• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Thank You For The Suggestions- I Didn't Do To Well On The Mountains, But It Has A Border- uhhh... yeah- here it is
A great improvement. Again, try working on those mountains, and maybe try to do something with that openish area in the middle.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
A great improvement. Again, try working on those mountains, and maybe try to do something with that openish area in the middle.
like this? i changed it around- to me it feels kinda cramped, but you guys are the experts, so-

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Here's my first 'good' map lol. Other than my cave, everything else I had made was terrible. After rating probably over 50 maps on this thread, I've improved a lot.
You first enter the map from the bottom left, and the Pokemon center is just a rest stop before you go into the cave.

Read this after you rate my map so it doesn't influence your rating at all.
Spoiler:

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Heres my Map:
Name: Venture city
Hack: Pokemon Dark Chaos(doesnt have a thread yet)

Spoiler:

Credits:KYLEDOVE

Note:if anyone wants to help me with my hack then Pm me
Comments: Holy ****...this is an amazing map dude. The mountains are virtually flawless, I mean they are so beautiful. Some of THE best mountains I have ever seen...ever. The pathways are real nice too, they wind around well and the such, not going into too much detail. The tree placement is pretty good, but there seems to be too much of an absence of them throughout the map. Everything seems to flow together really well, and it's damn close to a perfect map. You're missing credits, btw. One of the trees is Saurav's, and the path is zel's, but you're not even allowed to use that...

Rating: 9.5/10

Suggestions: Not much on this one. I think it would look better if you added some more trees into the map, just to give it a better feel.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
Here's my first 'good' map lol. Other than my cave, everything else I had made was terrible. After rating probably over 50 maps on this thread, I've improved a lot.
You first enter the map from the bottom left, and the Pokemon center is just a rest stop before you go into the cave.

Spoiler:
i deserve the big fat :(... hehe, i kinda read half way through then stopped and read more- either way i think this is a perfect route- i really like it!
10-10-
no suggestions

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Did Zel give you permission to use his tiles?
:pink_pissed:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no but you tend to see that a lot around here. Yeah, it's bad but there's nothing we can really do about :\

On-topic:
@QuilavaKing
The map is pretty good but the tall grass placement is a little too sporadic for my tastes. And is it just me or is the dirt that you used around the base of the mountains the same tile used for berry soil? It looks nice but it's a little misleading. Still, I like the concept of the map, especially the fact that the player has to travel around the entire map just to reach the cave entrance. Good job :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

Spoiler:
I just realized that there's no way to get the item in the water, because you have to actually stand on ground (I think) to pick it up. Just ignore that though lol... If there's anything major enough to bother fixing, I'll do that at the same time.

And is it just me or is the dirt that you used around the base of the mountains the same tile used for berry soil?
Haha, you're right. Oh well, it's close enough :P.

Last edited:

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
i think my map is skipped...
sepiorch town
fire red
will be used in my hack
rate it
Spoiler:

Yeah i think your map is skipped:(
Rate: 5.5/10
suggestions:
well you should'nt make your map square:( and as you can see,threre are many blank spaces in the map,you should add more trees and vegetation,and i dont like the way you put the small trees and the tall building. I also spotted some few tile errors. But dont quit mapping,maybe you should read tutorials about this and practice more, remember,practice makes perfect.

Last edited:
Years
Yep. I'm back. Sorry... =)

Map Game: FireRed BPRE (U)
Map Name: Mountainash City
Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Comments: Uhh. A city built on a mountain. The bottom-right corner is a bit weird, I know.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm posting my Ice cave again to get a couple more ratings.
This was a project I was doing when I first found Pokecommunity. I was making 3 caves/dungeons that contained the 3 legendary bird Pokemon for emerald. I came here to learn scripting so I could add a small team rocket-based plot to go along with it. For some reason when I started to add text scripts the text got all messed up, and I have no clue how to fix it (pm me if you think you can help btw) so I just gave up.

This is my favorite area in the whole planned hack, and one of the first areas I worked on. (I said planned because I only did like 2 areas other than this one lol.)
Spoiler:

I have a full cave to go along with it... should I post the rest? Oh and btw, the cave is called Frost Cave, and once you enter this particular map (and the one below it) it's call Frost Cave Depths. (The first 3 levels above this one don't have ice.)

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Comments: Uhh. A city built on a mountain. The bottom-right corner is a bit weird, I know.

Not just the bottom-right corner is a bit weird, the whole map is weird :S It's too much empty space in it... I won't start with the edge-blocks because my post would be a 3-page-text xD... Too much tile-errors :S And the thing with the ledges: if you jump over them, ingame you would jump on the mountains xD i'll give 2/10 sorry but this map is horrible :@

//edit: YEAH 30 POSTS!!! :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

2/10

The Layers of the mountain don't work, notice how some of it is two levels off the ground and some of it is one... buts its the same level o.O yeah.

Both a rocksmash and a cut block on the same map... going in the same direction... on single paths. Seems a bit weird and looks wrong imo.

Lots of empty and boring space that needs filling in, make it look more mountain like rather than just have lots of big flat rock areas.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
Map Name: Debu Town
Map Game: Fire red [BPRE]
Comments: I edited the map a bit: less flowers, more mountain and paths.

I like the shape, however I don't like the house being stuck behind the PC. Also, you have placed a house right in the cliff. I think the town layout is a little off. There is a massive clump of buildings at the top, and not enough buildings in the middle.
6/10 maybe? (My first map rate lol).

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
Years
The first route in my hack :] i'm really proud of it^^ it's one of my favorite maps by me^^ Plz rate!

Map Name: Route 1
Map Game: FireRed(GER)
Credits:
-Xiros
-Alistair
-Zel!x

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
Years
@masterofpuppets93:
Love the map! The colours (pallets, whatev) look great, not too much or too little of anything, nothing bad that I can see.
9/10
Why? That ledge bugs me. It's the only one in the route, and it doesn't appear to add anything (I'm sure I'm just being stupid though).

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
The first route in my hack :] i'm really proud of it^^ it's one of my favorite maps by me^^ Plz rate!

Map Name: Route 1
Map Game: FireRed(GER)
Credits:
-Xiros
-Alistair
-Zel!x

Mapshot:
Spoiler:
i agree, this map is great in many ways- but the ledge also bothers me a little to- maybe ad more or less ledges?
9-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back