• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailers show legendary encounters via Ultra Wormholes, encounters with previous evil Team leaders

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2023
Nintendo out here spoiling us rotten. I was expecting the Rainbow Rocket thing, but Giovanni using a Mewtwo... That got me way more excited then it should have had.

Battle Factory is back, and that?s what I?m most excited about. That area is incredibly nostalgic for me.

It looks like we can access all of the legendary forms too, which is a huge plus.

I hope we can use the giant Totems on WiFi battles...lol. Probably not if they retain their boosts.

littlebeeb

小さなもの
Years
*Heavy Breathing*

Can we talk about the updated Team Rocket music? Literally gave me goosebumps UGH! I'm so excited!!!

The fact that they tried to wrap up all of the handheld console games into one game with the inclusion of all the legendaries and bad guys from previous generations makes me think that Pokemon as a company might be going into a different direction once they start releasing games on the Switch, maybe? I guess only time will tell! It does have the feeling of a big going away party. :<

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
Ok now I'm pretty hyped, can't wait to play it.
I can see that this one being the last main series game on the Nintendo DS console, they're aiming for a very nice wrap up and the premises are very good.

Anyway, looks like the exclusive legendaries have been revealed as well. (Note: I found this on a Facebook Group I'm part of and as of now I didn't find any source for it)
Spoiler:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Je-sus-CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT

I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN ALL OF THAT WAS GREAT

Things that got me most excited though are the appearance of almost all legendaries (Zapdos!!!!) and of course the villains reappearing. Holy shit, are they from their own respective dimensions? Why are Archie and Maxie donning their RSE suits?? I need to know!!

They're really going all-out on this one. I'm incredibly excited to see the final result of all the hard work at GF for myself.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Also did anyone notice Faba in the villains promotional artwork? I guess that means Lusamine really has been demoted in this game.

I don't think Lusamine has been demoted more she isn't evil anymore so is not going to be a villainous leader anymore.

Also Lilligant, Milotic and Clefable aren't exactly Pokemon one would think of an evil person using. I can see Lusamine helping you or at least being a Battle Tree partner with a team themed on beauty and elegance. Her main Pokemon could be a Mega Gardevoir.

Returning villainous leaders is great news. I think Ghetsis may use some form of trick so Fairy types can't hurt his Hydreigon.

I plan to have my own Totem Lilligant. :)

I am disappointed however there are no new Alolan forms.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I feel like all the villians are working for Giovanni some how (the "rainbow" in team rocket) but him having a mewtwo just blew my mind . It's obvious this is the post game looker missions wish we had other protagonists help from other games. But damn this game gonna be crazy

Years
I love how GF has implented the theory of the Multiverses in these games. An alternate Giovanni from a universe where he has acccomplished something as simple has world domination. To Cyrus who became a deity by shaping his own universe, to Lysandre who committed humanticide via a giant death ray... It's too good to be true! The hype is overpowering me... Someone.. Catch me, I'm falling..

Kasreygan whited out...

Last edited:

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Do I need to say anything that has already been said here? Well...First off, I can finally say that yes, as I obviously knew from the start, the rumors were true. At this point, SO MUCH stuff for other games, including Nintendo games, has leaked this year, that I honestly thought that the dang rumors might as well have been also true, no matter how crazy they seemed to be.

Something to note here: The Rainbow Rocket stuff, according to the rumors/leaks (I'm still gonna take this stuff with a huge bowl of salt, here), is all stuff that happens during the actual story, apparently. Cause they do state in the rumors that the returning team not only takes over Aether Paradise, but also captures Nebby while he's still a Cosmog/Cosmoem. Also, they're all apparently from another dimension, which obviously would explain why three certain villains look like how they were in their original games and not the remakes/sequels. I mean, they sorta did confirm in the Delta Episode that there's another world where Mega Evolution doesn't exist.

The Battle Facility...Eh. Okay, I guess. I never did the Battle Frontier in Gen 4 cause I never had Platinum and I never did Pearl's Battle Park thing cause I never beaten Cynthia. I did Battle Subway in Black, I bothered with the Battle Chateau in Y...And fuck the fact that you have to beat Red/Blue in order to get access to the Battle Tree, which I still haven't done yet. God, at least HEAL my Pokemon before the fight and at least WARN me that I was gonna have to fight them! Err....Right, Battle Facility. Cool, I guess.

And of course you make the Legendaries exclusive through putting one in the 'Gold' version and the other in the 'Silver' version. Thanks for giving me an excuse for me, my brother and sister an excuse to trade for the Legendaries we want, Game Freak, cause no, I don't want the big flying orca, nor the fire dog, nor the electric black dragon.

MORE NEWS ON NOVEMBER 10TH ARE YOU KIDDING ME
Jesus, what else is there to show off before it's release THIS MONTH?! Oh, and you guys just HAD to do it around 1:00 AM EST, didn't you? That's like, the time when a majority of people are gonna be asleep.
Yeah, yeah, different time zones and whatever, but still.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about the fact that Faba's on the villain's side.
...That dude was already raising red flags that screamed 'bad guy' to me when I read his dialogue in Moon. Seriously, he's like the Vexen of Pokemon, except not really.

Last edited:
Years
Do I need to say anything that has already been said here? Well...First off, I can finally say that yes, as I obviously knew from the start, the rumors were true. At this point, SO MUCH stuff for other games, including Nintendo games, has leaked this year, that I honestly thought that the dang rumors might as well have been also true, no matter how crazy they seemed to be.

Something to note here: The Rainbow Rocket stuff, according to the rumors/leaks (I'm still gonna take this stuff with a huge bowl of salt, here), is all stuff that happens during the actual story, apparently. Cause they do state in the rumors that the returning team not only takes over Aether Paradise, but also captures Nebby while he's still a Cosmog/Cosmoem. Also, they're all apparently from another dimension, which obviously would explain why three certain villains look like how they were in their original games and not the remakes/sequels. I mean, they sorta did confirm in the Delta Episode that there's another world where Mega Evolution doesn't exist.

The Battle Facility...Eh. Okay, I guess. I never did the Battle Frontier in Gen 4 cause I never had Platinum and I never did Pearl's Battle Park thing cause I never beaten Cynthia. I did Battle Subway in Black, I bothered with the Battle Chateau in Y...And **** the fact that you have to beat Red/Blue in order to get access to the Battle Tree, which I still haven't done yet. God, at least HEAL my Pokemon before the fight and at least WARN me that I was gonna have to fight them! Err....Right, Battle Facility. Cool, I guess.

And of course you make the Legendaries exclusive through putting one in the 'Gold' version and the other in the 'Silver' version. Thanks for giving me an excuse for me, my brother and sister an excuse to trade for the Legendaries we want, Game Freak, cause no, I don't want the big flying orca, nor the fire dog, nor the electric black dragon.

MORE NEWS ON NOVEMBER 10TH ARE YOU KIDDING ME
Jesus, what else is there to show off before it's release THIS MONTH?! Oh, and you guys just HAD to do it around 1:00 AM EST, didn't you? That's like, the time when a majority of people are gonna be asleep.
Yeah, yeah, different time zones and whatever, but still.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about the fact that Faba's on the villain's side.
...That dude was already raising red flags that screamed 'bad guy' to me when I read his dialogue in Moon. Seriously, he's like the Vexen of Pokemon, except not really.

To let you know, the news is actually going to be at 12:00 EST since Daylight Savings Time is going to be ending this Sunday. I am excited for what might be announced in the future.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
YOOOOO I POPPED OFF SO HARD AFTER THAT

After watching both trailers multiple times, the rumors/leaks are definitely as real as my addiction to Raising Canes. Also something interesting to note, anyone remember that "leaked screenshot" that showed the Ultra Recon Squad, Lusamine, and Guzma all at the Altar? At about 2:47 in the Japanese trailer, you see that exact moment! Also it looks like Po Town is still rainy as well, contrasting what some of us thought about it by looking at the updated map.

Like, I don't even know what to say anymore. Rainbow Rocket has me hyped af. All of the villainous leaders returning from worlds where they succeeded? Giovanni with Mewtwo? All possibly using the legendaries they had their sights on? RSE Archie and Maxie? Lysandre's actually killed people? LES GOOOOO. And it seems they not only take over Aether Paradise, but Festival Plaza as well. Wonder how that's gonna turn out.

The Battle Agency sounds awesome. The Battle Factory was one of my favorite facilities of the Battle Frontier, so I'm extremely excited that they brought it back. Nothing more to be said about that other than I'll be spending a lot of time there.

I guess the Totem Stickers replace the Zygarde Core/Cell hunt from the previous games. Wonder how many there are? And would I only be limited to Pokemon we've seen before as Totems? Because I definitely want to get a Totem-sized Wailord. Don't think I won't do it. {XD} Though they seem to imply it's only actual Totems, and hint at exclusivity, such as Totem Lurantis being exclusive to Ultra Sun and Totem Salazzle being exclusive to Ultra Moon.

I'm more excited for these games than I've ever been. They've truly packed so much great content into them. I can definitely see what they meant when they said USUM is a culmination of everything they've worked on for the past 20 years.

...BUT WAIT, IS THERE ACTUALLY MORE NEWS ON THE 10TH?!
image.png

...I'm pretty excited.

Something to note here: The Rainbow Rocket stuff, according to the rumors/leaks (I'm still gonna take this stuff with a huge bowl of salt, here), is all stuff that happens during the actual story, apparently. Cause they do state in the rumors that the returning team not only takes over Aether Paradise, but also captures Nebby while he's still a Cosmog/Cosmoem.
Oh, I'm sure this is post game tho, especially if they really do all use legendaries, and during the trailer, the player character was battling them with legendaries. And Lillie's "you-know-who" might actually be her mother, not Nebby since they do take over her domain. Also during that scene where you can see Guzma holding back two Rainbow Rocket members, his shades are completed, which also matches his appearance in the promo art.

EDIT: I'm really liking the promo art for Rainbow Rocket:
E9Px0yZ.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Well, can't wait to fight demoted-to-Admin Ghetsis with his under leveled Hydreigon and Cyrus with his Golbat while " " Best Team Leader Ever " " Giovanni has Mega Mewtwo Y.

You know, they could have avoided this "Team Rocket is Best Team for leading all the past villains" scenario if they had just used Rocket's own Admins, but I guess that would mean using gen 2 characters, and gen 2 characters seem to be avoiding Alola like the plague.

But hey, Battle Factory is a step in the right direction. That's like, what? 1/6th of the Battle Frontier! We're getting there! Only 5 more 3rd versions to go and we may finally get the whole thing back...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm happy that the Battle Factory is back. It's one of the fun battle facilities, IMO.

I'm glad that I picked Ultra Sun first because it has better legendary exclusives IMO like the king of Ubers Groudon, Latios, and Heatran.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I wonder if over the next few days before release they are going to reveal more things like the Battle Agency. Wouldn't mind seeing all the Battle Frontier facilities come back in some fashion, even if they aren't all collected in one area.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
As amazingly awesome as this reveal is with the addition of most of the villains throughout the franchise, I can't help but question the concept that each villain supposedly succeeded in their alternate dimension. I mean if that's true than shouldn't Cyrus be an unkillable creator Deity?

I was thinking it could make sense if Cyrus is in the process of conquering other dimensions on top of his own, but would he really choose to work for Rocket? In fact would any of these villains choose to work fo Giovani?
I still think this content looks amazing, but good luck to Game Freak in trying to explain any of this.

Also... Giovani owns Mewtwo... Someone who is no longer part of our community must be smiling somewhere...

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
I watched the trailer back when it released, and to sum it up shortly, I'M FREAKING SOLD.

All the classic villains coming back is something that's been at the back of my mind for quite a while, and now it's finally coming to light in the form of USUM and Team Rainbow Rocket. What I have a feeling will happen though is that they'll take their original music themes with them rather than remix it, because as said earlier, they use their non-mega uniforms, which suggests they got pulled from the original universe. If they do, this is going to be one real nostalgia trip while we're once again getting pulverised by Cyrus's Gyarados or Ghetsis's underlevelled Hydreigon (although the latter won't be hard because fairies say hi).

I hinted at this earlier, and I've been wanting it - and now it's coming - a full-on legendary dump. I wasn't really expecting the current layout of legendaries for US and UM, but rather some changes from ORAS. For example, I was expecting Latias to be in US and Latios in UM due to colour schemes, same again for Xerneas and Yveltal, who I had a feeling were definitely coming back. I hope this time we actually have to go through dungeons and solve puzzles in order to encounter the legendary rather than it being dropped on us with no rhyme or reason. Once again, I have a feeling they'll pull their same themes from the original games, but I hope they wised up with the beasts and they use their respective theme from HGSS. Looking forward to catching Lando-T though...

The Battle Agency, on the other hand, seems pretty reminiscent of the Battle Factory, but with a flavour of the PWT. The prizes are pretty cool, to be honest - the one that jumped me was the Gold Bottle Cap. At least now obtaining Bottle Caps should be a lot easier than last time if you didn't want to use the Treasure Hunt exploit, and it therefore reduces the pressure on getting perfect IVs on the legendaries that are available to us. I also presume standard Bottle Caps are available as well, so I bet that people who play competitively are going to abuse the hell out of this feature, as well as Mantine surfing for tutor moves.

I'm actually now wondering what VGC18 will be like, now that the legendaries are all on us. Essentially, it's going to be just Battle Spot Doubles, and Lando-T will again take centre stage. Oh well, time to prepare for the same Lando/Tapu/Aegislash/Amoonguss/Mega Salamence teams...

Years
I was pretty amazed by whole trailer. I like the idea of fighting GRAMPS. But one thing that shocked me was that Giovanni had only 5 Pokemon. If it's in postgame, then its really disappointing and would like the game will be easy. Like REALLY easy.

Battle Agency sounds good, but I would prefer PWT. But renting Pokemon could be good way to try new strategies (something I was doing for past 3 years).

Totem stickers are just reskinned Zygarde Cell with better prize. I didn't mind collencting cells in SUMO, so this don't change my opinion on the game.

What really got me was obtaining Totem Pokemon. I find it funny how they pulled Yo-kai Watch with this concept :D

Back