• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Mental health club

Years
    Cycle 2 of chemo down, 4 to go.
    I hate it, it makes me sick and gives horrible side effects. I often wonder if I can mentally deal with it.
    Having cancer itself gives me grief, I always ask "why me?"

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I hate it, it makes me sick and gives horrible side effects. I often wonder if I can mentally deal with it.
    I'm so sorry that you have to go through that process. :(

I'm so sorry, I admire you more than you know. It is a huge struggle to go through this and very understandable to be frustrated and asking why it had to be you. I really hope you get better soon. <3

Years

So sorry for you, Sandalphon...
    All our thoughts are with you. Best wishes for you to get better as soon as possible.
    *Hug*

Last edited:
    Years

Chemo is some of the most vile stuff known to humanity, I'm so sorry you're having to go through that. I know it's impossibly hard, but please try to stay as positive as you can, and don't give it any free wins. Soon you will look back on how brave and strong you were as you kicked it's ass to kingdom come <3

Years
    Does anyone here have TMJ issues? I developed jaw clicking on my left side when opening my mouth a few months ago after using a nasal mist (and probably tensing my jaw without realizing?) and suddenly keep thinking about it. No pain or anything usually and no one else can hear it/it's not picked up on recordings. I know the vast majority of cases stay stable or improve over time but I worry it will get worse after doing TMJ googling. Having an easily-anxious personality that catastrophizes things is so exhausting, even if I understand people sharing their horrible experiences with health stuff are the odd ones out since most others get better and don't bother talking about it online lol. :x

I do yes! If you're not getting pain then try to keep it that way, trust me! So no making irregular movements with your jaw (biting lips, cheeks etc or clenching your teeth) and also be careful with anything that puts pressure on the joint such as headphones. You may also find that inflammatory foods etc can make it worse - mine really doesn't like dairy.

If you look up exercises online then I highly recommend the ones that focus on the jaw going up and down in a straight motion, those are the only ones the hospital gave me that ever worked.

Years
    So mental health update…again:

Great to know that i can't trace for art for my own project because some people still consider it bad..

For context i was drawing this: Mental health club

And appearantly some people went 'don't trace it's bad especially if you don't credit the artist'

It just made me feel like quitting art…or just Pokémon art in general because how am i supposed to draw body shapes and shit especially when i try and use shapes to help with the body as well as paradox Pokémon i want to draw!

(I'm not trying to be guilt-trippy her i was that close to shutting down my art stuff from what they said)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    So mental health update…again:

Great to know that i can't trace for art for my own project because some people still consider it bad..

And appearantly some people went 'don't trace it's bad especially if you don't credit the artist'

It just made me feel like quitting art…or just Pokémon art in general because how am i supposed to draw body shapes and shit especially when i try and use shapes to help with the body as well as paradox Pokémon i want to draw!

(I'm not trying to be guilt-trippy her i was that close to shutting down my art stuff from what they said)
    For most people it's a combination of learning some basic (abstract) anatomy and using pictures as references. That is, they don't trace over them. Instead they try to envision the referenced thing on the picture as a bunch of shapes and then try to replicate that on the canvas.

Art can be very hard. As someone who's spend 20 years trying to become less bad at drawing I can assure you that much. But no matter how good or bad someone may be: it all comes down to people trying to express themselves. If it makes you happy then you probably shouldn't stop. :)

Years
    For most people it's a combination of learning some basic (abstract) anatomy and using pictures as references. That is, they don't trace over them. Instead they try to envision the referenced thing on the picture as a bunch of shapes and then try to replicate that on the canvas.

Art can be very hard. As someone who's spend 20 years trying to become less bad at drawing I can assure you that much. But no matter how good or bad someone may be: it all comes down to people trying to express themselves. If it makes you happy then you probably shouldn't stop. :)

My college never really helped me with my art or anything i wanted to do with art - they had the whole module thing and taught me things i wasn't interested in with art so i left and i'm having to self teach myself art at this point. So ya know not easy think to that fact it makes me regret going to college even because like everyone expects me to learn the same thing the other students learn when i'm not interested in it.

Years
    Like many of us, I find this time of year to be quite tough at times. I just want to wish all of you happy holidays and all the best for 2023, it's gonna be a great year <3

Years
    Hi everyone,

I hope 2023 is a good year that brings everybody good mental and physical wellbeing. I am here to make a post that includes resources that may be helpful to members if they are going through a crisis. There are emergency contact numbers and websites in the link below where you can potentially get expert advice and solutions. Help is available is many countries around the world, and for several types of struggles.

https://checkpointorg.com/global/

The Mental health club will always be here for all of us as a source of comfort where different perspectives are exchanged as you tell your story, listen to the words of others and work together to support one another emotionally. But because it's not a replacer for professional help at the end of the day, i have added the contact information of the actual professionals too, if what you or someone you know is fighting is beyond the scope of help you can get in the club, so that you are armed with the best tools.

Stay safe and warm guys, sending my love to you all.

Years
    Tmi under here

Spoiler:

It's stressful ;;

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Tmi under here

Spoiler:

It's stressful ;;
    That sounds rough. :(
    Let's hope you'll make a quick recovery! <3

Years
    Thanks everyone ;;

It's just so miserable when it happens. You have no control, it just happens. That's what I dislike most.

Years
    Tmi under here

Spoiler:

It's stressful ;;

I'm so sorry, love. We are all here to support you through these troubling times. <3 You're so strong, you've got this!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Tmi under here

Spoiler:

It's stressful ;;

That's horrible! Really hope your recovery is going much more smoothly now. We all know it's not easy, but we're all with you on this!

Years
    • Seen today
    Tomorrow will be the date of anniversary for my dad's passing. I don't like the word, however it's not easy thinking of a more fitting term.

It's not fun being without a parent, especially on reminders like this. I find it even more harrowing as I've gotten older and became more aware of the circumstances surrounding his death. I hope that anybody who is struggling with mental health here can seek a healthy outlet or find solace through professional help. My dad could not find that comfort in his life.

Despite him being gone, his flowers he had taken care of bloomed a beautiful pink color.

Spoiler:

Goodbye Dad.

Back