• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2018
    How much work would it be to implement an updated frontier???

That's all this game needs to be perfect :x :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Hi guys, I played both nameless firered and theta emerald EX. I would like to ask, does breeding with destiny knot and power items work in theta emerald? I believe that works in nameless firered. Im determined to get a 5 iv pokemon in theta emerald(works in nameless firered). I know some suggest to do the breeding in nameless firered then trade over to theta emerald. I wish i could too. But someone mentioned about the moves' bugs in trading. And WORSE, after trading with theta emerald, my tms/hms in theta emerald all disappeared! Thus i do not want to risk the trading for perfect ivs. My goal is to get 5 ivs in theta emerald without cheats and trading. Anyone can help me? Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Hi guys, do you know where to get items such as eviolite and rocky helmet? I cant seem to find them.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hi guys, do you know where to get items such as eviolite and rocky helmet? I cant seem to find them.

They're available from the merchant inside Cerulean Cave, only accessable after the Sevii Islands quest I believe.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    I noticed that mega evolutions does not work in double battles. The icon still appear as per normal but when i press start my pokemon didnt mega evolve. Hope this will be fixed.

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Just starting this hack looks super promising, but if I pick the frog will I be able to trade it soonish for a protean frog?
    I noticed that mega evolutions does not work in double battles. The icon still appear as per normal but when i press start my pokemon didnt mega evolve. Hope this will be fixed.
    Don't count on it, mega code is pretty complex, but original author may be able to fix it if you reach up to him.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Just starting this hack looks super promising, but if I pick the frog will I be able to trade it soonish for a protean frog?
    Don't count on it, mega code is pretty complex, but original author may be able to fix it if you reach up to him.
    Yeah, im just reporting that bug so he will look at it. Tbh, i still love this rom hack so far though there are minor glitches:D. Will be even better if those are fixed. No rush tho but definitely looking forward to it.
    For your question, u can get protean froakie as a gift from oak after u beat elite four or trade with someone at cinnibar i think

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Ok i noticed something weird when ev training speed with beldum with power anklet, when i fought a trainer at sevault canyon near the house 2 times, i didnt get the correct evs after fighting all 5 pokemon. Suppose to get 70 speed evs cus 5*(3+4)*2. But i got lesser. I had to use 5 carbos to make it 100 evs when it was suppose to be 3. Not sure if anyone faces this. Wild pokemon seems to work fine.

TheOtherLuxray

A Luxray of Sorts
    Years
    • No
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    I love this hack and the features it has, but I find some aspects of it unfair and frustrating. I'm sure at least a few of these aspects have been touched on, but as I do not have the time nor energy to read 30 pages of thread posts, I'll put what I have on my mind down anyway.

I find it unfair that two of Brock's pokemon are Amura and Tyrunt, the former especially. The moves it knows hard counters any starter you pick, while it's typing ensures that your own starters will be extremely hard pressed to fight back. If nuzlocke-ing (as I have been trying to), this is effectively a death sentence as the rest of ones team, 9 times out of 10, will be bugs, birds, and dogs. 10 out of 15 nuzlocke attempts I've made have failed at this point because of those pokemon, requiring extensive level grinding, which is not fun.

I find it frustrating how certain pokemon evolve. Gurdurr, for example, per this hack, evolves upon learning Superpower. I'm sure you have a reason why, but the result of this decision is that it evolves at level 57 into Gurdurr because that is when it naturally learns the move. The move would be available with the move reminder, but as they are on Two Island, the longer route is the only way to get it before the elite four (and it is quite fragile until then, which is bad for nuzlockes... a running theme). Another pokemon hurt by evolution changes is Slowbro; normally it will evolve from Slowopoke at level 37, but now it evolves at a specific location in the bottom of Sea Foam Island. I do not know why you chose to do this (trolling perhaps? I didn't find it funny if so), but it is frustrating to evolve it if you go in this hack blind.

It was touched on earlier, but something else that is frustrating is the lack of a move reminder before the elite four (due to them being located on two island). Certain pokemon's best moves require a visit to the move reminder in order to be learned, which can be crippling to a nuzlocke to have them without those moves before going into the E4. Talonflame, for example, learns Flare Blitz ONLY through the move reminder, while the only other way it can only get Brave Bird is at level 64. That is difficult to achieve at the end even with the exp share (genuinely love the way it works in this hack though).

The last frustration I wish to raise is... the E4 themselves. Even at the beginner setting, they start at the 60s in level and get as high as the 70s, with competitive teams and pokemon. On paper, this sounds awesome... until put in practice. The level of grinding required to meet the challenge WITHOUT doing a nuzlocke is high: pokemon have to be at least level 70 themselves. As a nuzlocke, however... it's effectively impossible. Despite level grinding past level 70, I have failed twice to beat the elite four, wiping and failing the nuzlocke.

I tried to nuzlocke this hack 15 times. 10 times I failed as a result of Brock's first team. 2 times I failed to beat the elite four, because the difficulty curve with them gets too high too fast. The other 3 times I failed as a result of some of my own admitted blunders. I have yet to succeed in nuzlocking this hack, and I am seriously demotivated to do so.

That said there ARE quite a few features I appreciate about this hack. The EXP share is wonderful, the pokemon selection and variety is fantastic, the new move tutors and TMs are amazing (even if they can't fully alleviate the need for a move tutor before the E4), and the team changes are delightfully challenging (except Brock and the E4). Also, forgettable HMS!

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    guys anyone has managed to get garchompite? I been searching for hours and still no luck. How many mega stones in total can be obtained? I feel like cheating the garchompite since I cant find it. I really want a mixed sweeper mega garchomp. Can anyone help me ?

Years
  • guys anyone has managed to get garchompite? I been searching for hours and still no luck. How many mega stones in total can be obtained? I feel like cheating the garchompite since I cant find it. I really want a mixed sweeper mega garchomp. Can anyone help me ?

All mega stone randomly spawns on grottoes but it's pretty rare. My advice just go with cheating haha. I'm lazy but its really up to you. Happy stone hunting

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    All mega stone randomly spawns on grottoes but it's pretty rare. My advice just go with cheating haha. I'm lazy but its really up to you. Happy stone hunting

Yup i know they spawn randomly, so far i managed to find mega stones like salamencite and metagrossite. Maybe i was just too unlucky to get it. Anyways do u know any cheat codes for mega stones? i only know some is from 290 to 29F (Last 3 digits of action replay), but I still cant find the code for garchompite...:(

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Yup i know they spawn randomly, so far i managed to find mega stones like salamencite and metagrossite. Maybe i was just too unlucky to get it. Anyways do u know any cheat codes for mega stones? i only know some is from 290 to 29F (Last 3 digits of action replay), but I still cant find the code for garchompite...:(
    I was also searching where are certain items coded, mainly TMs and mega stones, heres your garchompite 2A9, you were pretty close :) btw the gym leaders are super hard, beat brock with luck after like 15 tries, then misty pretty much raped me and now Lt. Surge which my whole team is weak to.

Back