• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
  • Having thread editing issues right now, so I will post the roster here exactly as I would post them in the main thread =P in a spoiler tag for anyone who doesn't want to know yet!

Spoiler:

The careers sound fantastic! I'm really excited for one in particular (won't say as it's a new one).

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Spoiler:

Thanks for the support, guys! In response to your suggestion, that was one of the reasons I considered using Emerald as a base, but I couldn't build a whole game around it. It'd be a good Side-Career, but I couldn't justify using a base I'm not used to for such a small portion of the game. =(

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Having thread editing issues right now, so I will post the roster here exactly as I would post them in the main thread =P in a spoiler tag for anyone who doesn't want to know yet!

Spoiler:

The new careers look so interesting can't wait for the next version of the hack to come out

Years
  • Okay, I am proud to say that @Avara has really outdone it this time. I was a big fan of this thread before it was canceled and I gotta say, the changes just displayed in the typing and reading through the thread, I really have to applaud you. I feel like, once this is released, this is going to be an amazing one. I have high hopes! :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey, all! I have an unexpected day off from work today (woohoo!) and since I'm in a ridiculously good mood I thought I'd post some more maps =) sorry for the lack of actual screenies, I want to get the whole thing mapped before I do anything else. That way if *touches wood* I ever had to restart, I've got the region mapped out for me =)

Here's town/city number 6, Havabora Beach. It's almost done, spare some shadow errors and minor details!

Spoiler:

Next up is Verlume Villas, the revamped edition, as well as Lord Grey's Estate.

Spoiler:

I feel as if I make heavy use of the mountain tile, fences or some sort of restriction in my city maps, so I've tried to make these ones a bit more open.

EDIT: Whoops, seems like imgur's down. Fixed pics!

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Here's town/city number 6, Havabora Beach. It's almost done, spare some shadow errors and minor details!

Spoiler:

Next up is Verlume Villas, the revamped edition, as well as Lord Grey's Estate.

Spoiler:

I feel as if I make heavy use of the mountain tile, fences or some sort of restriction in my city maps, so I've tried to make these ones a bit more open.

EDIT: Whoops, seems like imgur's down. Fixed pics!
    I really like these new maps. I think what's really helping this remake is that the new tiles that have been inserted goes really well with your plans for the region and hack in general. I also love the new careers that you have added, I'm really struggling to figure out which main career I'm going to pick out already. Can't wait to replay this hack six times I guess! lol
    I can't wait to see more of this hack as it is being developed. :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Phew! I've spent just over a week mapping the forest of the region. Really proud of it and happy it's done! I don't even want to know how many hours I put into it XD The actual path to connect the two cities is short, but the forest itself is vast, with lots of places to explore. I wanted to create an enchanted-woods feel with lots of history.

Example that doesn't spoil anything: mini stone circle!

Korosu.png

The next preview does contain spoilers!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I love the tiles you use, it really does feel like your own little world. I really feel immersed in your world as if it is its own standalone game series.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Can't wait for this one again, lost my old version of the game...have to say you're really something special. Thumbsup :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I love the tiles you use, it really does feel like your own little world. I really feel immersed in your world as if it is its own standalone game series.

Couldn't ask for a bigger compliment tbh, thank you so much!

Can't wait for this one again, lost my old version of the game...have to say you're really something special. Thumbsup :)

Thanks buddy! Hope I can do the good parts of the original justice =)

sounds amazing i would love to beta test

Of course! As soon as I have something to actually play that isn't just an empty region, I'll let you know =)

Will there be 2 regions? Or a post game at least?

This is still kinda up in the air tbh, as I have two other regions besides this one planned in the MoT-verse. The Middle Eastern inspired region from Ages of Faith is the one I'd ideally like to send you all to after the Tournament, not because I already have the maps or anything, but since it's so large I don't know if I'll be able to fit it all in haha.

Edited the default flower animation yesterday ~

fl1.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2017
    hey avara if ur looking for good side careers, just look in the original game, like shiny hunter or bussiness man/women or something like military

Years
  • Someone help me,I have got the Eli's ring.I tried going to his house but Guard says he isnt there? Now what should I Do?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    could you tell me the development process of this game and why there is a remake im really interested and hype and want to know

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • If you'll have me, I'd love to beta test this second time around.

This is Infernal Desires/Person10101 if you didn't know.

Really excited for the new careers and all of the maps/tiles look amazing!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Hey dude..
    I found a complete version of your game at pokemoner.com

Is this true. I played it and mentioned a lot of bugs...

Please tell me my lord :pink_confused:

Back