• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Money

girliehhhhhh

safhsdjklhfsdjk;
Years
  • What's money for you? Does it give you happiness? What do you do with it?

I don't think so because you can buy or do whatever you want if you have money except love and friendships. I often say I want to get money or want to be a rich. I have dreams that I want buy everything I want without see prices and want to go sightseeing. If my dreams come true, I'll be satisfied and happy. It's not only me that want to have much money. Almost all people think so. I know earning money is hard. I am working as part time job, but I really felt it. Therefore, I'm very happy when I get some money. This is one of money's good points. People are selfish, so even you are living as normal, you wish for more good life than now. There are lots of poor people and they are not unhappy as they seem to be. I think some people are happy without money. If people in all over the world have not any money, we can be happy without it. However, you know money can do many things. So money is important to be happy.

ThatKidMike

yall fuccbois
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2013
    Money is nice and all, but in the end, its just a tool. Nothing more.

Not to mention the amount of money you have has no correlation with how happy you are. A lot of people that win the lottery wish they hadn't later.

All I know is that before I die, I won't care how many numbers were in my latest bank statement.

Years
  • Money =/= Happiness. If anything it's the opposite. The more you have the less happy you are. Ive seen enough of it within my own family to see that it's true.

"I would as soon leave my son a curse as the almighty dollar."

"There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.
    "

- Andrew Carnegie

^And that man made BILLIONS.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Money is nice and all, but in the end, its just a tool. Nothing more.

A tool that you can't live without, regardless of your feelings.

Money is important, since I live away from home. Without it, I will die. Simple. Without it, all of you would die. It is a very important aspect in life and once you learn to control your spending, you will be a lot happier.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Having a lot of money is good, but in the end, you may not know what to do with it unless you use it on the things you need. Also, it's a waste to spend money more on your wants than on your needs.

Years
  • A tool that you can't live without, regardless of your feelings.

Money is important, since I live away from home. Without it, I will die. Simple. Without it, all of you would die. It is a very important aspect in life and once you learn to control your spending, you will be a lot happier.

Bu that isn't the question being asked. Having huge amounts of money does not translate to automatic happiness as its often thought.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Excessive money doesn't bring happiness, but not having enough money to live on can take away happiness. Unless you plan to be a hermit and live off the land out in the wilderness, you're gonna need money to keep you fed, sheltered, and free of any of the stresses that being poor carries.

Me, I just want to be able to support myself comfortably, all on my own. In that sense of accomplishing a goal of financial independence, yes, money factors into happiness. Not so much the money in and of itself, but being the one making it and making enough to allow myself to pursue happiness.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Money can increase your happiness but the amount and length at which it does is solely dependent on you. Money can help you get what you want that can make you happy, and, as that changes with different people, its ability to affect your happiness does as well.

A lack of it, however, will nearly always result in a lack of happiness.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    To be honest, money does make me happy, a lot actually. Having a lot of money, I don't see how you can't be happy. I like..no love money. I like to have a lot. Period. That's just me, though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Money exists only to further separate us into classes. I barely get by with the money I make. How does that make me any less worthy of happiness than someone like Paris Hilton who could theoretically never work a day in her life? It's pitiable that we live in a world where your social status is dictated by how well you horde what you earn without giving back to others.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Money makes me very happy, but I don't need much of it to buy what I want.

Some day I'll want a house and everything will go down hill from there >_>;

Years
  • It will be one less thing to think about.

I don't know what I consider true happiness anymore, but most of the time, I associate it with contentment. And, with money comes material possessions, with material possessions comes a higher standard of living, which might make it easier to be content with life in general.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • Money doesn't make me happy, the stuff I buy with it does. :D

I don't really like spending money on anything if I can help it. A couple years ago it was different, I couldn't save money for anything. If I do buy stuff, I usually get something that's going to last me for years, so it's worth it. In the end, money is just a piece of paper backed by a bunch of shiny rocks in a vault.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    For me, having money helps to reduce stress. It doesn't give me happiness, rather it makes me happier, aka less unhappy. Having a lot of money isn't something I need, but having a reasonable sum of money is both desired and required so it will make me happier. I want enough money to make my life stable. My only goal is to someday be richer than my father, if I achieve that then it's good enough for me.
    Kinarii said:
    Excessive money doesn't bring happiness, but not having enough money to live on can take away happiness.
    So basically agreeing with this post.

Years
  • For me, having money helps to reduce stress. It doesn't give me happiness, rather it makes me happier, aka less unhappy. Having a lot of money isn't something I need, but having a reasonable sum of money is both desired and required so it will make me happier. I want enough money to make my life stable.
    I was just thinking along these lines. Having lots of money won't bring happiness, but it really can remove a lot of stress. I know I'm happy when I'm not worried about money issues and that only happens when I either have enough money (which isn't often) or I have little to no expenses to worry about (which I don't think I'll see again for a long time).

If I lived in a world where the basic things (food, shelter, etc.) were provided for everyone for free I wouldn't need money to be happy. I'd still want some so I could indulge myself every now and then, but if I suddenly found myself without any I wouldn't despair.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
  • I think it would be nice to be able to live without having to worry about money. But without being too OTT. Just to live comfortably in a nice house, have a fairly average life.

But a lot of times money does bring happiness. I got money yesterday. I have a new laptop today. I am happy today.

It's true.

Years
  • I think it would be nice to be able to live without having to worry about money. But without being too OTT. Just to live comfortably in a nice house, have a fairly average life.

But a lot of times money does bring happiness. I got money yesterday. I have a new laptop today. I am happy today.

It's true.

But does it bring long term happiness? What happens when a new, better laptop comes out, and you want to get that one instead of the one you have? Then what about the next better one after that?

Tomorrow that laptop could get a Virus and be unusable, then you'll cease to be happy.

Notice how all the obscenely rich people have hollow, bland lives. Take celebrities for instance. The ones that find fulfillment, do so through other means than simply swimming is cash. Like my Andrew Carnegie quote, He found fulfillment in giving back to the community and spreading his vast fortune.

In essence, money brings short-term happiness.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Money is something that we're forced to obtain in order to survive. It sucks, really, in my opinion.

Cree prophecy said:
    Only after the last tree has been cut down

Only after the last fish has been caught

Only after the last river has been poisoned

Only then will you find money cannot be eaten

Back