• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Mental health club

Years
    Honestly this community is so much better than Relic Castle mainly cause when i tried to talk about my mental health during the time in their discord server i immediately got told to stop…

Side note: Honestly the feedback here for my project has been really good (I've had some really bad feedback i didn't like like "oh don't be edgy" or "oh this offends that maybe don't do that" which makes me want to just..scrap the thing all together..)

Honestly this community is so much better than Relic Castle mainly cause when i tried to talk about my mental health during the time in their discord server i immediately got told to stop…

Side note: Honestly the feedback here for my project has been really good (I've had some really bad feedback i didn't like like "oh don't be edgy" or "oh this offends that maybe don't do that" which makes me want to just..scrap the thing all together..)

I'm really sorry about your experience. Life and mental health can be so hard. I've been struggling with anxiety and overthinking for a very long time too and can understand the stress, it is honestly just awful sometimes. Hope it improves for you soon. <3

i hate myself. a lot. and i dont feel like i belong anywhere, including here.

alas.

hugs!!

Years
    Thanks i just don't like when people advise me things like "don't do a religious worldview cause its offensive" because i'm just sat here like"well what else am i freaking supposed to do besides like i need help with things and yet you just like decide to point out things ya know Dont do this don't do that heck on reddit one user decided to point out like my grammer

Mental health club

This just feedback bought me to tears and just made me feel like my project wasn't good enough with the effort input into my project so it's difficult to find people that just don't give negative feedback in a way.

Like i felt like just scrapping the whole thing due to this and i don't really enjoy negative feedback like the fact they pointed out my grammar like that is just mean.

Last edited:
    Years

I am happy to hear it is going well for you on PokéCommunity! I agree with you here, there are better ways to point typos, punctuation, ... than in this post you showed.
    Again, best of luck with your project!

i hate myself. a lot. and i dont feel like i belong anywhere, including here.

alas.

Sorry to hear you feel this way... You do belong here, and we are happy to have you with us on PokéCommunity.
    *Hug*

Years
    I really hate how they always say or try to tell me to avoid the freaking religious route like it makes me just want to cry because I hate that type of feedback so much

Like on the relic castle version of the comic it was like "oh its incoherent worldbuilding or offensive" - like thats not freaking helpful to me besides maybe realise some people have a different perspective than you…

Attachments

• Mental health club
      8DA1C483-7CB3-4380-87E0-D947C8EEDB80.jpeg
      220.2 KB · Views: 6
    Years
    I really hate how they always say or try to tell me to avoid the freaking religious route like it makes me just want to cry because I hate that type of feedback so much

Like on the relic castle version of the comic it was like "oh its incoherent worldbuilding or offensive" - like thats not freaking helpful to me besides maybe realise some people have a different perspective than you…

In this instance I really do think the critique is somewhat valid. They've advised why it's to avoid doing something and then in the event you wish to pursue it, tried to give a compromise.

Just saying because I think that due to the actual bad experience you've been having, everything is starting to feel like an attack now. It may even be good to just take a break from that for now and maybe focus on something else - more things for your project for example! - to come back to things with maybe a clearer head, as you've not had to deal with it.

Years
    I know it's just my mental health hasn't been that great besides i'm only doing this project for fun and stuff so like ya know i don't know how to respond to that type of feedback.

Like I may be creative with my ideas but that typw of feedback/criticism i don't know how to respond to that.

I'm not trying to sound mean or anything ya know - i just hate that i can't handle negative feedback die to my freaking autism (yeah i don't really give myself self-care or love)

Years
    Ok sort of updates:

1. Only gonna take the feedback that actually helps me in a way
    2. I sort of got the offensive thing but like for the wendigo pokemon i did (though it is mostly based on winter wendigos from Until Dawn crossed with a fan-art depiction of one) which got me upset but i'm sort of ok now in a sense
    3. I'm gonna try asking for design ideas this time so that i don't end up with something that makes me upset and focus on like i said - feedback that helps

My mental health is still meh though but i've been talking with friends and family and they support whatever I do so ya know could be better days.

Retek

Banned
    Years
    Ok sort of updates:

Spoiler:

I'm glad you're taking steps regarding the feedback you get. People sometimes go really far with those, often not understanding how it affects the person asking for them and rather looking on them as someone to dump their "wisdom" on.

I'm also glad to hear that your family is supporting you, that's really sweet!

I'll pray that you feel better though, if you need someone to talk to feel free to hit me up yeah? :)

Years
    Ok sort of updates:

1. Only gonna take the feedback that actually helps me in a way
    2. I sort of got the offensive thing but like for the wendigo pokemon i did (though it is mostly based on winter wendigos from Until Dawn crossed with a fan-art depiction of one) which got me upset but i'm sort of ok now in a sense
    3. I'm gonna try asking for design ideas this time so that i don't end up with something that makes me upset and focus on like i said - feedback that helps

My mental health is still meh though but i've been talking with friends and family and they support whatever I do so ya know could be better days.

I am happy to hear you are feeling better and better. Best wishes for it to keep getting better!

Years
    Yeah they've always been supportive of anything I do really so that helps me push on with my creations.

Right like a few times it got me close to quitting my project but i didn't thankfully plus i love my creations so much and what i'm doing with my project because my ideas are strong with what i'm doing with it so ya know when people say those types of things it's like "ok but you really shouldn't speak for other communities it's rude and insensitive in a way"

I try and ask for help and look for feedback from people that don't like try and speak for other communities - like i can see why they'd say things but at the same time it's best not to speak for a community unless you're part of said community in a way.

Anyways,thanks for the wishes and prayers!!

Last edited:
    Years
    Update 2: My mental health is worst,ive started to have headaches and nausea plus i'm trying to have fun with pokemon and completing the dex but as ive posted recently i'm starting to give up on it so i just don't feel like continuing the game.

Havent had the energy to do anything really because some random person added stressful scenarios to a roleplay we are doing and it makes me feel like i can't have fun anymore

Retek

Banned
    Years
    Update 2: My mental health is worst,ive started to have headaches and nausea plus i'm trying to have fun with pokemon and completing the dex but as ive posted recently i'm starting to give up on it so i just don't feel like continuing the game.

Havent had the energy to do anything really because some random person added stressful scenarios to a roleplay we are doing and it makes me feel like i can't have fun anymore

Aww, that really sounds awful. :(

hug

Say, what do you like to do? Maybe you can pursue a hobby, or get a new one? The mind feels fresh when we do what we enjoy. :)

That said, if you need to talk about stuff, shoot a DM here okay? ^^

Wishing you feel better soon!

Years
    I honestly love drawing more than anything - mostly bout my Original Character because i love developing her and giving her lots of new outfits speaking of that - need to design a villain vibe type of outfit for her inspired by like the spider legs on clothin idea one friend gave me and medusa from soul eater.

I know i want to add goth and necromancer vibes but idk how.

Retek

Banned
    Years
    I honestly love drawing more than anything - mostly bout my Original Character because i love developing her and giving her lots of new outfits speaking of that - need to design a villain vibe type of outfit for her inspired by like the spider legs on clothin idea one friend gave me and medusa from soul eater.

I know i want to add goth and necromancer vibes but idk how.

Oh nice! Well, practice makes perfect!

I too wanna draw but I don't get time for that at all lol!

Years
    I see!! Well hopefully I can figure out something because i really wanna draw it sometime but havent had chance to think of a good idea for it so!

Back