• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Streaming

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
  • Is there a music streaming service you love? Is there some that you just dont like, or wut about because they can never give you a song to like? What all music streaming services have you used over the years?

Me personally I have used Google play music, Iheartradio, pandora, youtube music, spotify, apple music, and probably soon to test out siriusxm. The first one i ever tried was probably apple music back when i first had my ipod touch, then when i started bringing a phone to school i got into google play music then got onto pandora and eventually switched to iheartradio. But used google play music for offline listening still throughout the iheartradio and pandora times (when i use to "buy" my music digitally) Then i eventually went to just pandora then it became a mix of pandora and iheartradio (IHR was mostly though for just streaming radio stations after a certain point) eventually got into spotify and well, it isnt terrible just not prefered i guess, it has a hard time calculating wut songs i will like and can hardly get em right no worse than youtube music though. I love youtube and when googleplay music discontinued i jumped onto yt music (which by this time i stopped using google play music because i had data to spare at this point and knew when ima get more). Youtube music the reason why i like it at all still is that it has a wide range of nightcore and random songs people can just straight up upload anytime, beyond that i hate it majority of the time. I turn on IHR, Pandora, Apple Music, Google play music (when it existed) and even the terrible suggestions for me spotify would get something eventually i like as it keeps playing on, but for some reason no matter how many songs i thumbs down on YT music i can never get a song that sounds good to me i have no clue why and just this week alone i probably thumbs down at least 100 songs through it, probably more. The recommended music on the actual page are pretty decent but when you let it auto play it just sucks, i have no clue why its like this when on the home page it can give me pretty decent music. As of right now though im using a mix of Pandora, IHR (mostly for radio stations really), Spotify (which only because i got 3 months for $10 total, might dip on it soon anyways), YT Music, and maybe soon siriusxm.

YT music this week is why i wrote this post, so im curious of yalls experiences with any music service, if they sucked, why you just wont use certain ones, wutever. Heres me hoping im not the only one has had this issue with a music service at all.

Years
  • I got a Spotify subscription, but for some reason barely ever use it and just keep instinctively using Youtube to stream lmao. I don't get me either.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I use Spotify but I'm not exactly over the moon with the service/selection. They have a lot I guess, but often don't have what I'm looking for, I guess what I like could be considered niche. Sometimes they have something I wouldn't expect them to and it's a nice surprise but I guess that's just the flip-side of the fact they often don't have whatever it is I'm looking for.

The day I pay for Youtube Music or Youtube premium will be the day I die.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • i said apple music in my original post, i meant itunes. But i am tempted to try apple music, since itunes was decently well back then. I did try Siriusxm, its great for a constant radio, like a legit radio but thats about it, i found myself hard to find stations i like and kept changing over stations i did like because it would play something i didnt like a lot anyways. Guess i really am just very picky on my music. my issue with youtube music is still happening, im trying to dwendle down my music services but gosh its hard because im always bouncing around services.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I was on Soundcloud for a while but finally switched to Spotify in January. They had a lot more options from the artists I wanted to listen to, since they post more on Spotify. That said, there are some artists that don't post on Spotify but do on Soundcloud, which is unfortunate because there are some songs I want to listen to that aren't on Spotify...

I also have a playlist on Youtube of songs I listen to. I have some songs on there that aren't on either of the platforms, so that's where I'd have to listen to them.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I was on Soundcloud for a while but finally switched to Spotify in January. They had a lot more options from the artists I wanted to listen to, since they post more on Spotify. That said, there are some artists that don't post on Spotify but do on Soundcloud, which is unfortunate because there are some songs I want to listen to that aren't on Spotify...

I also have a playlist on Youtube of songs I listen to. I have some songs on there that aren't on either of the platforms, so that's where I'd have to listen to them.

Definitely find myself playing the songs I can't find on spotify on my youtube app on my TV or on my Playstation.

I just don't have the energy I had for downloading tons I music I had back in the early 2000s. I guess one thing these services have done well is at least making piracy massively inconvenient by comparison.

Back