• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monthly Video Game Showdown - Dream Smash Bros. Newcomer! (Winner: Banjo & Kazooie!)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    The semi-finals have begun, my friends! In the second round, we had a Showdown first! We had our first LOCKOUT! Skull Kid obtained every, single vote and K.K. Slider had zero fans in the audience. Tonight, his guitar gently weeps.

SEMIFINALS TIME!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well...hmm...this one's actually tough.

In the case of Amaterasu and Banjo, I think I'm going to go Banjo. It's nothing against Amaterasu, who I would also like to see, but Banjo is more ingrained in Nintendo's history, despite the Rare drama. Probably moreso, however, is that I can see him as a character more than I can Amaterasu; he seems like he'd have more at his disposal.

As for Skull Kid vs. Isaac, I'm going Isaac for partially the same reasons. He seems like he'd be an interesting character should he be implemented, and as much as I'd love to see SK's final smash in this, I'd have to say that Isaac has more potential.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Banjo & Kazooie
    Skull Kid

:) Thanks everyone so far for voting. Everyone else, there's still two days left to cast a ballot!

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Banjo & Kazooie
    Skull Kid

Sorry Ammy, but Banjo is more Nintendo than you. And Isaac would just be another sword-wielder.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

In our final battle, one of these Nintendo (or faux-Nintendo) juggernauts will come out on top to be crowned your Newcomer Showdown victor!

Reminder to all...the winner of the Showdown chooses next month's topic! Get to voting!

Monthly Video Game Showdown - Dream Smash Bros. Newcomer! (Winner: Banjo & Kazooie!)

BANJO & KAZOOIE V. SKULL KID

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    There can be only one, and it's got to be the one who gave me nightmares as a child - as well as last week. +1 for Skull Kid.

Years
    This vote is nearly impossible if looking at these two characters.

I would be estatic to see Skull Kid...

But I am just imaging what the implications of including the Banjo and Kazooie series in the roster, could mean. It could signify a resurrection of the partnerships between Rare and Nintendo for a future Banjo Kazooie game. Perhaps Grunty and Mumbo Jumbo, and other characters might be welcomed in the next game if the series gains more traction. Not to mention, a Rare-Nintendo Banjo Kazooie game would be a dream come true!

I will go with Banjo and Kazooie .

Back