• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Galarian Forms?

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Alola gave us Alola forms, which I was pretty hyped for them bringing into another game. Honestly if they had to decide between megas or galarian forms I'd rather have these!

Galarian Hoothoot and Noctowl could be snowy owls! Or creepy dark owls that reside in the woods that we seen in the trailer.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know if they will bring them back, but if they did. I can imagine there being Galarian Skiddo and Gogoat and as you said Galarian Hoothoot and Noctowl, although I'd prefer Snowy Owl to be it's own pokemon.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • As Galar is quite cold, having variants of Hoenn Pokémon would make sense (Pine Tree Tropius? Some variant of Shroomish and Breloom for the dark forest with the giant mushrooms that can be seen in the map? Fire-Ice Camerupt? White shark Sharpedo? There could be many possibilities...) given that it was the most tropical region so far excluding Alola. Those, or Johto Pokémon - though imho Hoothoot isn't likely to be one, given that the trailer already had the regular one in. Anyway, please GF no variants of Kanto Pokémon, or just a small number of them.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    My prophecy is complete! Who else should get a Galar form?? Noctowl please!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    I think Sentret and Furret deserve something too! I mean, Zigzagoon and Linoone get Galar forms and apparently a Galar evolution, so Sentret and Furret should definitely get something in this gen or the next!

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I think Sentret and Furret deserve something too! I mean, Zigzagoon and Linoone get Galar forms and apparently a Galar evolution, so Sentret and Furret should definitely get something in this gen or the next!

I agree :) Sentret needs some love too if Zigzagoon is getting some!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Also what's up with the trend that pokemon are gaining the dark type? Like Alolan Meowth and Rattata, Galarian Zigzagoon, Alolan Grimer, that hamster pokemon with the form change

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • If Weezing's got an Galarian form I hope Arbok will, too.
    I hope this is an situation; So Jessie and James will both have their original Pokemon in regional form.

Years
  • honestly I'm not even particularly that picky with Galar reigonal forms as long as the Pokemon chosen are more or less underrated 'mons that are given a second chance to shine.

also, more non-Gen I representation pls. seeing Galar Zigzagoon really surprised me as I thought all of the cool gimmicky stuff was for Kanto 'mons only. Happy to see this isn't the case.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, it is great to see a non-gen-1 Pokemon get a regional form (and evolution... poor regular Linoone though).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If Galarian forms are a thing now, I guess it means that regional variants are going to be a recurring thing and not one of many features that Game Freak makes only to scrap it the next generation

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    If Galarian forms are a thing now, I guess it means that regional variants are going to be a recurring thing and not one of many features that Game Freak makes only to scrap it the next generation

I mean, possibly? Megas were around for a lil bit before they got scrapped.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • please give qwilfish something... Qwilfish is so forgotten. Can it get a Galar form?

...Also, honestly, if this weren't a real thing now, I probably would have not believed the rumor that had been going around since MARCH about this. It's crazy to think this is actually real now, and it's not just Kanto Pokemon!

....Also, Galarian Wheezing being part Fairy is so funny. Remember the rumors back then about Alolan Wheezing being a thing that never happened? I'm glad Wheezing had something happen for it.

Years
  • I think the Sentret line and Yungoos Line should get a regional form. I mean, in one of the descriptions for yungoos it does say it was imported from a far away region. I kind of want to see at least one or two Pokémon (whether it be stand alone or an evolutionary family) get a Galarian forms. And maybe a few more of the regional evolutions like Linoone and Obstegoos

Years
  • Sentret, definitely! I'd be curious to see how a mischievous, KISS-like Sentret line would look like, if they end up getting similar treatment to Zigzagoon lol. Plus I love Sentret and it's been ages since I actually had a chance to use it. It pales in comparison to the new Pokémon that've been released. Deserves a bit more spotlight.

Perhaps the Lotad and Seedot line too? I can't even begin to imagine what they'd look like and even though they're based on Japanese fairytale characters, it would be cool to see them re-imagined for Galar and get a bit more love again. This is probably more wishful thinking though, and something that has very little chances of actually happening.

oh, and stantler!! Unlike the two above, I can actually see it getting a Galarian form

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • I can see some canine Pokemon getting a Galar form, like Houndour or Poochyena.
    I just hope that they simply don't slap the Dark type on everything, it seems to be a trend. That said I love Galar Zigzagoon and Linoone and that Weezing is so silly that I can't help but love it.

Back