• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MW2 on XBL now hacked, as well

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
Years
  • For a second I thought it was actually the network, not a game.
    I have a theory that Nintendo is behind all this. Actually, they are probably just trying to keep it low, which explains why they haven't taken down the entire Xbox live network yet. Just you wait...

Years
  • The thread title's wording tricked me.

My friend has already been doing this but he just does it to everyone in his lobby rather than for a particular reason.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • For a second I thought it was actually the network, not a game.

This. Thread title should be changed...it's already misleading as it is, and given the current PlayStation Network issue right now, I suspect that most people walking into this thread will think the same thing that happened to PSN happened to Live as well. >_>

Also, as someone commented earlier, phishing isn't technically hacking. This is more of a glitch exploitation than a breach of a secured system.

I thought that as well, man that would've been hilarious... It would suck but it would also be quite funny at the same time.

It would be a bit amusing that it occurred so close to the PSN hacking incident. But it would suck as well; essentially being a terrible week for gamers. :\

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • So it's just Modern Warfare 2 and not the whole entire network? Glad I don't play it on xbox live. Man, these hackers can't seem to give up. That would've been a bit scary if the network was hacked.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I don't really care all that much. Heh I haven't played mw2 since Blops came out.

I also thought Live was down. That would suck.

Years
  • The title really needs to be changed, as I thought live was down too. xD

Mw2 being hacked on Xbox too? Well, I can tell you that'll be fixed soon. Because Mw2 on ps3 was being hacked a few months ago, but then we had an update and nobody could hack it anymore. Then they said that they'll do an update for Xbox a few months later.
    So, just expect an update soon.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • There we go, thread title changed. Not the best title, but whatever, it works. XD

All I can say is... welcome to 2009. 10th prestige lobbies, and lobbies to lower your rank was there since the game came out. Being able to lower or up someone's level is no surprise.
    I just wish these people would get a life. The people who do the Modding, and the hacks on anything, I mean you have to be sad to spend your time hacking something like PSN just to get a kick out of it. Or have to be messed up in the head to say "I'm trying to prove a point, I'm going to make millions of people mad/sad but I'll be happy".

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Oh well, it's not like Modern Warfare 2 can get much more broken anyways.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    The game isn't maintained like it used to be, eventually a hacker will make their way around any systems the game has integrated into them, MW2 has pretty much been abandoned in terms of support, and thus hacking is easier, with less chance of getting caught, etc
    Black ops is a brand new game, that is still selling thousands off the shelf per day, and so they want to keep it up to standard.
    Try playing Cod4 if you still have it, I'd say 1 in every 5 or so games someone is using hacks on there now.
    It's just the way it is, I've never been a massive fan of MW2, but my dad plays it, no wonder my k/d is terrible..., but it always was an easily exploited game in comparison to 4 and even WAW, which was horrible I think.

Years
  • I have a theory that Nintendo is behind all this. Actually, they are probably just trying to keep it low, which explains why they haven't taken down the entire Xbox live network yet. Just you wait...

Sony and Nintendo are NOT competitors. Sony and Microsoft are.

Being on a PC platform, I'm pretty comfortable that Steam has had every precaution taken when being built up.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Sony and Nintendo are NOT competitors. Sony and Microsoft are.

Being on a PC platform, I'm pretty comfortable that Steam has had every precaution taken when being built up.

Well, they are competitors, just not going at it for the exact same market of gamers like Microsoft and Sony. Though Microsoft seems to be trying to move to taking Nintendo's audience with its lack of any actual good games and emphasis on that Kinect.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I'm glad I don't play MW2 as much as I used to. Mind you, there have always been dodgy messages received from playing that game. Like 'Insta 10th Prestige' and stuff.

Back