• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Very nice, Alistair! I really like this one. Everything is perfect, but the lighter areas of the grass look as if they were just scribbled in, and the flowers look sort of oddly shaped or coloured. Also, I'm not too fond of the lighter outlining for Shuckle (mainly the bottom), since the grass looks slightly darker, and it doesn't look like Shuckle is popping out from the grass.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    So, in recent news, I decided I was going to redo an old piece I did, in honor of HG/SS. It's the Shuckle pixel art I did a while back. I completely reshaded it and gave it a new background. I don't think it turned out too bad, but please give me feedback as to how I could improve it.

More Tiles from Me
    the reason you don't like it as much is because there is no definit outline on the shuckle. look at the pho tileset compared to your "Tileset 2" on the front page.

Years
    Well, as of now, the 32x32 set is on hold. I have been really busy lately, and they just take too much time to make.

I have asked permission from Kyledove, and I am going to be making my latest public tiles in his style. I was working on some new Acanthite tiles, but I reinstalled Windows and forgot to back them up. Of course, I am going to remake them to the best of my ability, but for now, here are some new tiles in Kyledove's new style. As with his tiles in this style, they are public use. Just remember to give credit, please (to both me and Kyledove).

More Tiles from Me

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Well, as of now, the 32x32 set is on hold. I have been really busy lately, and they just take too much time to make.

I have asked permission from Kyledove, and I am going to be making my latest public tiles in his style. I was working on some new Acanthite tiles, but I reinstalled Windows and forgot to back them up. Of course, I am going to remake them to the best of my ability, but for now, here are some new tiles in Kyledove's new style. As with his tiles in this style, they are public use. Just remember to give credit, please (to both me and Kyledove).

More Tiles from Me

very nice as usuall dude I must say im not sure if iv ever seen any building the shape that you have done the gym very nice, also it seems a little like an early version of the ones in hgss which is very nice, im sure these will make a lot of people happy including me nice job

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    Oh wow Alistair this is a great start. I love how its all looking. The gym is REALLY original and I love the roof and the colour-scheme, the tree is wonderful also!

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Just a small update. New tree and sign. Some maps coming soon.

More Tiles from Me
    Once again AMAZING job Alister! The only thing that bugs me is the tree. The top color where the tree has it's lightest shade is a bit too light.

Years
    Thanks for the comments, guys. Especially yours, Kyle, since it is your style. :)

Anyway, just another small update. This building took me a long time to get it to the point where I like it, so I am posting it now instead of waiting until I have more done. I also made a very small, incomplete map to show it off. Well, here we go.

More Tiles from Me

Map (Credit to Kyledove for some tiles and palettes)

More Tiles from Me

Tiles

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    Wow Alistair your tiles achieve higher levels of awesome every day.
    BTW, I'm using some tiles I found in the ROM Hacking Resources, including some I took out of the ROM Base on the bottom of the list. Credits to you of course, but I'm just wondering - all of the tiles in that base are yours right? FenderX just inserted? Gotta know who all to credit there.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The Kyledove styled buildings are amazing, but I don't have such similar feelings to the trees. It seems too big to be known as normal trees. I hope you use those palettes more, because they are very lively colours.

Years
    Yeh, I didn't really pay attention to the size when I was making the outlines to the trees. >.< That's why they are huge. Although I think they turned out a little better than they would have if I downsized them.

Anyway, a couple of days ago I posted an updated map on my dA account. I couldn't post it here, mainly because I just moved to my new apartment and I haven't had internet. Well, I managed to get signal from the church accross the driveway today, so I am going to post it now.

More Tiles from Me

I call it Greenwood. It is actually a newly developed town that serves as a resting point for trainers. The gym is the result of Grass-leader Violet's wanting to move to a more subtle environment. Notice how there are no marts or centers. That is due to the hospitality of the residents of the town. The bigger house is home to the Berry Trader, a woman who will exchange specific items on specific days for rare and exotic berries. She also makes PokéBalls out of Apricorns. As soon as I make grass tiles, I will make the "Before" map.

I know there are a few errors here and there, so please don't point them out to me. I really just don't want to fix them. Oh, and as you know, credit to Kyledove for some of the tiles used. Thanks a lot, bud!

Oh, and one last thing. Anything I map you can use in your fangame, ROM hack, whatever, too. I don't really use them for anything, so feel free.

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    The maps and tiles looks great, i want to see more maps tiles from you, good luck.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I don't think the grass pallette from Kyledove goes well with the one you are using. May I suggest making it a bit darker to try to match it with the trees.

Years
    Actually, that palette is his, too. I was going to mess around with the palettes a bit, anyway. I do like using my own stuff rather than having to rely on others'. That's not to say I don't enjoy using his style, though. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back