• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
  • Nice comments zel;)
    And,
    Its been a while since i posted any maps so here goes:
    Game:FR(Its a pokemon Eruption map)
    Name: Route 2
    Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Hope you like it ;)
    P.S DONT STEAL THE PALS PLEASE!!!
    I think that map is good. 9/10. It will definately be good in my hack, and I'll
    Give you credits too. ;)

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • Not that bad map. But i see alot of errors and paletts are not completly changed as you can see in sand corners are still with orginal colors.
    6.5/10

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Thanks everyone!
    For the advice and ratings, ill try improving,
    Ill post more maps later.

Years
  • i found this old map on my computer, i just wanna see what you guys think of it..
    name: (have no idea)
    game: FireRed
    map: in spoiler..
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    meh nice map 7.10
    grass looks allright

meh
    another person with danasoft thing i started it off

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    hi guys, i've been working hard to improve my mapping skills. please see for yourselve how much this map improved.

Map name: Violet city
    Game: Fire Red

old:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

new:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Let's go for another round of mapping checkout:

Celebi_XD(Route2): Good to know more people are into the "sad" palettes as me, but anyway, I'm just here to judge the mapping :P
    It certainly looks original, and nice for just being the second route in the game. However, regarding the problem destinedjagold spotted on that map. Just look at all your ledges, they are all either pointing down or right, so we aren't supposed to go from the right to the left, is that the way it should be? In the end, I think you have overused the ledges.
    Also, yep, you should create your own "going down" stairs, those you picked don't look that good on the map.
    In any case, I like how you used different tiles, and how it seems the map has different "areas" within the same map, just put a bit more of effort into the tile fixing and it will be better.
    Rating->9/10

Kristian(have no idea map XD): It is a bit small to be considered a forest, and it should have a bit more of road tiles if it was supposed to be a Route Map, but still, I like how you distibuted the trees and grass around (sounds as if you've been paying attention to Marz' mapping tutorial)
    The road at the north is a bit too wide, though.
    Rating->7/10

suoert(Violet City): Well, it's a GSC map, so nothing much to comment on mapping (you forgot a signpost close to Sprout's Tower)
    I have noticed that probably you have a tiles border problem at the northwest of the map (after the small surfing), am I right?
    I would have sticked with the original tiles for the green ground, it looked better than the new one, but at least you have fixed many tiles problems from the past (however, I don't like the palette of the trees, too bright in my opinion)
    That's it, as I said it's a GSC map, so mapping something already mapped is not something to show your mapping skills (look who's talking, ah? XD)
    Rating->7/10

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    Let's go for another round of mapping checkout:

suoert(Violet City): Well, it's a GSC map, so nothing much to comment on mapping (you forgot a signpost close to Sprout's Tower)
    I have noticed that probably you have a tiles border problem at the northwest of the map (after the small surfing), am I right?
    I would have sticked with the original tiles for the green ground, it looked better than the new one, but at least you have fixed many tiles problems from the past (however, I don't like the palette of the trees, too bright in my opinion)
    That's it, as I said it's a GSC map, so mapping something already mapped is not something to show your mapping skills (look who's talking, ah? XD)
    Rating->7/10

well, actualy there is something new right above this map. it's a little secret area, i will post it when it's ready.
    And you are right about the pallete, i don't quite like it either.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    i found this old map on my computer, i just wanna see what you guys think of it..
    name: (have no idea)
    game: FireRed
    map: in spoiler..
    Spoiler:
    Ummm i like your maps Kristian;)
    The only thing is that the grass look quite scattered,
    so it would be best if you put the grass in different places
    like in squares or rectangles(gamefreak style)Thats what i do with my maps.
    7/10

hi guys, i've been working hard to improve my mapping skills. please see for yourselve how much this map improved.

Map name: Violet city
    Game: Fire Red

old:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

new:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Ummm first thing: I like the new palletes mate,
    they look nice, but i can see some errors on your maps,
    like on the trees etc. But in the other hand it looks pretty
    good: 7.5/10
    Let's go for another round of mapping checkout:

Celebi_XD(Route2): Good to know more people are into the "sad" palettes as me, but anyway, I'm just here to judge the mapping :P
    It certainly looks original, and nice for just being the second route in the game. However, regarding the problem destinedjagold spotted on that map. Just look at all your ledges, they are all either pointing down or right, so we aren't supposed to go from the right to the left, is that the way it should be? In the end, I think you have overused the ledges.
    Also, yep, you should create your own "going down" stairs, those you picked don't look that good on the map.
    In any case, I like how you used different tiles, and how it seems the map has different "areas" within the same map, just put a bit more of effort into the tile fixing and it will be better.
    Rating->9/10

Rating->7/10
    Thanks for the advice and comments zel, yes i had a few problems,
    with that map(i couldnt find the downstairs tile lol)
    And yes i do like sad palletes :D
    And thanks for the wonderful rating:) (Am i dreaming?)

Years
  • Dr.Razor

Yellow Remaker
    Years
  • Here's the map of the route 1 in Pokemon Jaune Eclair:
    Edit: Sorry for credits.I'll post the map again.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Shouldn't you give Credit to the original creator of those D/P houses?
    The maker is on PHO, can't remember name.

Anyways, I see some errors. I can tell you edited route 1 too, by looking at the way the Grass is positioned.
    8/10. Try not to make the Grass in a square shape. The people playing can easily Get past the grass

without batttling wild pokemon. Like I said 8/10

@prof.9: Please don't make a remake, And we all know how ecruteak City looks like. You just changed the tiles.

Be More original. 8/10 also

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    wow... it's nice...

7/10...

I wonder how'd ya make it big...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Here's my map (remake)!
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It's Ecruteak City!
    It is EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that I use new FRLG tiles.
    If you want to compare it with the old version, use these links!
    https://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1658/ecruteakcitydv9.png
    https://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/Pokemon-GSC-Johto-EcruteakCity.png

Small note: It IS possible to use this map in a hack. However, you'll need to import a LOT of tiles, and change a whole lot of palettes.
    10/10

Even though its just FR tiles you used them to all that they can be used

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Zoomed x2 in AM, I suppose, then PrintScreen command and cropping in Paint, but IDK. Anyways, I would use different palette colours (more bright green) and roof tiles on the gate building. Maybe the blue house should have a window. Anyways, I see no big map errors at all, except the small trees, you should fix them. I like the map overall, so I give it 7,5/10.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Here's my map (remake)!
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It's Ecruteak City!
    It is EXACTLY the same. The only difference is that I use new FRLG tiles.
    If you want to compare it with the old version, use these links!
    https://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1658/ecruteakcitydv9.png
    https://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/GB-GBC/Pokemon-GSC-Johto-EcruteakCity.png

Small note: It IS possible to use this map in a hack. However, you'll need to import a LOT of tiles, and change a whole lot of palettes.
    Nice! I like the remake, but i can see some errors.
    8/10
    It's a rather big image.
    Spoiler:
    Ummm nice, some errors but-7/10

Great!
    I can see slight errors and think that the grass pal is abit dark.
    ohwell-- 7.5/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back