• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Map name: Arctic Town
    Game: Pokémon Infernal Legend
    Credits: Nintendo, myself, Fangking Omega and Manipulation.
    Comments: It's meant to be square and Fire Red style, so don't comment on that. This is the where the final gym in Infernal Legend is located.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

9.5/10

Simple but appealing. Only reason I deducted points was because I think that you should've put the silver town sign somewhere in the entrance to the town rather than in the back :)

lalo0101

Thanks Mulczhar for Avatar:D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    Map Name: It doesn't have a name

Map Game: firered

Comments: map is attacment

Credit:
    calisproject
    The English Kiwi
    Alucus
    kyledove

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Map Name: Mount Cyrus

Map Game: Galactic Platinum

Comments: Please ignore the error near the very top (the cut off tree)
    Credit:
    Ray Maverick
    Wesley FG
    .Tactic.
    Alucus
    WAH
    Kyledove

Spoiler:

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
    map name: Viadrum Town
    Game: FR
    comments: starting town and last town in my hack you get your starter at gym (it will be like wally event in RSE) ignore cut off trees
    mapshot:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    map name: Viadrum Town
    Game: FR
    comments: starting town and last town in my hack you get your starter at gym (it will be like wally event in RSE) ignore cut off trees
    mapshot:

the map is too square, and too open. add some random nature.
    2.5/10

i still need mine rated.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Boy, it's been a while.

Spoiler:

Petibough Town, felt like mapping.

There's something I find wrong with it. =|

Wow, it's totally playable. Mapping style isn't natural exactly, but I like it better than the normal. I don't like two things about this map: The first is that empty space behind the house on the north. The second is the points where the, um, pathways (?) get too narrow. That reminds me of natural mapping style.
    It's a perfect map, in my opinion.
    Rating: 9/10

RSC ELiTE

Is busy... Mappin'
    Years
    Map Name: Mount Cyrus

Map Game: Galactic Platinum

Comments: Please ignore the error near the very top (the cut off tree)
    Credit:
    Ray Maverick
    Wesley FG
    .Tactic.
    Alucus
    WAH
    Kyledove

Spoiler:
    Very nice, 9.5/10. The cliffs, long grass and tree placment... I like, but I don't like the random sand patches, they seem out of place. The patches of trees along the cliffs are nice but are unessessery, unless they serve a purpose.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Map Name: N/A
    ROM Hack: N/A
    Credits: Alucus, Kymotonian, Pokemon-Diamond, TheDeadHeroAlistair, and WesleyFG for tiles. A few are modified by →goon.
    Comments: For funsies. :) Might be in Auburn, although I'm not sure.

Spoiler:

EDIT:

Boy, it's been a while.

Spoiler:

Petibough Town, felt like mapping.

There's something I find wrong with it. =|

The mountain shape is good, it's not too straight in places and it's not too bendy (for want of a better word). Although I really dislike the plateau area with all the buildings on it. It feels awkward to me. I'm not really a fan of where the path meets stairs and thins down to two tiles wide. I don't like the look of it. Everything else seems to be fine to me although I spot a few tree shading errors here and there. But you have it right for the most part, so it's not a really big issue. Nice map but I know you can do better. :)

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Credits: Alucus, Kymotonian, Pokemon-Diamond, TheDeadHeroAlistair, and WesleyFG for tiles. A few are modified by →goon.

Spoiler:
    Before I start, I just want to point out that the stairs look flat and kinda like fences. You don't need two light sources. Not going to take marks off; just saying.

As usual, it's a beautiful map. Mountain shape is beautiful, tree shape is beautiful. I actually can't find anything wrong with it. =| It's beautifully natural as well as being brilliantly playable at the same time. Again, I applaud you.

Nice map but I know you can do better. :)
    That's the problem! I know I can do better as well, but I just haven't. =|

Argh, I think I'll just get rid of the plateau altogether.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    For the first time in half a year, I found the inspiration to make another map. As usual, it isn't meant to be played in a real hack, so the areas that the player can't actually see are still meant to look good/ be rated. (Although it is still meant to be playable.)

Map Name: Crescent Lake

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: I'm gonna skip the story behind the map this time, so I can see what you think before hearing me point out the billions of obvious problems. (Although, most of them are just because it's near impossible to make a natural map with Emerald tiles.)
    Reposting this map. I'm hoping for more than just a number this time.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024

Spoiler:

Although I don't like normal-like mapping style, I think that this map is great. You sure have talent. But there are too many ground walls. It's a little tiring.
    Other than that, it's a good map. (No suggestions, I've nothing to say...)
    Rating: 8.7/10

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    i still need it rated, and as i said the statues are gray, but they look red on advance map.

Personally, I don't like this map. The houses seem all jumbled together and it seems packed while other parts seem empty. Also, the building on plain water just kills me. So, if I had to rate this map out of 10, I'd give it a 4.5

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    Spoiler:

I don't want to bore you with these maps but no one rated them -_-'

PLZ RATE!!!!! thx :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    I've uploaded it on a other page, i hope you can now see it.
    Spoiler:

The credits are the same.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Name: You know I never name my maps.
    Comments: Random, not for use in hacks. Playable tho. I tried a little crammed dungeon-feeling, let's see how it worked out. I also added a little nice effect... just for the lolz XP
    Game: Fr
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Guys, please... Dissing me like that will hurt my feelings.

@sasquatchd00d; Haminahaminahaminahaminahamina <3<3<3<3<3<33333
    Wow, that's epic. This is what I try to create when I open up my A-map at my bored days. This is what drives me to continue my helf-decent mapping. This is what God looks like in my mind. It just doesn't get any better than this. The mapping itself is perfect. No mistakes whatsoever (according to little me), an awesomely formed nature, and the tileset, OH GAWD THE TILESET. But that thing stays out of this. Not that it couldv'e done any difference at all, because what COULD be better than the ten? I don't rate without mentioning any cons that often, but what are you gonna do? A perfect ten from the little ex-hacker PokeyGT.

Last edited:

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    I came back lol xD
    Map name: Saber's Mountain
    Pic:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Description: Saber's Mountain is a Mountain that's the HQ of the evil team Sabers.
    Game: Pokemon Shadow Force
    Comments: You give me that lol
    Credits
    Kyledove: OW's, tiles (wooden houses)
    Pey: Tree tile, sign
    Alistar (Don Patch): Tiles en pallet

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back