• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Mental health club

Years
    Will do - though update on the koraidon thing: still no luck and honestly i just need it for the dex…

It makes me feel like giving up again seriously im starting to just breakdown knowing i wont get it anyways for the dex

Years
    A little thanks - i just want to complete my dex but its so difficult like i understand if they don't want to trade it but still some people need to complete the dex too fr

Does anyone here have TMJ issues? I developed jaw clicking on my left side when opening my mouth a few months ago after using a nasal mist (and probably tensing my jaw without realizing?) and suddenly keep thinking about it. No pain or anything usually and no one else can hear it/it's not picked up on recordings. I know the vast majority of cases stay stable or improve over time but I worry it will get worse after doing TMJ googling. Having an easily-anxious personality that catastrophizes things is so exhausting, even if I understand people sharing their horrible experiences with health stuff are the odd ones out since most others get better and don't bother talking about it online lol. :x

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Had such a scare on Friday. I really don't know how I keep myself from falling apart when everything else around me seems to be. I guess I'm just programmed that way because of the role I grew up with. But people mistake that as being easy. It's never been easy, yet I somehow carry on, for their sake.

This song speaks so truthfully for people in my shoes, so much that I can't listen to it with my siblings around because it makes me cry lol

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Not jaw related, but my throat will go completely numb when dealing with bad anxiety.

Makes it difficult to or drink eat anything. This isn't happening frequently anymore (thankfully).

Years
    Will do - though update on the koraidon thing: still no luck and honestly i just need it for the dex…

It makes me feel like giving up again seriously im starting to just breakdown knowing i wont get it anyways for the dex

It's worth remembering that with it being Pokémon, that trade is almost DEFINITELY going to come up in the future, but also that in reality it is something fairly inconsequential; like the world isn't over if you don't have that dex completed right this second! Have you considered asking for a touch trade already, just so it's in the dex, or maybe someone who actually might swap for the other box legend? As much as you do want it for yor Dex, you have to remember that other people also want to keep it for theirs and there's no obligation to be helping someone completing their Pokedex by giving prized Pokémon away!

I think it'll be not long before people do decide to start giving it away or such anyway, so I'm sure it will come up soon. If you want just the entry though, have you considered popping into the trade channel on our Discord server? It's fairly active and I'm sure someone would be happy to trade it over to help you complete the Dex - just shout if you want an invite :)

Years
    It's worth remembering that with it being Pokémon, that trade is almost DEFINITELY going to come up in the future, but also that in reality it is something fairly inconsequential; like the world isn't over if you don't have that dex completed right this second! Have you considered asking for a touch trade already, just so it's in the dex, or maybe someone who actually might swap for the other box legend? As much as you do want it for yor Dex, you have to remember that other people also want to keep it for theirs and there's no obligation to be helping someone completing their Pokedex by giving prized Pokémon away!

I think it'll be not long before people do decide to start giving it away or such anyway, so I'm sure it will come up soon. If you want just the entry though, have you considered popping into the trade channel on our Discord server? It's fairly active and I'm sure someone would be happy to trade it over to help you complete the Dex - just shout if you want an invite :)

Key note here: I did have two threads on this asking for the dex entry stuff but no one really answered.

I would try the discord server but i'm unsure if it's ok to even ask in there considering the last time i went into a Pokémon community server (Relic Castle) it wasn't the best experience so i don't know if i should even ask in there really..

Plus um i surprise traded the other miradon because like i didn't know what to do soooo..

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I feel like a fucking failure, because I am a failure.

Sometimes I wished I never existed...
    Sad to hear. Rest assured that we think otherwise! :D
    *hugs*
    Plus um i surprise traded the other miradon because like i didn't know what to do soooo..
    I think touch trading is still a good option for you. There are a lot of other Pokemon others are still looking for, too. Like starters or trade evolutions.

Back in Moon I actually managed to get a large portion of my Pokedex done by throwing a bunch of Haunters into the GTS because I knew people really wanted to get their hands on a Gengar.
    That doesn't mean that Haunter in particular is the way to go. You could do the same with Scyther holding a Metal Coat, for example. What I want to say: you still have options!

And I get that you're afraid of joining Discord Servers. Maybe it helps just DMing with some people you already know and maybe some time later they can help you get around the actual server?

Retek

Banned
    Years
    What I wouldn't give to have the final year of my school life erased from my brain.

I hate this year. I hate it so fucking much. Just filled to the brim with trauma and reminders of the fucking failure that I have been reduced to with constant shortcomings.

Seriously, confidence is a huge thing, and I have none, NONE OF IT, AT ALL.

A person can make fun of me for no fucking reason and I would believe all their words about me to be true.

Even now, just thinking about it, thinking about my failures, make me go into an anxiety trip.

And fuck this, I hope I never get reminded of this year in my entire fucking life. I hate it, I hate it, I FUCKING HATE IT. Fuck you, final year of high school.

Just fuck you.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What I wouldn't give to have the final year of my school life erased from my brain.

I hate this year. I hate it so fucking much. Just filled to the brim with trauma and reminders of the fucking failure that I have been reduced to with constant shortcomings.

Seriously, confidence is a huge thing, and I have none, NONE OF IT, AT ALL.

A person can make fun of me for no fucking reason and I would believe all their words about me to be true.

Even now, just thinking about it, thinking about my failures, make me go into an anxiety trip.

And fuck this, I hope I never get reminded of this year in my entire fucking life. I hate it, I hate it, I FUCKING HATE IT. Fuck you, final year of high school.

Just fuck you.
    What exactly is it that you feel you are failing at?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Exams, no matter how much I try. I'm... done with trying now. It's especially heart breaking when I was in the few students this year that got the gold medal for scoring 80% above GPA. This year is just, despair in its entirety.
    Don't bother basing your self-worth on your grades. I can't claim I know what India's culture is like, and you're talking to some rando drunk bitch right now, but like....

Society places so much emphasis on shit that doesn't matter, and shit that just supports absolutely toxic nonsense. People will give you shit for this and that, but are they really right? Are they not the ones who are wrong?

Retek

Banned
    Years
    Don't bother basing your self-worth on your grades. I can't claim I know what India's culture is like, and you're talking to some rando drunk bitch right now, but like....

Society places so much emphasis on shit that doesn't matter, and shit that just supports absolutely toxic nonsense. People will give you shit for this and that, but are they really right? Are they not the ones who are wrong?

IDK who is right or who is wrong, what I know is that being a scorer for the past 10 years in this school, it really hurts when you're struggling like this. Gives zero meaning to try again, because deep down I know what it's gonna be like.

I study, I sit in the exam room, and anxiety kicks in and I start to forget everything.

Every. Single. Time.

Years

First of all, as your friend, you are not scum, you are not the worst person on the planet, and I sincerely hope you don't mean that about wanting to die. You have your whole life ahead of you, and things will get better. It might not seem like it now, but life is precious, and so very short.

As a moderator, I will not let some of the language used slide. It's not fair to shout at people trying to help you, and certainly isn't acceptable to call people slurs, no matter how hurt you are. Another wrong will never make a right. I am not going to delete your post for now because this is not my section, but I'm spoilering it and removing the slur. I will let the clubhouse team take it from there.

You are going through a tough time right now and I understand. My teen years were the worst time of my life. I nearly didn't make it past them, but I scraped through and even though life isn't easy, the good times, the tiny glimmers of hope, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, make it all worth while. You need to survive the tough times to make it to the good ones, and they are worth all of the suffering, I promise, but you can't attack others to make your own pain go away, not only will it not work, but it's not fair on everyone else.

Last edited:

Retek

Banned
    Years
    First of all...

I'm sorry, something really, really bad happened today which made my anxiety shoot up. It felt like I couldn't breathe.

All of that was written in instinct, with stress that was bottled in for months.

I had to go lie down for a good while to get some of the stress down due to which I was shaking.

That said, I have no excuse for shouting on others. It was the one thing I didn't want to happen, but it got out nonetheless. 😔

I'm sorry PC staff, I let you down. :(
    I accept whatever the mods decide for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    I would like to reiterate what Starlight has already said. There was absolutely no reason to make such a post, regardless of whether or not you intended to delete it. Language like that is not admissible here or anywhere on the else forum. I know that you are fully aware of that. The clubhouse is meant to be a safe space, and posts such as the one you have made are completely inappropriate and unacceptable, as you have infringed upon the comfort and safety of others.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to discuss a hard time in your life or vent, we are all here to offer you support. However, the way in which you expressed yourself does not align with the guidelines implemented in this server. There are healthier ways of communicating, and swearing incessantly whilst tossing around slurs is again, intolerable and distasteful.

I truly do hope that things do get better for you, however you must be cognizant of the fact that behaviour such as what you have displayed will not be accepted in any way, shape, or form. I'm wishing you the very best, and I implore you to be more mindful of the words you use and the way in which you interact with others on this forum.

Back