• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: More PokéBank Details revealed - Gen 1 transfer info

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    still no specific release date?

still no ability to transfer items via Bank?

c'mon =(

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • This is quite a tease. D;

Still, makes you hyped up even more, I suppose! Luckily I have my favourite Pokemon from the Pokemon VC games all cozy for the bank, ohoho. Can't wait to hear about the release date though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I find it amusing that it's Nintendo from Hongkong who unveil the details for us c:

Personally, I find it neat that we can sync the Pokédex for all of the games, even though at times I still wish Sun and Moon to have National Dex on its own (outside of the Bank, that is). But still, filling the Dex might be much easier, so I'm glad they decided to add this feature! I hope Pokébank will give us the details when will the update show up soon, but I'll look forward to it!

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    It's nice to get details, but when's the damn update actually release?

I need my mons from gen 6 and past games.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This is worse than YouTube's Custom URL Maintenance IMO, which lasted for about 19 days. I start up Pokémon Bank every now and then to make sure it doesn't ask for just X/Y/ORAS.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    That Gameboy icon they use for gen 1 Pokémon is cute. Makes me hope for gen 2 VC releases with Bank compatibility even more now.

FloofyIncineroar

The fluffiest giant kitty.
    Years
  • Well, this is interesting! I'm aware of the fact that Pokemon can learn moves in Gen I now that they couldn't in the modern games, and now they can be brought over to the Gen VII games, like the Fissure Machamp mentioned in the article. I wonder how that will change things up in the competitive metagame?

On the note of the National Dex, it stinks that there still be no in-game National Dex for Sun and Moon, but at least I have a reason to finish my National Dex on my OR and get the Shiny Charm for that. And judging from how PokeBank now hosts the National Dex, maybe that means it will continue hosting it for future games. Yeah, you can't have on your cartridge or downloaded copy, but it might also mean that it will be as easy to get the Shiny Charm for future generations as it is on Sun and Moon.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • On Reddit someone was able to do a Kyogre giveaway. Which implies that the ban on Bankmons may have been lifted.

REAAAALLY want to transfer the non-obtainable Mega Stones though...

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    On Reddit someone was able to do a Kyogre giveaway. Which implies that the ban on Bankmons may have been lifted./QUOTE]
    I can confirm that this is true! I just managed to trade a Minccino, which apparently can't be found in Sun/Moon.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Do check the article again! It's been updated with some more details thanks to dataminers (who have access to server update data).

blue

gucci
    Years
  • At least we've got something to go by, though I'm thinking it's looking more and more unlikely we'll be getting a January release.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Still no update on the missing Mega Stones?

There's not too much I want to transfer over but I want to use Gardevoir in Sun.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Not having a specific release date blows.

Anyway, a guaranteed 3 IVs and a possible Hidden Ability on each transferred R/B/Y Pokemon is neat. Guess I can transfer over a bunch of Abra from Yellow and pray that one of them has Magic Guard. Also, watch out for No Guard Fissure Machamp.

Guest123_x1

So, they give out some details but STILL NO RELEASE DATE, even though January is almost over? I hate it when highly-publicized software has to be delayed over and over, just like Bank had to be delayed repeatedly last time. The longer we wait, the more likely this supposed update is going to be seen as vaporware (a la Microsoft's "Cairo" operating system project, which was first announced in 1991, but ultimately never shipped; and Windows codename "Longhorn", which was first announced in 2002, but was delayed several times and ultimately rewritten and released in 2007 as "Windows Vista".)

I wouldn't be surprised if the final updated product does not get released until sometime in the spring, or maybe even early summer (for the northern half of the world).

User19sq

I'm not loving the whole random-natures thing. I'm okay with IVs and hidden abilities, since you can at least change one.

What I find weird is that, while it hasn't been released, people are already asking for past Pokemon on the GTS. Weird.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • All these Pokébank announcements without giving a concrete release date for the update is getting quite annoying, ain't gonna lie. But whatev's I guess.

Also; there's potentially room for gen 2 games coming to virtual console? ngl, I would insta-buy pokemon crystal in a heartbeat

Years
  • So I updated my Poke Transporter and tried it out, but I found out you can only transfer pokemon from Box 1... Soooo, I now have to withdraw and deposit all the pokemon I have from that box to another and them move my transfer pokemon to box 1..... Kinda sucks, but oh well...

Back