• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon and Regional Variants Speculation

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Every time we have a new generation, we are 100% going to have new pokemon as long as it is a main series game. In many cases, pokemon, in the given region, are based on animals, objects, or mythology from the area that the games are inspired by. For Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, while no confirmation, we are almost 100% going to be in a region based around Spain and Portugal.

In the case that this is not true, it does not specifically have to be about things found in the two countries. So how about we get started with some questions?

What animals would you like to see made into Pokemon?
    ~ I would love to see a boar pokemon that isn't standing on two legs.
    ~ I'd love to see a Genet. It is such a cute animal and would be awesome to see in Pokemon.
    ~ With so much water.... please give us a dolphin pokemon.... PLEASE.
    ~ Spain also seems to have a lot of ferret like pokemon, so while maybe not a new pokemon, maybe a new form for Furret and Sentret.

What Objects?
    ~ For me when I think of the Spaniards and Spain, I think of gold. Why? I do not know. But I would love to see Gold, Silver, and Copper Coin based pokemon.
    ~ I kinda want to see a ship based pokemon... I don't know how they could do it. But Latios and Latias were inspired by planes.

What Myths?
    ~ I think El Coco would be an amazing ghost or dark type pokemon. It is also a possible pokemon to get the Drifloon Treatment when it comes to children...
    ~ El Duende I think would also be good, but it might be too closely related to Impadip it its evolution line. But I'd love to see more mythical creature/monsters like this in pokemon.
    ~ Perez Mouse I think would be a cute fairy time given the fact they are basically the same as what most would consider the 'Tooth Fairy' This could possibly be a Legendary.

What Fossil Pokemon would you want to see?
    ~ Struthiosaurus/Ankylosaurs - The struthiosaurus was discovered in Spain and similar to a Ankylosaurs. It is a dino I've wanted for a long time and could easily be Fighting/Rock.
    ~ Parasaurolophus - This dino has been my favorite for a very long time, but was not discovered in Spain. I think it would probably fit a Canadian Region better. But I will always want it. Maybe it could be Fairy/Rock.

Do you think we will hit the 1000 Pokemon mark?
    Technically if you count every form, I think we are probably at 1000 if not over, but this is for the National Dex. Even though we probably won't have it in the games.

Personally, I believe we will come up short. I think they will save 1000 for the 10th Gen. Currently we are at 905. So 95 is a good chunk especially given the fact we are probably going to have Regional Variants that won't be counter in the 95.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I really want a gargoyle Pokémon so much. Kalos was a great region for mons but they lacked a proper gargoyle. :(

And maybe other myths like a cockatrice, griffin (I do love Silvally and I think it's a creative take on a griffin but I would love to see a traditional one), manticore, amphiptere, and more chimeras (a lion, snake, goat one would be so cool).

Years
  • - Bull (would make an amazing legendary)
    - Dolphin (please, it has been ages!)
    - Spanish ibex
    - Genet! ❤️

Going to agree with gold/coins too - that is honestly a very cute idea for new Pokémon.

These come to mind right now.

I really want a gargoyle Pokémon so much. Kalos was a great region for mons but they lacked a proper gargoyle. :(

Absolutely yes please

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    - Dolphin (please, it has been ages!)

Psychic/Water Dolphin - been wanting it since gen II.

I really hope we get a fossil based on the Baryonyx, by far the coolest dinosaur discovered in Spain. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Psychic/Water Dolphin - been wanting it since gen II.

I really hope we get a fossil based on the Baryonyx, by far the coolest dinosaur discovered in Spain. :)

I completely forgot about fossils. And it is one of my favorite things to speculate. I'm gonna add that question to the list. I really really want a Parasaurolophus pokemon since it has been my favorite dinosaur since Dino Adventure 3D where you find dino eggs to defeat T Rex. But it was not discovered in Spain. I do like the idea of the Baryonyx.

I think if it had to be Spain, I think I'd also love to see a Struthiosaurus. I've been wanting an Ankylosaurs like pokemon for a long time. And could easily be Fighting/Rock.

Aside from that, I know we have had a lot of monkey like pokemon, but I'd love to see a Spider Monkey or a limur. If a limur, maybe base it off of Zaboomafuu lol.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I was originally going to make a new thread for this, but I think it is too similar to the topic to have another thread covering it. I also made a thread about possible Arceus DLC, but given the fact we no longer are likely to get it, it is time to move to SV. Especially now that we have a completely new region and climate.

We have been getting regional variants since Sun and Moon. And we are likely going to continue this. I know some people do not like this type of new pokemon. But there are other people who believe all we should get is variants given that we have so many pokemon. So....

What Pokemon do you think should get Regional Variants in this new region?
    Tropius - Please.... please give some love to Tropius and have it walk around like it did in the Gen 3 games. Given the fact there seems to be a massive theme around Grapes and Oranges, I think this would be an amazing time to give Tropius not one, but two regional variants. Maybe they could be Flying/Fairy or Fairy/Grass.

Dragonair and Dragonite - I think it would be amazing for them to get some love as well, especially since they haven't been used much and didn't even get a Mega Evolution when everyone thought they should have. Possibly Dragon/Electric.

What Pokemon do you think should get evolutions?
    I think Tropius is also in need of new evolutions. I would love to see this pokemon get some much needed love.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    For fossil pokemon... Heterodontosaurus and it could be Rock/Dark

For mythical pokemon... has to be a bull, llama, or donkey, but I hope cute and not metallic looking.. The bull could be fire/poison....Llama could be fairy/ground...... Donkey could be Bug/Normal because it can have bug wings

For animals to use for pokemon ideas... Flamingo, Jerboa, Bearded Dragon, Dumbo Octopus, Lemur, munchkin cat, Tapir.

Pokemon Variants... Eevee and Eeveelutions

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
  • I feel we need one based on the Barberry Ape. Maybe as a regional variant of Manky/Primeape? Also need a regional varient of the Pyroar line for Spain's national lion symbol. I don't have a lot of ideas as I'm not the most creative when coming up with this stuff. I'm more on the analysis/lore side than the creative side.

As for some of the others people have suggested...

- Bull (could be an issue since we already have Tauros, but a regional variant would work.)
    - Fairy Mouse (seriously cute version of the "tooth fairy")
    - Coin (works as a reference to Spain's huge financial and gold empire, though there are the unfortunate implications about how they got that...)
    - Ship based (We have Delmise, so not feeling a burning need.)
    - El Coco (there is already a theory that Fuecoco builds into this)
    - Genet (Yes. So much yes.)
    - Dolphin, (BACK SPAWN OF SATAN! BACK FROM WHENCE YOU CAME!)
    - Struthiosaurus/Ankylosaurs (Both were some of my favorite dinos as a kid and I'd love to see them come back.)
    - Flamingo/Ibex (Great options for the regional bird!)
    - Jerboa (Found our pika-clone.)
    - Regional Sentret/Furret (Well we already have the Gen 1 and 3 rodents with variants so I don't see why we can't do Gen 2.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Alternate form of Dragonite that looks more like Dragonair would be awesome.

Basilisk.

Gladiator/heelwalker insect. Have it evolve from a winged adult looking form to become wingless and nymph-like, that would be very unique.

Second the genet, dolphin, and spinosaurid.

Years
  • Alternate form of Dragonite that looks more like Dragonair would be awesome.

The Dragonair lover in me would absolutely love this, as unlikely as it may be. It'd be awesome!

Had another idea: It would be really cool to see regional variants in the past/future theme for Pokémon that are on the opposite end of that spectrum. So for example, a futuristic style Claydol (an ancient Pokémon) and a past style Beeheyem (more futuristic being based on an alien) regional forms.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The Dragonair lover in me would absolutely love this, as unlikely as it may be. It'd be awesome!

Had another idea: It would be really cool to see regional variants in the past/future theme for Pokémon that are on the opposite end of that spectrum. So for example, a futuristic style Claydol (an ancient Pokémon) and a past style Beeheyem (more futuristic being based on an alien) regional forms.

Oh, that's super clever! Like a Klinklang that's been sculpted out of terracotta, or a Klefki carved from a block of marble, haha.

Meanwhile Stonejourner could get some kind of high-tech, carbon fiber upgrade, and Boldore could be cast out of a fancy, futuristic epoxy resin. Lol, I love it.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • People, have any of you been keeping up with leaks regarding Regional Forms? In a nutshell:

Spoiler:

What do you think of this rumour? Do you believe it or want it be real, or do you think Game Freak might be stretching it too far?

Years
  • People, have any of you been keeping up with leaks regarding Regional Forms? In a nutshell:

Spoiler:

What do you think of this rumour? Do you believe it or want it be real, or do you think Game Freak might be stretching it too far?

Spoiler:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • As for what animals I want made into Pokémon, I want a stingray Pokémon, mainly because Game Freak hasn't designed a stingray Pokémon yet. Mantyke and Mantine do not count, as they are based on manta rays, which are different to stingrays. I want a Poison/Water-type stingray Pokémon that is naturally a physical attacker capable of learning moves such as Poison Tail, Poison Jab, and Liquidation naturally. Stat-wise, I feel it should be a Pokémon with a relatively high Attack stat because of its stinger, Speed stat because rays can swim fast, high physical defense stat because of their ability to physical defend themselves with their toxins, low HP because rays are pretty brittle, low Special Attack because I can't imagine rays attacking with elemental or magic type attacks, and low Special Defense because I can't imagine them defending themselves from elemental and/or magical attacks too well.

As for what objects I want made into Pokémon, I want a Pokémon based on a cloud. While I am aware that Castform exists, Castform looks more like a living creature. Instead, I want a Pokemon that closely resembles an actual cloud that lives in the sky among real clouds. I want its fully-evolved form to be large, have a cry that sounds similar to thunder, the ability to naturally produce Rain Dance, such as with the ability Drizzle, and perhaps have its typing be Electric/Flying, or Water/Flying, or better yet, decide its typing based upon the weather. In fact, I believe this Pokémon could make a good evolved form of Castform when I think about it.

Regarding myths, I wouldn't mind seeing more Pokémon based upon cryptids. I believe that they have potential to be interesting Pokémon. For example, I wouldn't mind seeing another Bug/Fighting Pokémon that is based upon Mothman, a Dark-type based upon the Chupacabra, a Normal-type based upon Bigfoot, and so on.

As for what fossil Pokémon I want to see, this might be a long shot, but I want to see the true forms of the fossil Pokémon from the Galar region that Cara Liss failed to revive correctly. I believe that they have the potential to be interesting Pokémon on their own.

As for Pokémon reaching the 1,000, I believe it could definitely happen, easily, especially if Nintendo creates a system more powerful than the Switch that could contain them all, which is likely to happen sometime in the near future.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • For those who didn't watch the Pokémon presents today: Paldean Wooper confirmed!

Still waiting for the official website to post the update, but I love that boy. Do you people think it will evolve into a Quagsire regional form, or do you believe it will have a regional evolution?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I feel like it will have a new evolution. Given the description, it sounds like they had to find a new way to survive, so it will probably evolve into something else.

Sawsbuck is now technically a Regional Form. Not a real one, but in trailer, I saw both Summer and Autumn Sawsbuck, so I feel like they change with the environment and not just season now. I guess this allows them to bring them out more often.

Back