• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Meet & Greet's 30 Day Challenge

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Day 15: What is the most fun you've had during your time on PC?

Probably the night we were all watching the Switch reveal over Discord voice chat. I forget who said it, but after "1, 2, Switch" was announced, they faded to black to announce another game, and someone in the chat said "And now here's 3, 4, Switch". Hilarious.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
It's time to get caught up on answering these questions!

Day 4: How did you find out about PokéCommunity?

Google, I believe. I was looking for info about GSC remakes, and found a link to Shiny Gold's development page. Once I was here, I decided to look around the rest of the forum. This was the first Pokemon-only forum I joined (rather than Nintendo-focused forums), and I thought it was fitting to join somewhere dedicated to my favorite game series. Plus, I wanted to download Shiny Gold!

Day 5: How old were you when you first joined PC?

16, I believe.

Day 6: Which theme are you using and why?

Pichu^2. I like Pichu, and I like lighter themes better than darker ones. I think it might have been the default at some point (probably around the HGSS release? I don't really remember), and I liked it, so I changed my settings to have a permanent theme rather than just going with the current default.

Day 7: Do you have a favorite section of PokéCommunity? If you do what is it?

I liked the metal + color generation forums before they split. Not sure which is my favorite of those two now; I like both of them. There are a bunch of forums I like, though (and some others I rarely go to).

Day 8: Have you made friends with any members you've welcomed on PokéCommunity?

I have very few people on my friends list, and most of them don't come here anymore, and were never that active to begin with, so I can't remember how I met a lot of them. I think there's someone more recent who I welcomed who is on my friends list.

Day 9: Did you read PC's global rules when you joined? Why or why not?

I think I did (because I generally think it's worth reading rules in a new place; some forums are really intense and will ban you instantly if you screw something up, even though this one isn't really like that). I'll admit, though, I haven't reviewed them since then, so if you gave me a quiz on them right now, I probably wouldn't do very well.

Day 10: What three words describe you best?

I feel like this was a secondary question on some college application, and I suspect I had a great answer back at the time. At this point, I don't remember what that was, unfortunately. Narrowing it down to a definitive three words is hard, so for now, I'll go with honest, meticulous, and passionate (when I get excited about something). "Driven" would be a good choice too.

Day 11: What made you want to stick around on PC?

It's a welcoming community (even if I don't personally have a ton of close friends here), and I like talking about Pokemon. I don't really have anyone to talk about Pokemon with in real life anymore (maybe one person), so it's nice to be able to chat about one of my longest-lived hobbies in a supportive, encouraging place.

Day 12: What is your greatest achievement during your time here? If this doesn't apply to you, feel free to tell us what you would like to achieve!

Hmm. I won a contest on one of the forums for my posting activity once, which was quite a feat, as I'm not normally a very active poster. I think half of my new threads must have come from that month.

More generally, I feel proud when I'm able to help another user who is confused about something Pokemon-related. It's great to put all these years of acquiring Pokemon knowledge to use!

Day 13: If you could change your username to anything on PC, what would it be?

This is the only forum that I use this username on. I originally picked it to avoid identification with another username I was using at the time (because I was just getting out of moderating a forum, and knew I wouldn't have much time and didn't want to get dragged into stuff by people who knew me), but at this point, I kind of wish I had gone with the username I use on a lot of other forums. I suspect it's open, so I could switch to it, but I don't know if I want to give up this username after almost 9 years. As a second choice (after that other username), I would like to chop the numbers off of this username (someone registered as "Imperator" shortly before I did, hence the numbers on my name).

Day 14: Is there anyone who no longer visits PokéCommunity that you'd like to see return?

Not sure, as I'm not too close to people at this point. Maybe some of the people I was friends with in my early days on PC, but none of us were ever that close, so I don't remember much about a lot of them at this point.

Nothing really jumps out. I guess the speculation when a new game is coming out is always fun, and I've had a lot of fun posting on certain forums. I also enjoy reading about people's developing games (though I've never made one myself), and I really like trade giveaways.

Years

I'd have to say chatting on Discord. It's always fun to chat with everyone there! Greeting people on here has also become one of my favourite things to participate in. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
-day 13: If you could change your username to anything on PC, what would it be?
+ hmmm I've changed my username many times, haha. Possibly I'd go back to Apotheosis. It was really cool but I only had it over one summer when I was mostly away from the forums anyways.

-day 14: Is there anyone who no longer visits PokéCommunity that you'd like to see return?
+ Coffee.

-day 15: What is the most fun you've had during your time on PC?
+ the voicechats and video calls in the RPT on Skype back in 2015/1016 with benkelele and singing rounds and family trees and all that... was a golden age.

Years
Day 14: Is there anyone who no longer visits PokéCommunity that you'd like to see return?
>Amarillo, another funniest member of PC Discord and I definitely wants to see her back :'(

Definitely, during announcement of Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon and April fool (2017), because during these events I've observed variations of expressions like someone​ is raged, excited or confused... B-)

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I don't know anyone that well.

When I first joined here it just struck me as a really fun board.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years

Lot of them actually!

Hosting all my Events. It was draining both mentally & physically, but still loads of fun.

Pika Pika :chu:

Years
- Hmm there's a couple, RNC was great and I loved talking to Socratic on here and Discord, so it's gotta be those two.

Day 15: What is the most fun you've had during your time on PC? - Probablly my first GT, I remember taking part in the Pokemon challenge and talking to everyone back in the old Skype group, good times.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 16: What are some of your hobbies? Playing video games, Dungeon & Dragons, gossiping

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Day 16: What are some of your hobbies?

IT, playing football and enjoying video games.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022

Gaming (of course), watching sports, listening to music.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Day 11: What made you want to stick around on PC?
Originally, I just really wanted to be a ROM Hacker. Then the people, once I started branching out into other sections.

Day 12: What is your greatest achievement during your time here? If this doesn't apply to you, feel free to tell us what you would like to achieve!
I'd probably say being a part of the development team for PC. I've done a few things but helping to develop and modernize the site is what I'm most happy about.

Maybe someday I'll be pastels.

Shining Raichu I miss u bab.

Late Spring - Early Summer of 2016. That was when the Discord server started taking off but before it got so overwhelmingly big that I couldn't possibly know most of the people there, haha. Lots of voice chats, adding random bots to the server and talking to them, and much shitposting - it was a ton of fun and I made a lot of friends at the time.

Programming, shopping, stealth games.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years

Maybe I'd go back to Varys. Or Snipey McSnipe I'm not sure. I'm digging Home as of the moment.

I'm not sure if they're still on here but all the RPers I had interacted way back when.

Hosting One Piece mafia is very memorable.

Pokemon, reading, writing. Playing Magikarp Jump. That's it basically.

Years
Video game's, Reading, Programming and Last but not least >Walking (and I'm still walking) ;-)

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Not really sure.

Sim racing, playing bass guitar.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Day 17: List two of your pet peeves. People not reading the rules, and people lying about reading the rules

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Day 17: List two of your pet peeves.

People who walk slow.
People who fill their tweets with endless tagging of people who likely don't care.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Day 17: List two of your pet peeves.

People who judge without knowing.
People who drive at 30 km/h for no reason.

Back