• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I'm definitely getting the blue one. I like the new analogue stick and addition of a home button, but I think the new locations of the Start/Select buttons could be slightly annoying. Also the fact they've flipped the side that the power button is on will probably annoy me to begin with, but that's just cause I'm used to DSi.

It had me at Ocarina of Time remake.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I won't be getting a 3DS, just because 3D burns my eyes.

Kid Icarus though... I'm a huge KI fan so I had a huge fangasm when I saw those pretty screens. I'm interested to see how the gameplay comes out - I doubt it'll be anything like the original Kid Icarus but they might implement certain elements to make it more interesting.

Monoeyes o.o

Despite not being fully related to the 3DS, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn looks awesome too. I can't wait to get my hands on these games.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    You can turn the 3D off it you don't want it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You know, if they're bringing Kid Icarus back, then I will hope and pray Earthbound/Mother gets revived.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    You know, if they're bringing Kid Icarus back, then I will hope and pray Earthbound/Mother gets revived.

You had to go and say that, didn't you? That's gonna be in my brain until it actually happens. Now I'm imagining what they could do with the trippy backgrounds plus 3D effects. @.@

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Before the show, I wasn't interested at all. BUT NOW OMFGAGSDGHSFGHHJKJKF.

I'm so ****ing excited, Kid Icarus? Ocarina of Time? Snake Eater!? AAAAAHHHHH

Years
    I am really interested in getting my hands on it somewhere to see what it is like.
    They are bigging it up to be amazing, so I have to see it for myself before I can really comment on it.

I would prefer it to be the size of the XL though, as I doubt I could go back to that size, since I own a XL.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Possibly two Kingdom Hearts games make my friend happy.
    Possibly two Final Fantasy games make me happy.

We then realized that the games are spin-offs.

Anyway, Ura Zelda 3DS is NOT known. This may be a tech demo, we may not get this game. Nintendo said nothing about it, but Star Fox 64 3D is that both me and my friend want. Besides, 70 games are being made right now, who DOESN'T WANT THAT?

Sorry, Mother is NOT on the list. It's around the size of a DSi, maybe XL.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    It won't be the size of an XL. Those were made for people with bad eyesight.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It won't be the size of an XL. Those were made for people with bad eyesight.

Well, the screen won't. It's only 3.5" (top) and around 3" (bottom).

I saw the E3 announcement... live.

EDIT: Thank you!

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    Im slightly confused is this going to be a completely new console with no ties ins to the original ds or is it going to be ANOTHER extra ds.

I dont mean to spoil
    the party but its getting out of hand. And people are buying them all. Its kinda scary how much people will spend on games/consoles.

While I understand it may be some peoples passion and love. Alot of casual gamers will pick it up and it will begin to collect dust. Its rather sickening

All my uncles aunts friends etc. buy the newest version all the time. I still have my phat ds. I love it but I dont see the reason of buying an upgraded ds if this one can do all the same things albeit a few.

Please don't flame me I'm entitled to my opinion and so are you. So I would love to hear the other side of the arguement.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Im slightly confused is this going to be a completely new console with no ties ins to the original ds or is it going to be ANOTHER extra ds.

I dont mean to spoil
    the party but its getting out of hand. And people are buying them all. Its kinda scary how much people will spend on games/consoles.

While I understand it may be some peoples passion and love. Alot of casual gamers will pick it up and it will begin to collect dust. Its rather sickening

All my uncles aunts friends etc. buy the newest version all the time. I still have my phat ds. I love it but I dont see the reason of buying an upgraded ds if this one can do all the same things albeit a few.

Please don't flame me I'm entitled to my opinion and so are you. So I would love to hear the other side of the arguement.

Well, the other side of the argument is that this is (going to be) a new system with it's own games. It'll still play DS cards, but it's not just a DS.
    If somebody buys a system and doesn't play it, that's their business.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Well if that's the case why would I waste my money buying it? :/

Well, aside the 3D aspect, the 3DS also offers massively improved graphics. And the titles that are coming out for it all look very interesting. So if you're not into 3D (like me) you still have several incentives there.

For anyone who's curious...
    Username:
    Pass:
    nintendo

https://press.nintendo.com/E32010/3DS/FACT_E3_UpcomingGames_3DS.pdf

You're a star! Games that interest me:

Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, Resident Evil: Revelations, Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Nintendogs & Cats, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Batman franchise (please be a non-Lego game that doesn't suck!) and Assassin's Creed.

There you are, Corvidae. That's plenty of reasons, even with the 3D dubiousness. :D

I dont mean to spoil

It's DS in name only - Dual Screen. Everything else has been upgraded and improved, the 3D functionality has been added, and 3DS games won't be able to work on a normal DS or DSi console. So it's pretty much what the GameBoy Advance was to th GameBoy/GBC. And pretty much every Nintendo fan owned a GameBoy Advance, despite it still being called GameBoy.

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    Aw, damn, I feel so stupid now. The 3DS is backwards compatible with other DS games, not the games themselves >_>

I'll NEED to get a 3DS now. Ah well. The list of titles already is a good reason to pick it up.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You had to go and say that, didn't you? That's gonna be in my brain until it actually happens. Now I'm imagining what they could do with the trippy backgrounds plus 3D effects. @.@

Yes. >:) It would be amazing. I really hope they do this, seeing that other games are making a comeback. Didn't I see Star Fox 64 remake? Doin' a barrel roll for that one, I tell ya.

Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, Resident Evil: Revelations, Professor Layton, Animal Crossing, Kid Icarus, Nintendogs & Cats, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Batman franchise (please be a non-Lego game that doesn't suck!) and Assassin's Creed.

Ohh, this thing has grabbed my heart again! OoT remake and a Kingdom Hearts game? I feel like a 10 year old girl swooning over Justin Beiber!

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I would love to buy this :D
    but I know Its going to cost alot :(
    I would get The blue one cause I love the color blue.
    the reason I would get it would be for The Paper Mario remake!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I want to buy one! I want the blue one:) I want it so I can play the KH game and the FF game in the list of upcoming titles for it and in case gen 5's third version or the Hoenn remakes are on it if the gen 6 games are...

Back