• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaotic_soma

Chaotic little devil anyone?
    Years
    Here's a Gold map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Plz rate and comment.

3/10
    Alright first off the town is a little too bare it lacks thing to make it memorable i believe that the gym shouldn't be so close to the entrance but that is a personal preferance and maybe you should have custom tiles aswell to add interest into the level, why the amount of trees? you have no fences, no signs again nothing to make it memorable not even 1 flower.

PS. Sorry if i sound harsh or rude i am just upfront with my opinions and thoughts and in the end it will help you create better maps.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    The map's great, but that's not all of it, is it?
    And I think ladders shouldn't go down, make two go down and two up? or something tile that. And, It's veeery empty, you should fill the blank space with something (rocks, water,...)
    6/10

Oh...water...
    I forgot!
    Lawl...No, it's meant to have all ladders straight down, it's the top level of the mountain.

Eeveon said:
    Here's a Gold map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Plz rate and comment.

Well, it's kinda bare.
    No flowers... no twisty paths...and it's kinda crammed together.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    ^Nice, I kinda like it! I'll give it a 7/10. Reasons? Well, I didn't really like the bridge, and I think the towns a little too squished together. I think it would be better if the houses had more space apart, like the ones at the bottom. Just make another path or a little more free space.

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
    EEveon, if you added some sort of water below that bridge, it would work, but with its current configuration, it just looks out of place.
    (posted at 9:00 this morning)

Edit:
    Ok, as Eeveon asked me to post one of my maps here, I will.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    EEveon, if you added some sort of water below that bridge, it would work, but with its current configuration, it just looks out of place.
    (posted at 9:00 this morning)

Edit:
    Ok, as Eeveon asked me to post one of my maps here, I will.
    i would recommend fixing up all of those horrible tile errors.
    try and fill up the map with things, but don't make it overcrowded.
    that path doesn't work, it starts at ground level, and unless you have sideways stairs, it doesn't work. see what i mean?
    i would give a 6/10

anyways, as for me, i am posting a prototype of an underground city.
    the main reason it's a prototype is because i haven't implemented any of your ideas yet guys......
    i quite like the shape of it though.
    tell me what ya think
    EDIT: and i dunno what to do with the houses, that's why they look ****
    Oh and there's only one warp at the moment...because i can't decide where to put the other one =/
    :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    It looks very nice!
    The shape is great!
    It's just, there are too many watery holey thingos.
    8.5/10
    That's only rating the shape and mountains of the map...you DID say the houses weren't ready.

Years
    It looks very nice!
    The shape is great!
    It's just, there are too many watery holey thingos.
    8.5/10
    That's only rating the shape and mountains of the map...you DID say the houses weren't ready.

yeh, i'm just not sure what would suit it =/
    i was thinking blue rooves...but that doesn't work with the cave tiles.
    what do you think i should do?

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    hey guys, i think i havent posted a map for a while, so here is a map i just made to test the tileset i created for the 2nd Region of my hack.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Credit goes to Serg!o for the desert tiles and to PHO for those Trees

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Very good!
    I love the desert tiles and I like how u put grass behind the house...10/10!

chaotic_soma

Chaotic little devil anyone?
    Years
    Here's a map of FR.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Plz rate and comment.

6.5/10
    In one word squishy Also what is the point of the bridge it looks outta place and to be honest it make my eyes bleed lol i like the little flowers and the use of the little trees as a contrast though, the huge building idk seems kinda flat the way you set it up with the ridge Directly behind it make it seem unnatural you'd think a large building would appear over the ridge but altogether i quite like it.

hey guys, i think i havent posted a map for a while, so here is a map i just made to test the tileset i created for the 2nd Region of my hack.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Credit goes to Serg!o for the desert tiles and to PHO for those Trees

9.95/10
    Now this is a work of art you really have captured a desert feel with this map from small details of the terracotta roof for insulation, to the little red flowers which are actually seen in those regions.
    The placement of the wildlife looks very natural and i would have the feel of actually walking through the desert with this one.
    My only fault is that imo those little greenbushes look outta place they seem too idk vibrant maybe a more browny looking dead bush would be appropriate (that and i have never really liked them :P) Great work!

Last edited:
    Years
    I just finally finished a map of a forest that I may put in my hack. I haven't made too many maps before.

Anyone care to rate it? :)

Map Rating/Review Thread

And credit to PHO for tiles. :p

And the reason the paths are so long is because part of them warp you out :s and I don't want the player to see the end of it which leads to the border block which is a tree, which would look weird...er. Its kinda awkward looking... idk how to fix it.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I just finally finished a map of a forest that I may put in my hack. I haven't made too many maps before.

Map Rating/Review Thread

And the reason the paths are so long is because part of them warp you out :s and I don't want the player to see the end of it which leads to the border block which is a tree, which would look weird...er. Its kinda awkward looking... idk how to fix it.
    Well, just put trees on the path...xD

Anyway, I'd rate it 7/10
    The grass is placed erratically and very well :)
    It's really confusing and mazy looking..."
    I dun really know what's WRONG...xD
    Well, the pallete is dodgy o.O
    BUt...it's pretty good.

Now for MINE!
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It'sa Route 1!

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    6.5/10
    In one word squishy Also what is the point of the bridge it looks outta place and to be honest it make my eyes bleed lol i like the little flowers and the use of the little trees as a contrast though, the huge building idk seems kinda flat the way you set it up with the ridge Directly behind it make it seem unnatural you'd think a large building would appear over the ridge but altogether i quite like it.

9.95/10
    Now this is a work of art you really have captured a desert feel with this map from small details of the terracotta roof for insulation, to the little red flowers which are actually seen in those regions.
    The placement of the wildlife looks very natural and i would have the feel of actually walking through the desert with this one.
    My only fault is that imo those little greenbushes look outta place they seem too idk vibrant maybe a more browny looking dead bush would be appropriate (that and i have never really liked them :P) Great work!

ah thx, nice idea

Map Rating/Review Thread

so you finally managed to insert everything? nice!
    but im not gonna rate it, im kinda bored of rating maps xD

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Megiddo

mmhm....4 out of 10 for u :( the grass looks bad and randomly placed amog the sand, the buildings ``outlining``dont match with the sand, bridge is verrry wierd looking,mountains stairs look horrid!! not to mention 2222222 many rocks......doesn`t seem like u spent much time on it,or that u have much experience in mapping,sorry...

EDIT: ive seen ur other work,and its amazing :O why does this one look so bad..?

Years
    I've got a couple.

Map Name: Umber Town
    Comments: Ummm... I've shown this before, this is just a slight edit of it.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

And another one.
    Map Name: Route 72
    Comments: I need to fix the headbutt tree tile.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Map name: Mako Trail
    Game: Fire Red

I changed the palettes a little. Few shades darker.

Spoiler:
    Rating: 9/10
    It is very nicely mapped. Excellent placement of paths. The grass placement looks really natural too. I recommend getting rid of the flower under the cuttable tree and adding a layer on the mountain to go over the entrance. Also use some variation in the ground tile. From what I can see you've only used one when you can use like 5.

Map Name: A desert of Orre.
    The left building goes to Pyrite Town.

https://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh139/oddigem/?action=view&current=orre.jpg

Rating: 2/10
    No offense but that map is just bad. Tile errors everywhere. Stones as a boundary? A cave? Weird looking bridge, wrong use of paths and bad palletes. I would recommend getting a lot more practice.

I've got a couple.

Map Name: Umber Town
    Comments: Ummm... I've shown this before, this is just a slight edit of it.
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Rating: 7.5/10
    Bit of an odd looking town. Everything looks a bit crowded. The house looks a little squashed. I recommend that you make that long column of trees next to the house 1 tree smaller, then you can make the lake a bit bigger. Not much more to say, its certainly not bad. Maybe you could make the map itself a bit bigger?

And another one.
    Map Name: Route 72
    Comments: I need to fix the headbutt tree tile.
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Rating: 8/10
    Good use of ledges, but the mountain bit makes them useless because theres less grass that way. The placement of the grass is good, it looks very natural. I don't like how you've used that tile for the mountain ground, personally I never use that tile if you are able to walk on it, Nintendo doesn't either. Also for the stairs I would use at least two of them because it looks a lot better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back