• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Metagross

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Mega Metagross
iSOUT8c.png

Upon Mega Evolving, Metagross's Ability changes to Tough Claws, which increases the power of attacks that make physical contact. Its Speed is also increased greatly, and its stats are better balanced than ever! With increases in its Attack, Defense, Sp. Atk, and Sp. Def, this is a Pokémon primed for both offense and defense.

Thoughts on Mega Metagross? Do you like it more or less than its non-mega forme? How do you feel about its design? Before it was announced, had you expected there would be a Mega Metagross in ORAS? If so, is it anything like what you expected? Have you used it on your in-game team at all?
Do you have any other thoughts to share?

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Ahh... Mega Metagross... This is one of my favorite megas released. It was part of 3 of my teams, all mega, and all shiny. 2 of them I bred, one was a lucky accident before ORAS was announced the other one I bred was on purpose due to me wanting a 5-6 iv one. The 3rd one was the event you got.
I have never expected Metagross to get a mega yet, but I'm glad it did. I really like it's design.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I never used it on my team, but I'll probably try to next time I do a playthrough because that's definitely one of the cooler looking Megas. That spike on its chin is a little weird but otherwise I think Mega Metagross looks epic.

blue

gucci
Years
Mega Metagross is a cool looking Pokemon. Initially I loved the design behind Metagross, but I think the mega makes it look even more fierce!

Have you used it on your in-game team at all? Do you have any other thoughts to share?

Not yet. I was almost going to use the shiny Beldum that was distributed at the time of ORAS' release, but I had too many mons' already planned for my team that time. If I end up playing through Omega Ruby which is more than likely, then I'm sure I'll find a way to intergrate Metagross onto my team.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Competitively, Mega Metagross is just what the doctor ordered. With a stat spread that became less impressive with each new generation and the newly gained weaknesses to Ghost and Dark attacks, things weren't looking good for the metal monster. While the latter problem is still a thing, Mega Metagross gave stat boosts in just the right places on top of an ability that meshed really well with Metagross's movepool to bring Metagross back to competitive relevance without it being absurdly broken like Mega Salamence ended up being.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Mega Metagross is kind of underwhelming and overwhelming at the same time for me. While its speed increased a lot putting it on-par with Latios of all things and being able to out speed most of the game it does feel like it didn't get that much stronger offensively especially since no one runs Adamant anymore.

Mega Metagross also looked pretty cool when I first saw it but then when I actually used in-game I wasn't really into its back claws.

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
Years
Well, I've never used Mega Metagross, but it's still pretty cool. Plus it gains that Tough Claws ability. I also think it's cool that Steven has one. Do you guys think that Mega Metagross was made for that reason?

Light and Darkness Dragon said:
Is it just me or it looks like an X Fighter from Star Wars?
I can't un-see it now!

Years
Metagross is to me, one of the notably overpowered Megas thanks to the good physical movepool and Tough Claws. Not much of a fan of the design, but I did expect a Mega from it yet it somehow turned out more menacing than I thought.

Steven is without a doubt quite a challenge thanks to this Mega because not much can easily withstand its Tough Claws-boosted attacks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
One of the best-designed Megas, IMO, and pretty good, too. I was hoping for a Mega Metagross to come in OR/AS, and I was right.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
I personally love mega metagross probably becuase his design isnt something i was expecting and its just cool and powerful and helped metagross kinda get that boost since he lost some power with the added weakness to dark types in gen 6.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I think Mega Metagross is really one of the coolest Megas out there! It's one I was really looking forward to because I've always been a huge fan of Metagross's design, so of course I was really eager to see what its Mega would look like. When it got announced, I was not disappointed! It looks awesome. It's one of those Megas that's really cool looking, but not too overdesigned. Just having those claws in the front goes a long way to making it look downright fierce.

I was expecting it, because of course, the remakes just wouldn't be complete if Steven didn't Mega Evolve his main Pokémon, right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Gotta say i have very mixed opinions on Mega Metagross on one hand its an amazing mon for competitive play and has one of the best shiny pallets out there but i just cant get behind its design as a whole i feel its a wasted opportunity

Back