• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon: Salandit

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2016
    Ground x4.
    1 Earthquake and gg.

Even so it's a funny pokemon.

Years
  • Salandit's weaknesses and resistances if you're wondering. Italics indicates 4x.

Weak to:
    Water, Rock, Psychic, Ground

Resists:
    Grass, Bug, Poison, Fairy, Fighting, Ice, Steel

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Even though I'm choosing Litten as my starter, I'm tempted to add Salandit to my team. It just looks really great. I'm interested in trying it out.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • aw, it's so cute I love it! I'm here for anything that can make a Zubat suffer like no other, tbh.

Years
  • A pokemon that has a ability to poison a steel and poison type pokemon??? Kick***! He's definitely in my team.

My team so far:
    Rowlet
    Grubbin
    Rockruff
    Salandit

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • I like its typing and its ability but i gotta wonder if its evolution will be cool enough :3

Years
  • You know, now that I think about it, I wonder if it's ability allows it to hit Steel types with Poison type attacks that aren't Toxic....like Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, etc.

I was also thinking about that. It could likely only apply to the Poison status but it would be interesting if Corrosion allowed Poison-type attacking moves to hit Steel-types as well.

Anyways, I looked back at the trailer and I think the move Salandit used on Rockruff was actually Dragon Rage. So I guess I can confirm it learns three moves so far - Dragon Rage, Incinerate and Toxic. If Dragon Rage is an indication, maybe it could learn other Dragon-type moves like most reptilian-based Pokemon do.

Last edited:

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Salandit is really awesome! I really want to play with it, see what it can do! So far Slandit and Bruxish are the two pokemon that have been revealed that I absolutely have to play with in the new game! Their overall appearance is attractive to me, their abilities are incredibly complicated and fascinating, and their typing are just extremely good. Great reveal, surprisingly unexpected, I would maybe even describe as suspicious(?). Why Slandit, why by himself, and why today? Weird... still great reveal!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Man, so many people were hyped about this reveal, it crashed the site for a few hours!

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Aaa Salandit! I saw the reveal of this little guy very shortly after it was posted on YouTube (by the Pok?mon Company) and good looord I'm so excited. One of my favorites revealed so far! ? Poison/Fire is such a nice type, though Ground-type moves like Earthquake will faint it easily unless it has Air Balloon. Been waiting for this type and an ability like that for a looong time and the ability seems super cool, looking forward to poisoning some Skarmories... or as shown in the official Pok?mon Company video, level 50 Zubats. ='p

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This Fire type will definitely to be on my team if I didn't choose Litten as my starter (unless we get a better Fire type). But one other thing:

Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pok?mon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit?s will.

Ah geez, we got another mon that's gonna hit hard with R34. >_<

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • All I can say is my dream has finally become a reality! I have been begging for a Poison /Fire type for years and it has finally happened! I can't wait to use it in-game. I may just have another challenger for favorite Pokemon to compete with Buizel and Infernape. ^_^

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Salandit looks really awesome, great design and typing - I may end up giving it a chance

Years
  • You know, I think Salandit could be something I imagine being used a lot by the villainous team because well, they tend to use Poison-types.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • You know, I think Salandit could be something I imagine being used a lot by the villainous team because well, they tend to use Poison-types.

If that happens, we can't expect to underestimate the villains in Sun and Moon.
    More competitive gameplay from NPC then! The hype is real..

Years
  • I am absolutely in love with Salandit. It's ability makes it even more challenging to take down. I reckon Salandit would be a fan favourite in competitive battling.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Salandit is awesome in every way possible. Its name (although Salamandit would sound better), its design, its typing, its ability, AND its cry make it one awesome Pok?mon. I also love how it sits during battle.

Also I can't help it but Salandit reminds me so much of Swiper the Fox.

Anyway, awesome. It's a salamander with a burglar mask that can poison anything and throw flames. What's not to love?

Back