• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

I did 5:30am to 6pm once...but only once. I had to get up for a second 5:30am start the following day, too. Unsociable hours are unsociable. One should work to live, not live to work D:

blue

gucci
    Years
    I had to work unsociable hours during the night alongside college in the daytime. I ended up quitting that job to focus on my education which is my main priority right now. I just find it really difficult to balance work and education at the same time tbh.

pkmin3033

It's great to get work experience whilst you study, but it's much easier to volunteer during the summer or something than try to juggle a job with it, I think. Voluntary work is easy credit for a CV...or so I'm told. I'll let you know if my current volunteering helps me get a job in the future when I'm allowed to start applying =P

Years
    I did some tutoring while I was in school. (Even that was too much time.) I think it helped me get the job I have now. Of course I work at a school so I don't know if it would help elsewhere.

Sirfetch’d

Think about how I felt working 12 PM to 10 PM at my old job...or even worse....8 AM ot 10 PM for roughly two weeks.

I have never felt so exhausted.

How are things going with your current job? Is your boss still an ass?

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Morning, guys! How's everyone?
    I wanted to stop by and share a tiny bit of hilarity;
    Most likely Uni talk, idk sometimes food and stuff

Jak the raptor sand shark tamer.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I haven't had a pizza in a very long time. It's been years. Although I think it might taste better in my imagination than my taste buds find it. Stuffed crust though, mmmm. I could eat that alone.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i'm all about the breadsticks and garlic bread, personally. otherwise just plain old cheese pizza is my favorite.

pkmin3033

I don't mind pizza...as long as it has a thick crust. I cannot stand thin crust pizza, and that is what my mother usually winds up buying, so I never get to have any ._.

...I wonder if there is a reason there...

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Pizza is a quite common meal for a university student that lives in a flat with 2 others and none of them really knows how to cook.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I really need to learn how to cook some decent meals before moving out to university. The alternative is microwaving ready meals and ordering take away most nights sooo

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Got a pizza place here that is always busy. Owner always there cooking fresh pies. Got so popular he opened a few more locations around the area.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pizza is a quite common meal for a university student that lives in a flat with 2 others and none of them really knows how to cook.

You can easily make your own though, much cheaper, really easy, and it can last for a lunchbox too :D

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Ramen. It will save you so much bank. Also instant mash. Some insta mash sucks but if you find the right one it's hard to tell the difference between it and the real deal. Plus it doesn't take half an hour.

Gabri

m8
    Years
    I mean, I know a couple of things. Like cooking rice and pasta, and I've found some cheap, decent instant potato mash. And grilling burgers. But I can't feed on that every day :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back