• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon: Salandit

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
  • Yay, a new pokemon!
    Also, did you notice how the poison symbol in the battle system now only shows when the pokemon is actively taking damage from poison?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Salandit looks very cool! But I probably won't use it, because I'm most likely picking Litten as my starter. It may have a chance in my Rowlet team, though.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Fire/Poison immediately makes this a Pokemon I will be using on my team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    So, salamander + bandit?
    I like his mischievous face. And that's a really cool typing.

I'm really liking most of the new Pok?mon. I might have to break down and get both versions this time so I can do a Grass run and a regular run. Or maybe a nuzlocke...

Years
  • "Salandit emits toxic gas, together with flames, from the base of its tail. This poisonous gas has a sweet smell, and anyone who unknowingly breathes it in will become dizzy. Salandit is not a very powerful Pok?mon, but its cunning nature allows it to battle fiercely by throwing its opponents off balance. Salandit females not only release toxic gases, they can also emit pheromones that attract males of all species, including Pok?mon and humans. Inhaling these pheromones may cause opponents to be controlled by Salandit?s will."

Hmm, I am guessing the one in the video was a male? (The female form has to have a different model right?

Since half of the description includes the pheromones, I expect for the gender distinction to be significant.

Years
  • I hate to be that guy, but I'm not too impressed. I like the idea, but the execution leaves me with a pok?mon I doubt I will use unless it receives a cool evolution.

So far Rowlet is the only 'WOW' design I've seen, but Tapu Koko, Rockruff and Drampa are good. The rest are disappointing to say the least. Hopefully on average the designs are better than what we've seen so far.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I hate to be that guy, but I'm not too impressed. I like the idea, but the execution leaves me with a pok?mon I doubt I will use unless it receives a cool evolution.

So far Rowlet is the only 'WOW' design I've seen, but Tapu Koko, Rockruff and Drampa are good. The rest are disappointing to say the least. Hopefully on average the designs are better than what we've seen so far.

To be honest, I like the designs. Rowlet doesn't even seem that great to me anymore. And the only ones that have had a wow factor are the ones that were in that 7 pokemon batch. But I am one not to judge designs very harshley. Very few pokemon that I don't like.

Years
  • I'm really excited about Salandit! It's about time they gave us a Fire/Poison-type. I think its color scheme and facial expression look downright awesome! The whole design is very original and unique.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I really love it - I was wondering when we'd finally see a Poison type pok?mon and this hasn't let me down. Ability is really cool and I love the design. Just hope I like its final stage more than I liked Krookodile.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I've thought the Poison-typ[e was cool, but felt like I never had a good pokemon/reason to use it (Drapion in 4th gen, Crobat in 2nd gen as exceptions). But this 'mon strikes a chord with me. I'll more than likely use it for my first team! <3 I haven't even mentioned it's ability yet - corrosion? Can poison any typing? Yessssss, that is so cool and flavourful!

With how impressive Vikavolt and Salandit have come across, I have pretty high hopes for the quality of new Pokemon in these new games. I am getting more excited!

Now GameFreak, please make a cool and relevant ice-type <3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Anti-Meta mons abound. Zygarde's Thousand Arrows makes it one too as it impacts flying types. Now we only need a fire move or fire related ability that can burn fire types too, an ice one that can freeze ice types...okay ice isn't a high tier type nor is freezing... and so on with grass types and powder moves, electric and paralyzing moves, also a normal and fighting hitting ghosts. A ghost hitting normal types, Psychic hitting Dark type, and Dragon hitting Fairy.

Years
  • I like him a lot, I'll most likely be using this one on my first playthrough. And I can't wait to see Salandit on every member of the evil team in this game make my life a living hell by poisoning me all the time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    The coloring shows up again though.. Intrigues me about Litten's evolution line since it has the same coloring.. I would love Litten to become Fire/Poison, too. This pokemon could change into a Poison/Dragon... getting excited

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • This is so awesome. The vast majority of the current Poison types have had either a Bug or Grass secondary type, so it's a relief to see something different again because we don't have enough Poison types with unique typings. I really like its design and I also liked the field environment from where it was encountered.

Back