• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Tiles from Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
  • Hey Alistair. It's nice to see you're still at the great work.
    It seems you've definitely improved from the last time I viewed the thread(a half of a year ago).

I'm working on a Pokemon Comic and I was wondering, with your permission and where credit is due of course, if I could use some of your older tiles and some of your newer ones.

I know I have to steer clear of the tiles you mark as special permission and only for certain people so I'm just asking about the other ones which are public domain.

Of course, they are your tiles and your license clearly states you have the right to refuse me permission.
    If you say no then I won't bother you about them again.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Hey Alistair. It's nice to see you're still at the great work.
    It seems you've definitely improved from the last time I viewed the thread(a half of a year ago).

I'm working on a Pokemon Comic and I was wondering, with your permission and where credit is due of course, if I could use some of your older tiles and some of your newer ones.

I know I have to steer clear of the tiles you mark as special permission and only for certain people so I'm just asking about the other ones which are public domain.

Of course, they are your tiles and your license clearly states you have the right to refuse me permission.
    If you say no then I won't bother you about them again.

Plenty of people use Alister's tiles for comics. If your wondering which ones are for public use and which ones aren't, I cleary remember Alister saying that any tile not specificly stating that is not for public use, can be used. Then again Alister could have changed his rules about comics, but I don't think he did.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • It's alright now, I got him over PM and he said it's all good, that he just needed to know who was using them, etc and what for.

As for continued work Alistair, I wish you good luck, your stuff is excellent as always.

Merovin

Dragon Master!
    Years

• Those are some incredible tiles, I don't know what it is about them, but they really grab my attention. Everything seems to flow together nicely. Excellent work with these tiles.

Years
  • Well, I haven't really been spriting many tiles lately. I updated the set a while ago with an edit of an already existing building, but never posted it here. So, I will.

In addition to that, I am starting work on a pixel art comic. I made the main character, Harv, and here he is. I know it's lacking in detail, but I hope to improve as I sprite more.

More Tiles from Me

More Tiles from Me

Blue Beedrill

Im Beeeeding you.....
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2010
    Wow just when i thought wesly had the best tiles here then i see yours you two are masters of tile creating.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Hi, I was wondering if this map was good with some of your tiles....
    Yep. It's a good map in general. They're all his tiles all except the houses, and the mailboxes. Anyway great updates Alister. The only thing I dont like is the little grass. I know wild grass is hard to make, but you've done so good on the rest of your tiles, it would be ashame to make this one bad...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, so guys, I am thinking about not making tiles anymore. It is something that I have been thinking about for a while. No, it has nothing to do with the little squabble with Ravecat in the Game Dev section and no, it has nothing to do with people rarely using my tiles. I have just grown really bored with spriting tiles. That said, I am thinking about doing some bigger pixel projects, mainly to increase my skills. What would you guys say to that?

Oh, and Sab, that is my mailbox. ;)

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Oh, I understand your point... Well, actually I'm using your new set of tiles, mainly the buildings, I thought they were the best you released. Anyways, good luck on whatever you're going to do, good luck!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Okay, so guys, I am thinking about not making tiles anymore. It is something that I have been thinking about for a while. No, it has nothing to do with the little squabble with Ravecat in the Game Dev section and no, it has nothing to do with people rarely using my tiles. I have just grown really bored with spriting tiles. That said, I am thinking about doing some bigger pixel projects, mainly to increase my skills. What would you guys say to that?

Oh, and Sab, that is my mailbox. ;)

dude what ever is best for you is fine I look foreword to all of your work tiles or other wise, its all good :D

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    If you mean like the guy that has Bob on his shirt. No, it's not OK. Jk. Nah man, whatever floats your boat

Years
  • Old Stuff
    Spoiler:

Well, I edited the first post. I compiled a bunch of my stuff. It's still not all of it, but most of it anyway. Click here to see it if you want.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    His legs seem a bit short. Also, his back is a little odd the way its hunched, maybe you should straighten it out a bit

Years
  • I completely see where your coming from. His legs will definitely be elongated. About his back, I think that's because of the way I wanted him to be looking at you... Like he was studying your soul. Regardless, I will try my best to make it look better. I forgot to mention that there is an updated version in my first post. His left shoulder is redone, I gave him feet, and there are some more fixes that should be obvious once you look at it.

EDIT: One of my friends that I actually know in person is going to help me with it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alistair, your tiles are amazing.
    They're all really nice.
    Also, my hacks can't live without most of your tiles.
    You've also inspired me to make my own tiles.
    Please don't stop making tiles.

I hope you listen to me.:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back