• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Medications

Years
    Anyone else here take daily meds? Mine are all for mental health save for my stomach ones. All in all I take four consistently. I take iron every other day but the reactions I have mean I have to tell my doctor and may need it infused.

Years
    I take an antidepressant and medicine for my fibromyalgia daily plus vitamins and other supplements.

Bay

Years
    I'm taking three medications at the moment. Two for hormones and help with that, and the third one to lower my cholesterol. That last one had me down for a while because the doctor that prescribed me my hormone medications is worried about my cholesterol. That made me wonder if I suck at maintain my weight or my doctor is fat shaming me.

Years
    The medication I'm on at any given time fluctuates but it's pretty common for me to have to take things like anti-nausea medication, amongst other things, for my health issues.

Years
    • Online now
    I take daily medication for General Anxiety Disorder.

It removes almost all of my physical symptoms. I still feel uneasy sometimes, but this medication stops it from escalating into a panic attack.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I take two. A beta blocker when I had my pacemaker put in and then I take one to try and help with major seizures.

pkmin3033

I only take one medication now. I've been on other things in the past and done my utmost to avoid others - the side effects of anti-depressants and anxiety medication are too big a risk for me considering the root cause of my anxiety - but the one I take now is kinda essential to my continued existence, so I won't be dropping it anytime soon unfortunately.

I also take a paracetomol pretty much every day. I really shouldn't, but most mornings I wake up with a headache of varying intensity and if I don't take one the next day it's usually worse.

I take one prescription medication only atm, which I'll probably continue to take for some time. Other than that I take occasional supplements for mood lifting/anxiety (more the mood nowadays, I don't find myself anxious most of the time anymore). Went nearly a year without taking them at one point but with the mess that is covid I found myself going back. Fortunately they're not addicting whatsoever and I can use them as needed, which is great. atm that's all!

Years
    I take daily medication for General Anxiety Disorder.

It removes almost all of my physical symptoms. I still feel uneasy sometimes, but this medication stops it from escalating into a panic attack.

So I am coming off of Lithium because I was misdiagnosed with Bipolar disorder because it runs in my family and the doctor was on his last week so he asked me a few questions and medicated me (fuck that asshole). So for two years I was taking meds for something I don't have.

As it turns out I have a general anxiety disorder mixed with low DHEA production leading to low testosterone so the symptoms actually matched Bipolar disorder quite well. I am taking medical grade DHEA now and I have noticed a big change in the gym in increased strength, size, and endurance. As for the GAD, it is hard to want to get medicated seeing all of the negative side-effects even though I am in that block of the year where I can't sleep and have daily panic attacks.

Years
    • Online now
    So I am coming off of Lithium because I was misdiagnosed with Bipolar disorder because it runs in my family and the doctor was on his last week so he asked me a few questions and medicated me (fuck that asshole). So for two years I was taking meds for something I don't have.

As it turns out I have a general anxiety disorder mixed with low DHEA production leading to low testosterone so the symptoms actually matched Bipolar disorder quite well. I am taking medical grade DHEA now and I have noticed a big change in the gym in increased strength, size, and endurance. As for the GAD, it is hard to want to get medicated seeing all of the negative side-effects even though I am in that block of the year where I can't sleep and have daily panic attacks.

I see. I was diagnosed in the ER after a panic attack. First they checked my heart, which was very healthy. Then I just answered some questions which was turned into a numerical scale. I had a pretty severe version of GAD.

I understand the fear of negative side effects. For me that lasted a couple weeks, but after that it was life changing. I've had one panic attack in the last 8 months, and it's been completely blissful. Regardless of if you decide to take medication or not, I truly wish you the best in dealing with this disorder. Anxiety is not fun or quirky.

Years
    I see. I was diagnosed in the ER after a panic attack. First they checked my heart, which was very healthy. Then I just answered some questions which was turned into a numerical scale. I had a pretty severe version of GAD.

I understand the fear of negative side effects. For me that lasted a couple weeks, but after that it was life changing. I've had one panic attack in the last 8 months, and it's been completely blissful. Regardless of if you decide to take medication or not, I truly wish you the best in dealing with this disorder. Anxiety is not fun or quirky.

Thank you, I appreciate it and right now I'm just a little jaded from my last experience. Too bad my parents were dumb shits and did nothing when I started having panic attacks when I was five and I just had to deal with it not understanding what the hell was going on. Knowing what's happening from researching and reading my old psych textbooks is helpful and it's easier to calm myself down when I know what's going on.

Back