• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_hoothoot

hey_nankeen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2014
    Hi, I'm new here! I literally have no idea what I'm doing haha.
    Just wanted to say hi, and any tips for chatting or trading would
    be greatly appreciated! Thank you :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

Ah, hi there, hoothoot! :D Nice to meet you!

If you're looking for places to chat, I recommend some places like the General Chat DCC for some leisurely general discussion, or maybe the Pokémon General DCC for some light pokemon discussion! But you can take a look at allof our general chat threads over on the helpful links thread!

Annnd of course for trading, there's our Trade Corner! I hope this helps you!~ Good luck on your trades, and have a fantastic staaay!~

hey_hoothoot

hey_nankeen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2014
    Ah, hi there, hoothoot! :D Nice to meet you!

If you're looking for places to chat, I recommend some places like the General Chat DCC for some leisurely general discussion, or maybe the Pokemon General DCC for some light pokemon discussion! But you can take a look at allof our general chat threads over on the helpful links thread!

Annnd of course for trading, there's our Trade Corner! I hope this helps you!~ Good luck on your trades, and have a fantastic staaay!~

Hi there Dragon, nice to meet you too! Thanks so much
    for the tips, I'll be sure to check them all out! I'm already having fun!

Years

I know Dragon covered everything I was going to say, but I'll squeeze a hello in as well.

As he mentioned, the Trade Corner would be a section you'll likely want to hang around, and it's got some very dedicated breeders and traders. I'm sure they'd love having you around their little community here, and there's various chit-chat threads around the forums like what Dragon shared in his helpful links.

Have fun and I'm sure you enjoy your time here!

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    hey guys, just decided that i wanted to finally make the pokemon game ive always wanted :P
    so here i am hoping anyone has DPP/HGSS ds style graphic tile sets for RPG xp that i could use. at this time, the game is to be a personal game until i have the time to dedicate to an actual game from scratch.

Years
    hey guys, just decided that i wanted to finally make the pokemon game ive always wanted :P
    so here i am hoping anyone has DPP/HGSS ds style graphic tile sets for RPG xp that i could use. at this time, the game is to be a personal game until i have the time to dedicate to an actual game from scratch.

I don't really have much knowledge in the game-making department, but how about looking over at the Game Development board where you can get the help you need?

And welcome to the forums too, Shadi! You definitely made the right choice to join today, as we have everything to help you in your plan to create a game, with the various tools the aforementioned Game Development board offers. If you have any Game Dev questions, the resident mod Maruno will be happy to assist!

Good luck, and enjoy your time here okay?

- Hikamaru

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

Nice too meet you, Shadi! I'm Megan. :) The Game Development section is a great section for you to get started. If you are familiar with RPG Maker, or any other tools used for game developing, then you should be good! If you have any questions in terms of foruming 'round here, don't hesitate to contact the staff here. See ya!

Yurei_Shino

Yurei
    Years
    Hi New Here

Hey everyone I am new here and I was wondering what are some of the best ways to get started in this community? Any community members i should talk to or good threads I should go to as a newbie here?

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hey everyone I am new here and I was wondering what are some of the best ways to get started in this community? Any community members i should talk to or good threads I should go to as a newbie here?

Hiya Yurei, I merged your post to the New User's Hangout instead. C:

Anywho to answer your question, you can take a look at the helpful links thread to see the kinds of stuff to help you get started! Loooads of helpful links and resources there, as well as a few of the chatting boards of the sections. <33

Hope this helps! ^^ Contact me if you need anymore assistance! Good day!~

Years

As Dragon mentioned above, there's some helpful links which you should consider checking out if you're curious about where you should look around, but you can explore at your own pace and see what grabs your attention.

As for members, well there's a lot of awesome people here so I'm sure you'll be able to get to know them as you go around, but there's the various Daily Chit Chat threads that Dragon showed you in the helpful links. Those are a nice place to get started if you want to chat with others.

But anyways, have a great time and I'm always happy to show you around!

- Hikamaru

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
    Years
    Hi Alexa! It's fantastic having you here, welcome. ^_^ You should open up an introduction thread when you can, would be a bit better than posting in the hangout.. though of course you're welcome to post here if you prefer. :)

Not too sure about websites that list every deck and card but I'd imagine Bulbapedia would be close enough (or perhaps Pokebeach as they're more known for the TCG aspect). Nice having card collectors here - we could use more of 'em. I mostly like them for the artwork and can't wait to buy more when I'm a little less stingy with money, lol.

Oh my - I just saw your response after all this time. I'm so sorry!
    Thank you for the warm welcome, I appreciate it!

I ended searching for some sites and there happen to be a couple of them which I'm super ecstatic about. The newer Full Art cards are beautiful! I can be stingy with my money... but oh well. Just makes us good at haggling, right?

I'm working on updating my Ponyta/Rapidash collection. I'm surprised at how cheap most of the cards are which is great! I'll be able to expand my collection in a short amount of time! Haha.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
    Well, I'm ChikoritaCheezits, your Cheezit eating Chikorita fan. I've been nosing around these forums figuring out how everything works. I'm on several forums so I get the gist of them.

pokgam

Banned
    Years
    Hello! I am 28 years old. Several years ago I was a boy, a few months ago, he played in the game Pokemon and he liked it, I decided to make a website for your child so he played it. And now I'm here, I have to learn all about Pokemon baby to be interesting to me. If you're wondering what a website that I created her child in the signature.

mativi

Medium Experienced Trainer
    Years
    So I'm the first one posting on this post after... 9 months? So, as a welcome page, I have a question: What is a DDC?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Well, I'm ChikoritaCheezits, your Cheezit eating Chikorita fan. I've been nosing around these forums figuring out how everything works. I'm on several forums so I get the gist of them.
    Welcome. Your name makes me hungry. :P

So I'm the first one posting on this post after... 9 months? So, as a welcome page, I have a question: What is a DDC?
    Yeah, I've been absent on and off myself for several months. It's a weird feeling to feel so new when it says you've been on here for a while. Anyways though, I was asking myself what that meant just now. And I think I figured it out. DCC (if that's what you meant) means Daily Chit-Chat.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Whelp, my permaban from MLP Forums is here to stay.

"Take this ban as a lesson for the future. Good luck."

Yeah, I'll be sure to have good luck now that I just got permabanned from the best site ever :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back