• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New 14 minute Scarlet and Violet video reveals gameplay, Farigiraf

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Honestly, they could have shown more. 14 minutes is a long time for barely anything new. It was basically all the same stuff we saw in the past.

But there is at least 3 hidden pokemon in the trailer on the minimap that they don't officially reveal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I take that back, 4 pokemon were revealed. We also see, most likely, the pre evo of the armor and sword pokemon. (Possibly 6)

As for the evo of Girafarig. I like that it got an evo, but he is kinda borning. Probably because I've known about it since July and was the very first leak that began everything and was impossible to avoid because it was everywhere. And no one expected the leaks.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Pretty awesome trailer! Still not convinced about the gameplay changes (especially the TM Machine and Egg mechanics), but there were lots of good things. Farigiraf is pretty much everything I didn't know wanted from a Girafarig evolution. I frickin' LOVE how its second head became like a hoodie, it's so cute! Speaking of cute, Miraidon continues to be adorable.

It's rather strange we don't have any new human characters introduced but seeing more of Brassius and his Gym Mission made my heart soar. Somehow, he looks even better now than when he was introduced.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    • Confirmed the Experience Share from Quaxly's auto battle. Functions like usual.
    • Appreciates the destination function. May be a basic thing, but nice regardless.
    • Likes the wild Tera Pokemon. Fills a similar bit of randomness as shining Pokemon in Sword/Shield.
    • Confirmed sending all three Pokemon out for autobattling in Team Star bases. Displayed no timer for Mela's battle, however.
    • Looks difficult to make Technical Machines. Requires defeating a very specific Pokemon (Azurill and Teddiura just for Charm?). Appears to be able to exchange materials for League Points, but not the other way around.
    • Demolished Titan Klawf. Also ran, though. May become more difficult after rematches or something.
    • Likes Farigaraf well enough. Interpreted it more as an astronaut helmet.
    • Was not the only one to notice those unrevealed Pokemon on the minimap. Mistook the house-thing for a landmark.
    • Play Rough for a level 20 Fidough? Checked out other learners. Notes Lillipup at level 20. Where do you go from there, though? What else good is there to learn? (Also, Flying Terastallize versus a Sudowoodo? Uh...)
    • Was that a male or female trainer in the customization screen? Or does it not matter? Approves of all the options too.
    • Is that egg from among your eligible Pokemon, or just some random egg? Hopes for the latter for randomization purposes.
    • Seems like a very simple sandwich minigame.
    • Wait wait wait. Showed a Paldean Wooper before making the sandwich.
      New 14 minute Scarlet and Violet video reveals gameplay, Farigiraf
      Why is it normal now? Stayed normal for the picture afterward too. Indicates being able to obtain multiple regional types...probably.
    • Only five seconds for revival in a Tera Raid Battle? Or is that just an editing cut?
    • What is the "Callouts" command (on the - button) during the Tera Raid Battle? Are you able to say "Hey, debuff it!" or something?
    • Oh, actual expressions on player characters (beyond the camera mode)? Moved away from Sun/Moon times.

Pretty interesting trailer overall.

Years
  • The girafarig evo made me burst out in laughter when it came on screen xD
    Not sure if I'm gonna use one, but it's an amusing design.

Picnicking with your mons is pretty much just camping, but now with a bench instead of a tent. Should still be enjoyable. I spent way too much time camping with my mons in Sword/Shield xD
    The sandwich thing looked annoying though tbh.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • For their own good, I hope there's the chance to make a proper Bocata de calamares -the single most typical Madrid food-, or else we riot.

New 14 minute Scarlet and Violet video reveals gameplay, Farigiraf

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • According to one of the leakers, the reason the normal Wooper is there is because it was a Test Trailer. They weren't supposed to use it, which is why there was so many background new pokemon seen.

Wooper is probably in the game, but you will have to trade Paldean for normal at some point. At least that is how they have handled regionals.

Latios

Editor of the Johto Times newsletter
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I really enjoyed the trailer, and I thought the Farigiraf design looked quite faithful to something we would have seen in Generation 2 games. I like it!

Back