I use the computer. (No I'm not talking about typing.)

I do that sometimes as well... Before I write something I usually think like I'm talking to someone and some times I move my hands, shake my hade and do facial expressions like I'm really talk to someone...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I have some cool mannerisms when I'm on a mission. If I'm at a shopping centre and I want to get somewhere in particular I'll kind of parkour my way through the crowd so that I don't have to lose any speed. I'll spin on the ball of my feet and dart sideways between people and duck under tall couples that hold hands.

If I could do actual parkour then getting through crowds is probably all I'd use it for haha

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • I put my hand on my hip when I am about to kill someone.

I have some cool mannerisms when I'm on a mission. If I'm at a shopping centre and I want to get somewhere in particular I'll kind of parkour my way through the crowd so that I don't have to lose any speed. I'll spin on the ball of my feet and dart sideways between people and duck under tall couples that hold hands.

If I could do actual parkour then getting through crowds is probably all I'd use it for haha

We are the same. We are one.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I make my voice sound like a chipmunk on crack whenever I mock someone/sing. >_>

Also, I crack my knuckles a lot, which leads me to thoughts like "Hey, let's see how much I can bend my fingers!", and I (woah nowai) end up doing that. I could easily break them, y'know?

♥♥♥♥ you, brain.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I chew on the inside of my bottom lip and I bite my nails a lot. I also shake my legs a lot without noticing until I'm on a road trip or something and someone complains because the car is moving.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Online, I put a lot of smilies (It's a way to show the emotion behind the comment), and I put a loooooot of Hahah, Hehehe (waaaaay too much) even if it's not funny.
    In real life... I always have my hands on my face XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    These are some habitual mannerisms that other people brought to my attention that I had.

When I'm at a store or something, and someone asks if I want the receipt, I always say "Naaahhhhhh." Drawn out just like that. All the time.

When I'm at a restaurant, and I'm deciding what to drink, this is how it usually goes:
    Me: "Do you have raspberry iced tea?"
    Them: yes/no
    Me: "Do you have root beer?"
    Me: "Do you have Sprite?"
    Me: "I'll have a Dr. Pepper."

If someone asks me if I want something, I'll wait a few seconds and give a very authoritative "No" in reply. Apparently this is hilarious to my friends, who laugh every time it happens. Not sure why.

When I'm at a restaurant, I take off my shoes while I'm eating. Just feels more comfortable.

When I'm eating out with people, and we eat in a booth, I always end up laying down on my side of the booth or lounging. Always.

When I see something happen that I think is stupid or something's annoying me, I'll put my hand like this:

Mannerisms/quirks/habits you have.
    (not my hand)

Raise it up about 90 degrees, and bring it down again really fast and point it in the direction that's causing me to do it. If it's a person, I'll say "This guy." even if it's a girl.

Years
  • I still bite my fingernails, and I've been doing so for as long as I can remember. It's a habit I wish I could stop, but nope I can't.

Years
  • When I was a kid, whenever I got angry, I'd viciously gnaw on my left pointer finger, to the point where it actually effected the growth of the body part. It looks pretty different from my right hands pointer finger, but no one's ever noticed it, so I may be over-exaggerating it in my head or something. Don't do it anymore, thankfully :c

Years
  • curl my tongue, finger nail muncher, sometimes crossdress just so I can wear a dress/heels, likes racist jokes
    loud burper, picks nose

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • I have been told that i my waving is creepy and also used to bite my fingernails when i was younger.

Back