• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Thanks for Rating it. I've decided to remove that tile.
    Well, I'm off to start my scripting for my hack! ;)see yah.
    -cooley

Years
    really O sorry TTTT..hmm...then it's okay and I think I don't have to change them or he would have PM'd me about it..:) YAY..:D

I have had those palettes in my hack for a while, but I got them from ♠εx's Rombase, I'm still going to change them anyway...
    Well, back on topic, I was looking at Rocket's Revenge, and I decided I'd do some palette editing. Well here's the outcome, please don't steal the palette. It will pretty ovbious if you do...:)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
    @thethethethe I love the Rockets Revenge pallete - it looks really spooky and fitting for the game.

Here is a map from my hack. This is Reyfia Town, a small mountainous retreat, where the monks from the monastery in the hills above come and tend the gardens.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Like it? Please rate and I may post more...:)

oh and P.S. I had to post on imageshack because for some reason I cannot upload to PokéCommunity?!

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
    Years
    I have had those palettes in my hack for a while, but I got them from ♠εx's Rombase, I'm still going to change them anyway...
    Well, back on topic, I was looking at Rocket's Revenge, and I decided I'd do some palette editing. Well here's the outcome, please don't steal the palette. It will pretty ovbious if you do...:)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Yeah xD Thats some nice work thex4(your names to long to say) Its really good the night pallet, But the map itself could have a few paths on it otherwise love it. the grass should have sections not all scatted around the place.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Map Name: Route 660

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: This Is the First Route in My New Hack it leads to the second town/city from the first one.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Map Name: Route 660

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: This Is the First Route in My New Hack it leads to the second town/city from the first one.

Map Rating/Review Thread

nice

I think you should learn how to edit the pallets

Would make it look even better

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    nice

I think you should learn how to edit the pallets

Would make it look even better

I know, I'm making the maps first before I do pallete editing, but yeah the palletes will be changed.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    good good

meh

Ill post some new maps up soon

When i get my old pc settings back
    Where can i get all the hacking tools from?

not wak a hack doesent work for me.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Don't Spam, Zanacross. That is not the place to ask that sort of question.

@Cartman: You have some errors in your map, The only thing was The ledge, And something Reaaaaaaaaaallllly small. 7.5/10 ;)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Well, I'll just try to be around this thread a bit more often since I'm not hacking for now, cause I want to help people improve their mapping, and, who knows, maybe this could also help to improve mine as well ;)

I'll just post something about the last five published maps...

cooley(Route Map): The left part of the map is pretty original, with all those "empty spaces", however there seems to be too much empty space at some areas (close to the mansion, close to the sign and close to the route's entrance), I would have used a bit more flowers (or at least, some of the road tiles) on the last two, and maybe extend the "lake" a bit more to the north and make it like the player wouldn't be able to reach the important person on the west unless they were to take the correct way (teasing the player? Maybe... :badsmile:)
    The small patch of sand also has a problem because in that place you'd need a sand tile with a turn to the right and a turn to down... I think there isn't such kind of tile Hope that is somewhat understandable -_-
    Overall, a decent map. I guess the grass is one of the things you have to add later.
    Rating->8/10

thethethethe(violet map): I'll just judge the mapping, 'cause in reality I didn't like the outcome of those palettes, but that's just a personal opinion.
    So, regarding the mapping, it's perfect in all aspects, no signs of empty spaces, and it seems like a challenging map. I would fix only one thing though, I'd move that sign one tile up, 'cause that way it would seem like we can read it from its front (hard to do it with that ledge below currently)
    Unlike johnlycett, I think having grass scattered is a bit more original touch.
    Rating->9/10

swampert22(Reyfia Town): The only critic on it is that the new house tiles seem to have too strong outlines, making them too obvious to notice they are something new, when you compare them to the FR tiles. However, I don't see anything strange on the mapping, maybe all the roads are a bit too wide, I'd go with variation.
    Rating->8/10

Corona(Coron Town): It would have been better not to make just a square border with trees and then fill the inside, you should have played a bit with more trees so it wouldn't be so square.
    The green plant from D.Patch is pretty confusing, one could mistake it for a cut tree by how tall it is.
    Other than that, the map is not that interesting (yes, I know it's the starting town, hopefully the next town or routes maps will be better)
    Rating->6/10

Cartman(Route 660): Some similarities with thethethethe's maps on that map, however, you seem to have used a bit less tiles variation, so I'd suggest to take a look at thex4's map to get some inspiration (you could use the road tile if you need more variation on the middle of the lower left part of the map)
    Rating->7/10

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Well, I'll just try to be around this thread a bit more often since I'm not hacking for now, cause I want to help people improve their mapping, and, who knows, maybe this could also help to improve mine as well ;)

I'll just post something about the last five published maps...

cooley(Route Map): The left part of the map is pretty original, with all those "empty spaces", however there seems to be too much empty space at some areas (close to the mansion, close to the sign and close to the route's entrance), I would have used a bit more flowers (or at least, some of the road tiles) on the last two, and maybe extend the "lake" a bit more to the north and make it like the player wouldn't be able to reach the important person on the west unless they were to take the correct way (teasing the player? Maybe... :badsmile:)
    The small patch of sand also has a problem because in that place you'd need a sand tile with a turn to the right and a turn to down... I think there isn't such kind of tile Hope that is somewhat understandable -_-
    Overall, a decent map. I guess the grass is one of the things you have to add later.
    Rating->8/10

thethethethe(violet map): I'll just judge the mapping, 'cause in reality I didn't like the outcome of those palettes, but that's just a personal opinion.
    So, regarding the mapping, it's perfect in all aspects, no signs of empty spaces, and it seems like a challenging map. I would fix only one thing though, I'd move that sign one tile up, 'cause that way it would seem like we can read it from its front (hard to do it with that ledge below currently)
    Unlike johnlycett, I think having grass scattered is a bit more original touch.
    Rating->9/10

swampert22(Reyfia Town): The only critic on it is that the new house tiles seem to have too strong outlines, making them too obvious to notice they are something new, when you compare them to the FR tiles. However, I don't see anything strange on the mapping, maybe all the roads are a bit too wide, I'd go with variation.
    Rating->8/10

Corona(Coron Town): It would have been better not to make just a square border with trees and then fill the inside, you should have played a bit with more trees so it wouldn't be so square.
    The green plant from D.Patch is pretty confusing, one could mistake it for a cut tree by how tall it is.
    Other than that, the map is not that interesting (yes, I know it's the starting town, hopefully the next town or routes maps will be better)
    Rating->6/10

Cartman(Route 660): Some similarities with thethethethe's maps on that map, however, you seem to have used a bit less tiles variation, so I'd suggest to take a look at thex4's map to get some inspiration (you could use the road tile if you need more variation on the middle of the lower left part of the map)
    Rating->7/10

I took your suggestion and added some more Tile Variation, thanks zel!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Nice comments zel;)
    And,
    Its been a while since i posted any maps so here goes:
    Game:FR(Its a pokemon Eruption map)
    Name: Route 2
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Hope you like it ;)
    P.S DONT STEAL THE PALS PLEASE!!!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    too brightly colored and some tiles have no use there, for instance, the ledges... also, wrong usage of the ladder tiles there...

5/10

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Its been a while since i posted any maps so here goes:
    Game:FR(Its a pokemon Eruption map)
    Name: Route 2
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Hope you like it ;)
    P.S DONT STEAL THE PALS PLEASE!!!

Not that bad. Palette looks good. I spot mapping errors, but you should know were they are. Otherwise, pretty good!

~7/10~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back