• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Mossdeep Space Station

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, there was a Space Station in Mossdeep City. Although it wasn't too integral to the game, it still did help slightly throughout the story-line.

Anyhow, what are our thoughts on this place? When we had first seen it, did we take our time to explore deeply, or did we find ourselves getting out as soon as possible? If latter, why so? If it were up to you, what would you have done to make Space Station more outstanding?

As for me, I'm pretty neutral on it. Though, one thing I would definitely have done if the power were given, is make it so that we were able to actually visit space by using one of their rockets. Space is sort of a huge thing for Hoenn, as this is where Deoxys and Jirachi come from--two of its native legendaries, if I'm not mistaken--so going out there to do some exploring would be rather enjoyable, I feel.

Many of us had wanted this, I'm sure.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    In Ruby and Sapphire the Space Center is just there, doing nothing. I was a bit disappointed about that. I mean, a space center isn't just a normal building, it's something rare (Kanto and Johto didn't have such building), a way to explore space. In my opinion you can't just place such building doing nothing except for a location at which an NPC gives a Sun Stone.

It's good the Space Center got at least a minor role in the story of Emerald.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
    well it wasnt any use, looked a nice place in design and i expected more from it like rocket things scientists there chatting about how to send it on moon or maybe they could have a added a side quest of something getting stolen from there and you gotta find id it.

Years
    I always remembered wanting to go up into space when I saw the space station in RSE. I was disappointed when I found out that it didn't serve much purpose in the game.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Mmm, there wasn't much to say about the Mossdeep space station, though, it was really cool back at the time to speculate whether or not we could of gotten into space! never gotten to, but, it was a cool concept at the time. Though, if it held a sort of secret on where we could of met Jirachi or even Deoxys, I wiiiiish they could of put that in, at least in Pokemon Emerald, in which it'd be extraordinarily epic. *_*

They did kinda fixed this in OR/AS however, where the space station serves as part of the plot, but, I wish it served more purpose in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald in the long run, haha.

Cassette_Tape

Retro Fanatic
    Years
    I can remember rushing through that place :| and I would also think of the meteorites outside as they used to make me think why they were there and if there was some rare pokemon if you pressed A on them that it would make a alien burst out of the rock or something :P

Anyway I should be encountering that place soon when I get the money to get myself a GBA SP and a Ruby cartridge!

Years
    I think they could have done more with the Space Station, I expected more for sure. It's a stand out place in the City, and the game as a whole, and yet, in the story, we hardly get to do anything with it. It would be nice if they had put a bit more detail into the Station itself, because the interior was lacking in design. In the grand scheme of things, I believe it should have played a bigger part. As Ashley mentioned in the OP, I would've liked to have been able to use it to travel to space after the E4 or something and then encounter Jirachi and Deoxys that way.

Years
    I used to believe that the space station played a vital role in meeting and catching Deoxys, I believed the idea that you had to visit the station every week and get the rocket count up to 56 it was I think so when my internal battery ran out in my Emerald cartridge on count 55 I was understandably heartbroken :(

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
    I loved the Space Station. It was a neat place to go to even though it had no main role. Back then I really wished that going to space was possible. xD Would've made that game soo much more interesting for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    I think it was cool to add, and as a kid in my imagination they really did launch rockets to space. I wished also that we could go to space :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Throughout all three games I felt as though the space station was important, but nothing ever really happened there. It just seemed like an important landmark where something should happen. I remember there being so many rumors about Jirachi and Deoxys and them having something to do with the space station which I wanted to believe because it seemed like it should, but we all know how that goes.

Years
    I felt that the Space Center was a cool little exhibit, and in Emerald it was fun (albeit grueling) battling Maxie and Tabitha alongside Steven there. Kinda disappointing that you don't get to do much there, but they at least give you a Sun Stone from one of the Sailors.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I liked the space station, it was cool to look at even though you couldn't do anything in it in the original R/S. There wasn't even much to do in it until the Delta Episode in OR/AS which was cool but still pretty short. Like I wish we could have flown in one of the rocket ships or something, it would be strange for Pokemon but would be really cool to do though.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    When I first saw the place I explored the entire place and even talked to every person there. It's a pretty interesting place to be at. Well at least I think so.

Years
    To this day, I'm still disappointed that nothing really happened as the weeks went by, and each successful rocket launch went off at the Space Station. I think the first rumor that I remember hearing was that you could go to space after 99 or 100 successful launches (don't remember which) to go into space and battle Jirachi. I was obviously disappointed that nothing happened when I finally got to that point, considering that was nearly 2 years worth of rocket launches, haha.

Back