• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Which way should I train my Drifblim?

I'm running a mixed Drifblim and don't know which way I should be EV training it and want some opinions. (Note: This is for opinions on my EV spread, not on the move set)

So just for informational purposes, my Drifblim will be as follows:

Nature: Mild
    Item: Weakness Policy
    Ability: Unburden (REALLY struggled between this and Flare Boost)
    Moves: Phantom Force (I know it's two turn move, it's intentional. Sometimes I would want the opponent to switch, other times it's just buying time for the Drifblim as it's Defences are so low)
    Defog
    Weather Ball
    Acrobatics

So the whole strategy of this is to obviously bring it in with a weather team or when the opponents have set up a weather condition, but the part I'm having trouble with is this:

Should I train it 252 EVs in HP and 129 in Att and Sp Att, or should I max out both Att and Sp Att instead? In order for the strategy to work, I'm going to need to get hit by a super effective move at least once for both the Weakness Policy and Unburden to both activate, and also both defences are terrible so I want to give myself as much longevity as possible, so since a super effective hit will raise my Att, SP Att and Speed by 100% I initially figured maxing out my HP would be the most beneficial because of all that, but Drifblim has been the toughest thing for me to figure out what I want to do with so I just need to know which way to train it:

252 HP, 129 Att, 129 Sp Att
    6 HP, 252 Att, 252 Sp Att

And everyone who replies is welcome to one of my Drifloon breedjects if they want one to breed their own. It will be mild nature, 5IV to get you started on your way to breeding your own, will have the egg moves Weather Ball, Tailwind and Defog

So thanks to everyone who replies!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

I think it would be better to maximize Drifblim's bulk to ensure that Weakness Policy and Unburden active. Despite it's massive HP stat, its Defense/Sp.Defense are pretty low. Max HP investment alone doesn't save it from being OHKO'd:

252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Drifblim: 510-602 (101.1 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Drifblim: 356-420 (70.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Something like 252 HP/252 Sp.Defense/4 whatever will give it a chance to survive some super-effective hits. Electric, Ghost, and Ice attacks tend to lean towards the special side, and you'd need a +Defense nature plus max Defense EVs in order to survive physical super-effective hits; yours has a -Defense nature. WP and Unburden should hopefully still give it enough Speed and Attack/Sp.Attack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think it would be better to maximize Drifblim's bulk to ensure that Weakness Policy and Unburden active. Despite it's massive HP stat, its Defense/Sp.Defense are pretty low. Max HP investment alone doesn't save it from being OHKO'd:

252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Drifblim: 510-602 (101.1 - 119.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Drifblim: 356-420 (70.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Something like 252 HP/252 Sp.Defense/4 whatever will give it a chance to survive some super-effective hits. Electric, Ghost, and Ice attacks tend to lean towards the special side, and you'd need a +Defense nature plus max Defense EVs in order to survive physical super-effective hits; yours has a -Defense nature. WP and Unburden should hopefully still give it enough Speed and Attack/Sp.Attack.

Hmm, so just don't bother with upping it's Attacks at all and just max out it's HP and Sp Def. I never thought of that, I will definitely consider that course. Thank you!

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • -Psyshock
    -Hyper Voice
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp/Substitute/Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 24 Def/232 SAtk/252 Spe (lives 2 Psyshocks from Latios)
    Item: Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace

I have this pokemon Evs and done everything else I can't get hold of hyper voice and I don't a gen5 game is there anyway around this or any over move I could teach it thanks

Years
  • -Psyshock
    -Hyper Voice
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp/Substitute/Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 24 Def/232 SAtk/252 Spe (lives 2 Psyshocks from Latios)
    Item: Gardevoirite

I have this pokemon Evs and done everything else I can't get hold of hyper voice and I don't a gen5 game is there anyway around this or any over move I could teach it thanks

If you can't get Hyper Voice on Gardevoir, you can try this Choice Scarf set instead:

- Moonblast
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Healing Wish / Trick
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • If you can't get Hyper Voice on Gardevoir, you can try this Choice Scarf set instead:

- Moonblast
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Healing Wish / Trick
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

Is there anyway I can still use it as mega or should I got for another mega pokemon?

Years
  • Is there anyway I can still use it as mega or should I got for another mega pokemon?

Mega Gardevoir needs Hyper Voice to take advantage of Pixilate as the move gets a power boost and becomes Fairy-type which makes it gain STAB due to the ability. If you can't transfer from B2/W2 and you still want to use the Mega, you can wait for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire because move tutors have been confirmed to be returning and Hyper Voice will be one of the tutorable moves there.

Otherwise, go with the set I posted earlier.

Dereck_S

Veteran
    Years
  • So I'm building a Weezing for my team, I don't really have an effective wall for special attackers, I wanted to use a weezing with the following specs
    Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So I'm building a Weezing for my team, I don't really have an effective wall for special attackers, I wanted to use a weezing with the following specs
    Spoiler:
    Weezing is rather meh. It seems tempting to fix its special bulk, but really, Weezing is better off taking physical hits in the end. Also, that Weezing set is setup bait for special attackers and setting up with Stockpile makes it further setup bait:
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Sludge Bomb/Flamethrower
    -Protect/Pain Split/Flamethrower
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Black Sludge

Better special walls are Chansey/Blissey and Clefable:

Chansey/Blissey:
    -Aromatherapy/Heal Bell/Stealth Rock
    -Seismic Toss/Flamethrower (latter for Blissey only)
    -Soft-Boiled
    -Thunder Wave/Toxic
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Eviolite (Chansey)/Leftovers (Blissey)
    Ability: Natural Cure

Clefable:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Moonblast
    -Fire Blast/Flamethrower
    -Soft-Boiled/Moonlight
    Nature: Calm
    EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/96 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Unaware/Magic Guard

Come OR/AS, Mega Altaria becomes another option:
    -Hyper Voice/Return
    -Heal Bell/Perish Song/Toxic/Haze
    -Roost
    -Flamethrower/Earthquake/Perish Song/Toxic/Haze
    Nature: Calm/Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Altarite (?)
    Ability: Natural Cure

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2014
    move preference for dragonite

draco meteor with 90% accuracy and 130 base damage

or

dragon claw with 100% accuracy and 80 base damage

thanks in advance!:)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    On Dragonite, Dragon Claw is usually better than Draco Meteor because it's Attack is significantly higher than it's Sp.Attack, not to mention it can boost its Attack with Dragon Dance. You also don't have to worry about negative side effects with Dragon Claw. It's Sp.Attack is usable and it has some good special options, but idk how viable a mixed or special set is these days.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Adamant or Jolly Gyarados?

Hello everyone,

So I'm sure this question has been answered before, but I wasn't able to find a thread that talked about it? Which nature would be best for Gyarados, Jolly or Adamant? I'm leaning towards Jolly because of the speed increase, since Gyarados is kind of slow already. Sorry I'm still a noob lol, any advice/insight will be greatly appreciated!!! ... :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Mega Gardevoir needs Hyper Voice to take advantage of Pixilate as the move gets a power boost and becomes Fairy-type which makes it gain STAB due to the ability. If you can't transfer from B2/W2 and you still want to use the Mega, you can wait for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire because move tutors have been confirmed to be returning and Hyper Voice will be one of the tutorable moves there.
    Does this mean I will also be able to finally get a Pixilate Sylveon with Hyper Voice :D :D :D?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back