• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon: Salandit

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • My thoughts exactly. IF this CAN hit steel types with Poison moves then Jesus Christ we have one of the biggest meta-breakers in history. However if not then great you can Toxic a Heatran/Ferrothorn. Woo.

The problem lies in the way the ability can potentially work. As an example: Talonflame is VERY good in its meta because it has a very powerful Ability which makes its 4x weakness seem a smaller flaw than perhaps it should be. However - entirely speculation - Salandit looks to be a really offensive Pokemon so running a move used primarily by defensive Stall Pokemon such as Toxic seems like a potential (key word) waste of a slot. However I suppose I am basing this off the way the meta has been shaped so far and as we all know somehow the meta is going to probably so another backflip and that might mean Salandit becomes really good (which considering it's leaked I imagine it will be designed thus so.)

I also hope it gets an Evo. I reckon it will look killer.
    I would've preferred if it worked like that too. In Gen VI speculating I had an ability with that name in mind, but it allowed all poison moves to hurt steel types, not only toxic and other poison type status moves.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • It's adorable, and I want a team of seven the second I get access to it.

Look at that happy little face. He knows that you know he wants you dead, but that you love him anyway.

Years
  • So far, this is my favorite new Pokemon. Love it and the ability. I hope it has an evolution.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • This Pokemon... I loved the type, the ability, but when I saw it sitting down... It might be one of my favorite Pokemon ever. Right under Marowak. We'll see if/how it's going to evolve.

This generation brings a lot of new abilities. I like that!

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • I'm so excited. It's going in my team. Poison/Fire is the perfect counter to Fairy-types and seems very cool *laughs in evil way*
    About corrosion ability I can see most steel-types having a bad time from afar, maybe even lose their current tier rating

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    When it comes to the Ability, we have to consider Salandit's stats along with any other Pokémon who gets the Ability. If Salandit is the only Pokémon that gets the Ability and it's slow and frail, most of the top-tier Steel-Types will just OHKO it with Earthquake anyways, effectively rendering the Ability null and void.

That being said, I want to know why they based this guy on a bandit. What is it stealing? Aside from the toxic gases and such maybe acting like a smokescreen, I hope it evolves and becomes a little more sneaky and actually does bandit-like things. I can imagine its Hidden Ability would be Pickpocket.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • When it comes to the Ability, we have to consider Salandit's stats along with any other Pokémon who gets the Ability. If Salandit is the only Pokémon that gets the Ability and it's slow and frail, most of the top-tier Steel-Types will just OHKO it with Earthquake anyways, effectively rendering the Ability null and void.
    That being said, I want to know why they based this guy on a bandit. What is it stealing? Aside from the toxic gases and such maybe acting like a smokescreen, I hope it evolves and becomes a little more sneaky and actually does bandit-like things. I can imagine its Hidden Ability would be Pickpocket.
    Oh yes that's correct. Maybe I got too excited. I'm still hyped anyways because I will kill the Fairies and strongly resist Fairy-type attacks :) And pickpocket ability would be really cool.

Years
  • When it comes to the Ability, we have to consider Salandit's stats along with any other Pokémon who gets the Ability. If Salandit is the only Pokémon that gets the Ability and it's slow and frail, most of the top-tier Steel-Types will just OHKO it with Earthquake anyways, effectively rendering the Ability null and void.

I think Salandit's sleek body means it can't be very slow. Most fast Pokemon tend to have slimmer bodies so I probably expect it having good attacking stats and Speed.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think Salandit's sleek body means it can't be very slow. Most fast Pokemon tend to have slimmer bodies so I probably expect it having good attacking stats and Speed.

It definitely does have the chance to be fast but at this point nothing is for certain. Mega Kangaskhan, with her small legs, large build, and baby in tow is still faster than the quadruped, Extremespeed-boasting Arcanine by 5 BST. And Dedenne is faster than Mega Kangaskhan. Sometimes stats can be... not as most would expect.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Love Salandit ♥ Definitely adding this one to my main team. The type combination is a tad niche and honestly feels quite impractical to find use for in a competitive atmosphere but hopefully his stats and/or evolution(s) will make up for it. Nevertheless, it's an adorable Pokémon and it looks like one with a lot of personality which is just fab in my books!

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Salandit is probably not going to have the best of stats. That ability makes it very powerful, so it should have stats that even things out a bit. Probably a special attacker with decent speed, good defense, and poor special defense.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Salandit is probably not going to have the best of stats. That ability makes it very powerful, so it should have stats that even things out a bit. Probably a special attacker with decent speed, good defense, and poor special defense.

I can see this Pokemon evolve in something powerful, but he might lose this ability. Poison Point maybe?

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • I can see this Pokemon evolve in something powerful, but he might lose this ability. Poison Point maybe?

It would be neat to see Salandit get another ability on the side, but no, regarding Salandit losing Corrosive upon evolution (if that's what you mean!)—I highly doubt that would be the case. Game Freak wouldn't want to make a new Pokémon with a brand-new ability, show it off (it was shown off a looot in Salandit's reveal) just to have the new Pokémon's evolution ditch that, don't think they've ever done that. Definitely hoping for Poison Point or something similar (Flame Body? I doubt it but it'd be neat too~) as a second ability. I wonder what Salandit's Hidden Ability will be, though.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • It would be neat to see Salandit get another ability on the side, but no, regarding Salandit losing Corrosive upon evolution (if that's what you mean!)—I highly doubt that would be the case. Game Freak wouldn't want to make a new Pokémon with a brand-new ability, show it off (it was shown off a looot in Salandit's reveal) just to have the new Pokémon's evolution ditch that, don't think they've ever done that. Definitely hoping for Poison Point or something similar (Flame Body? I doubt it but it'd be neat too~) as a second ability. I wonder what Salandit's Hidden Ability will be, though.

Salandit might not be the only one with his new Ability?
    But I think Salandit won't lose Corosion either. But we never know ;)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Now give us a fire electric Pokemon

New Pokémon: Salandit

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    The design actually looks really cool. I love the Fire/Poison typing combo and we've yet another unique ability that breaks the mould! I have a feeling that Salandit will be one of the main Pokemon used by the antagonist team.

Back