• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most frustrating puzzles/obstacles?

Alpha Snowdust

Eevee Enthusiast
    Years
    • She/Her or They/Them
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    *winces as she drops yet again in the Sky Pillar in Emerald*

Pokemon puzzles... are definitely interesting... from warp pads to rocks you have to push to cave-in floors. I do feel like they've gotten a bit easier over the years? What were the most frustrating puzzles, obstacles, etc. for you guys? How long did it take you to clear them?

For me, it would definitely be what I'm struggling with right now, the Sky Pillar in Emerald. It could be that my keyboard gets stuck sometimes (using an emulator). I remember struggling a bit with Nessa's gym challenge puzzle too (took me... I think a few hours?), and then wondering why it took that long after the fact. I struggle sometimes with warp pads too, mainly because I forget to keep track of which are which... but I usually end up figuring them out. Psychic type gyms scared me for this reason.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sky Pillar is comes to mind first for me too, idk why they thought that was ok. They changed the layout and removed the biking segment in ORAS though, so at least there's that. But I feel like there's another one, but I can't remember what it is.

Years
    • Seen today
    Silph Co with all the warp tiles and massive amount of rocket grunts. I still don't have it memorized after all these years.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    let's see... i had to get my cousin to do the gym puzzles for winona and tate/liza for me in sapphire lol i just couldn't figure them out. and then wallace's gym was so hard too. i brought my guide book to our summer day camp and my friend and i spent forever looking at that page until he figured it out and then drew the lines in so hard in my book that it bled through really far LOL and it was with pencil. i still have the book w it in there too. also candice's puzzle in dppt still gets me to this day, i'll be sitting there a while trynna figure it out. let's also not forget fantina's dp gym...i'm not good at math y'all

Years
    back in the days without internet, 100% the regi puzzles in RSE. GF was like "oh sure let's incorporate braille into a puzzle, on a console with a completely flat screen'. my copy of emerald didn't come with a manual so i literally had no idea what any of it meant until several years later ugh.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    So, I might be a rare-ish breed but I actually do enjoy ice slide puzzles and strength puzzles, what I don't like is when those puzzles are much bigger than the screen or I need to mess with the third dimension - dropping boulders from above is and will forever be where I draw the line.

Also, non-Euclidian connections. Screw those.
    Really, figuring out a warp tile maze is just frustrating.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Warp tile puzzles... and the one set of trivia questions in the Trick House RSE. Completely obscure questions at times there, seemed needlessly difficult to me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    that Ice gym in ruby or emerald. sky pillar you can at least leave if you get frustrated, i got stuck sliding on the ice, and realized I may never leave this place. 0-o

oh and that turnstyle thing in one of those flying gyms.

Back